Revenge of the Fallen OFFICIAL NEWS ONLY discussion thread

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ne-166738/

The RotF Trailer is the most watched Super Bowl commercial online. Higher than the G.I. Joe Trailer (Which I didn't know AIRED during the Super Bowl.) and Pepsi's annual ad.

#1: Transformers 2 Trailer - 3,674,500
#2: G.I. Joe Trailer - 1,681,896
#3: Pepsi: Stay Forever Young - 1,635,703

UPDATE: This is unique hits, otherwise there would be another 100 or so just from me.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site ... ewsLang=en

Burger King has announced a "Revenge of the Fallen" promotion. And in other news, the King still is kinda creepy.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

secretcode wrote:Higher than the G.I. Joe Trailer (Which I didn't know AIRED during the Super Bowl.)
It was the first commercial in the final commercial break before kick-off.
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

I didn't watch it, mainly due to the week-long blackout.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Video Game for ROTF Trailer and Press Release!
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/951/951404p1.html

Straight Link to Trailer:
http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14267356 ... 20409.html

POSSIBLE Spoilers
SPOILER! (select to read)
Mainly due to a new Helicopter robot and Ironhide's new turret weapons- Both of which might be game-only.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

secretcode wrote:http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ne-166738/

The RotF Trailer is the most watched Super Bowl commercial online. Higher than the G.I. Joe Trailer (Which I didn't know AIRED during the Super Bowl.) and Pepsi's annual ad.

UPDATE: This is unique hits, otherwise there would be another 100 or so just from me.
GIJOE and Pepsi just got owned:headbang:
borg72

Post by borg72 »

what with their mutual origins and history, I'd have thought there'd be more love for GI Joe in here. I thought the trailer was pretty good. certainly beat the pants off the star trek spot, which did nothing for me, despite eagerly awaiting the film.

although i'm sure i've seen that jumping-through-rockets-down-a-street-in-slow-motion before. can't think where....
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Yes, but this is TRANSFORMERS website. We aren't GIJoe_Archives.com or something.
JoeStatix
Protoform

I have broken down images into still frames and posted them to this link to help see the ropbots a little better

Post by JoeStatix »

SPOILER! (select to read)
Its not great but it might help Also Ide like to point out the audi I think is Barricadefrom previous threads in toy rumors

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... D=28019632
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

borg72 wrote:although i'm sure i've seen that jumping-through-rockets-down-a-street-in-slow-motion before. can't think where....
I assume you're kidding, but in case you're not:

Ironhide did it.

:)
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

borg72

Post by borg72 »

Brimstone wrote:I assume you're kidding, but in case you're not:

Ironhide did it.

:)
sorry, my bad. i was so sure i'd clicked the button for the 'sarcasm' tags... ;)

@secretcode: i know, i guess i just assumed there wold be a bigger fanbase overlap.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

borg72 wrote:sorry, my bad. i was so sure i'd clicked the button for the 'sarcasm' tags... ;)
I figured, but thought just in case.... :)
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

Clay

Post by Clay »

borg72 wrote:@secretcode: i know, i guess i just assumed there wold be a bigger fanbase overlap.
There are a fair number of fans that follow both franchises, but I think the appeal of each is a little different. GI Joe always struck me as a variant of Xmen (lots of characters with specializations or themes), whereas Transformers appealed to me more because of the tactile interaction of the process and the physical and stylistic variety allowed by the characters not being human.
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

secretcode wrote:http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ne-166738/

So, RotF got, roughly, twice as many hits as the number 2 and 3 spots. Not too shabby at all. :) BTW, I read elsewhere that G.I. Joe had an arguably preferable time slot. I'm not into sports at all, but I understand that people tend to pay more attention to ads just before kickoff (where Joe laid) than, say, randomly placed ones at third quarter(RotF).
secretcode wrote:http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site ... ewsLang=en

Burger King has announced a "Revenge of the Fallen" promotion. And in other news, the King still is kinda creepy.
Gah! I have the set of their first movie kid's meal toys. (Thanks to a friend who worked there at the time. He also gave me a few neat pieces of promo type stuff, like a small poster of Bumblebee...) The Starscream and Scorponok ones make nifty li'l figurines but the rest were abominations. Not honestly expecting more this time, but if the kids get a kick out of them that's really all that matters...

And, yes, that King really freaks me out. Almost as much as those Quizno's singing spider monkey things...
secretcode

Well, shit.

Post by secretcode »

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... works.html

"In the midst of the honeymoon, the marriage between DreamWorks and Universal Studios is finished.
In a sort of "Dear DreamWorks …" letter, Universal released a statement Friday afternoon ending its agreement to release DreamWorks' films.

The breakup over finances leaves the studio that created hits such as Transformers, Tropic Thunder and Blades of Glory stalled as they work on new projects, not only unable to place their films in theaters but also unable to shoot them without a new home.

The agreement had been heralded as an ideal fusion of DreamWorks' creativity with Universal's powerhouse marketing and distribution. That partnership was dissolved in a four-sentence announcement from Universal spokesperson Cindy Gardner:

"Universal Pictures has ended discussions with DreamWorks for a distribution agreement. Over the past several weeks, DreamWorks has demanded material changes to previously agreed-upon terms. It is clear that DreamWorks' needs and Universal's business interests are no longer in alignment. We wish them luck in their pursuit of funding and distribution of their future endeavors."

DreamWorks opted not to issue a public response.

The breakup comes as a shock to Hollywood and likely a personal blow to DreamWorks partners Steven Spielberg and Stacey Snider. Spielberg's early hits Jaws and E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial were at Universal, and he has always had his Amblin Entertainment headquarters on the studio's backlot. Snider was the former studio boss for Universal.

When they announced the pairing five months ago, Spielberg said, "We came home." He was looking for a welcome mat and a friendly reception at his old homestead.

"Every movie is fraught with unknown hazards: Is the idea commercial? Are we being too adventuresome with our concept? There are so many unknowns in conceiving a motion picture and getting it made and doing it the best you can," Spielberg said at the time. "I want my colleagues and partners to be the least of my problems. The making of a film, the conceiving of a good script is enough of a problem. I want calm waters."

DreamWorks' previous two-year-old arrangement with Paramount had been financially successful — resulting in hits Transformers, Dreamgirls and Sweeney Todd, among others — but was plagued by internal wrangling with Paramount's leadership.

DreamWorks began hunting for a new partner, financing its independence with $550 million in equity from India's Reliance BIG Entertainment and about $700 million from JPMorgan Chase. But the economic crisis made it difficult for Morgan to raise those funds as quickly as expected. Timetables were extended, and the half-billion dollars from Reliance hung in the balance, waiting for DreamWorks to get on surer footing.

One way DreamWorks sought to do that was by requesting more of a financial commitment from Universal, which led to today's breakup. Now Spielberg and Snider must find another Hollywood partner. One possibility: Disney, one of the early suitors for DreamWorks after the Paramount split."

--------

Disney Transformers: Possible in more ways than one apparently.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

This doesn't effect RotF? I figure not. The trailer did have a Paramount logo, so I assume that deal is done.

will it effect TF3 is the real question.
Come on and wind me up.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

another tf fan wrote:This doesn't effect RotF? I figure not. The trailer did have a Paramount logo, so I assume that deal is done.

will it effect TF3 is the real question.
Who says there's gonna be a TF3???
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Rattrap's tail wrote:Who says there's gonna be a TF3???
Well i did hear a few rumours around sometime back.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Treadshot A1 wrote:Well i did hear a few rumours around sometime back.
Where? From who? From people who suspect camera's to be Reflector?
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

Rattrap's tail wrote:Where? From who? From people who suspect camera's to be Reflector?
But Reflector IS a Camera! :p