Revenge of the Fallen SPOILER discussion thread - expect SPOILERS inside!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

borg72 wrote:indeed, we have a superbowl trailer! feb 1st (isn't that a bit late for the superbowl? i thought it was normally mid-late january?)
Good job. Please link the news to your post next time.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111799 ... id=13&cs=1
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Someone has enhanced the teaser poster (presumably through messing around with brightness and contrast) to reveal an INSANE amount of detail hidden in the black of the poster.

you can find both the original and the enhanced version here -

http://www.superherohype.com/news/trans ... hp?id=7977
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

CounterPunch wrote:Someone has enhanced the teaser poster (presumably through messing around with brightness and contrast) to reveal an INSANE amount of detail hidden in the black of the poster.

you can find both the original and the enhanced version here -

http://www.superherohype.com/news/trans ... hp?id=7977
Not sure if this even demands spoilering, but I'll play it safe...
SPOILER! (select to read)
Someone on that page commented the Fallen's(most likely) face has similar details to the Decepticon symbol and he surely does! And clearly reminds of the Autobot 'face' poster from the first movie.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

I almost thought it was some mutant car front grille...just with glowing red eyes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

EDIT: Nevermind.
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

S_Windell wrote:Not sure if this even demands spoilering, but I'll play it safe...
Someone on that page commented the Fallen's(most likely) face has similar details to the Decepticon symbol and he surely does! And clearly reminds of the Autobot 'face' poster from the first movie.
It's definitely a wild poster, and the details revealed in the "enhanced" version look insane.
the resemblance to the Decepticon symbol are unmistakable, but you'll also notice the Egyptian motif as well. namely, how it looks like an Egyptian headdress.
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

Tramp wrote:It's definitely a wild poster, and the details revealed in the "enhanced" version look insane.
the resemblance to the Decepticon symbol are unmistakable, but you'll also notice the Egyptian motif as well. namely, how it looks like an Egyptian headdress.
And now, yes, I do see that.

And just for the heck of it...
http://server6.theimagehosting.com/imag ... venge3.JPG
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

http://www.10208.07jn.thinkquest.nl/hoofdstukken/far...
Look at this picture of Tut and compare this to that Decepticon. You'll notice some similairities.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

That link doesn't work.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Nevermore wrote:That link doesn't work.
Sh*t. Sorry guys. I know, I am a real comp-n00b. I couldn't get the link right this time and I don't know how to fix it. But my idea was to post a photo of Tutanchamon's mask so you could compare it to the poster. Sorry that i've failed.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Am I the only one that thinks the enhanced poster looks like Sauroman from LOTR?
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Ackula wrote:Am I the only one that thinks the enhanced poster looks like Sauroman from LOTR?
Yes.

Others might think of Sauron, though.
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

I was thinking Morgoth, but still, nice poster regardless. It'll be worth me getting compared to the first movie poster(s).
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Brimstone wrote:Yes.

Others might think of Sauron, though.
:lol::lol::lol:

Well I made an ass of myself didn't I? Sauron is what I meant :p
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

No, I don't see Sauron but have seen comments elsewhere from others that think so.

The more I look at it, at least the central facial area, the more it looks like a Predator to me. Man, I hope I can shake off that impression soon enough...
ismellicecream
Protoform

Post by ismellicecream »

just a personal speculation:
It would be pretty cool if they somehow tied this in to egyptian gods. Imagine a flashback showing a battle between the fallen and whoever, being observed by 1000's of ancient egyptians. The whole symbology thing would tie in nicely, not to mention the theory about the pyramids being tied to the stars somehow (are the pyramids an even more ancient version of sams glasses?). Dont bash me - it was just a reflex theory from seeing the enhanced picture.
EDIT:
Well, I've just been browsing and apparantly this whole fallen/egypt thing has already been speculated. Some folk are mentioning it would be too similar to stargate (never seen it). If thats the case, sorry for a pointless post. I just want to be loved :D
numbat

Post by numbat »

It's probably totally rediculous and all, but I see a similarity between 'The Fallen' on the poster, and the Jetfire Legends mould. There's those flanges enamating from the head, and all. (Image) Probably nonsense, and all - maybe it's a theme, or coincidence. Clearly, the Legends Class mould doesn't bear a huge resemblance to the archaic style and Decepticon logo shown on the poster! It would be nice to actually have The Fallen in the film, as is suggested!
borg72

Post by borg72 »

numbat wrote:
It's probably totally rediculous and all, but I see a similarity between 'The Fallen' on the poster, and the Jetfire Legends mould. There's those flanges enamating from the head, and all. (Image) Probably nonsense, and all - maybe it's a theme, or coincidence. Clearly, the Legends Class mould doesn't bear a huge resemblance to the archaic style and Decepticon logo shown on the poster! It would be nice to actually have The Fallen in the film, as is suggested!
indeed - it was the side grills that did it for me. and although the faces themselves aren't that similar, the legends class jetfire mold head does have some similarity to other earlier non-movie renditions of the fallen (i'm thinking the mouthguard grill). assuming some kind of intentional design homage, it makes me think the two are 'related' or share a common background. which might make sense, given what (little) we know about jetfire in rotf so far
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

He does look a lot like the old logo. Didn't ol' Soundwave always look a lot like the logo? Actually, that Fallen chap looks a lot like the Soundwave mould we saw a while back
secretcode

Okay then, this is stupid.

Post by secretcode »

REALLY stupid.
http://transformerslive.blogspot.com/20 ... wl-ad.html

Alleged rumors on the plot, and most are easily debunked.

… a friend of mine works for a company that's licensing some merchandise for ROTF and told me a few things that he's seen for the upcoming film, including some early CGI stuff etc.
- The film opens with the US Military teaming up with the Autobots, who are the military vehicles, to hunt down rogue Decepticons. Springer is one of them, and this is the part in China.
- Wheels/Wheelie is a blue remote control car and very small Transformer. He discovers Jetfire at the museum by driving underneath him and seeing the Decepticon symbol. (This at least fits description of what was filmed at Udvar-Hazy.)
- There's a seen where Alice pins Sam to the bed, and a tail with a hypodermic on it cones out of her back. She also has a giant tongue, apparently. Should keep the Kiss play fans happy! (Something to add to the Ravage as Pretender rumor.)
- The twins are important characters who fight each other a lot and can combine. (Might explain the split ice cream truck.)
- Devastator looks like a gorilla, and has the cement mixer drum in the centre of his chest, which he can use as a weapon.
- Possibly Superion as an autobot combiner, but he was a little vague on this. (Nope, the toy is just a repaint, not part of the movie.)
- Megatron hasn't been in any of the film licensing stuff, just the toys. (Matches Bay's words on the subject.)
- He saw a Decepticon Hot Rod model, but he's convinced that was part of the disinfo campaign. (Or just a another non-movie character toy for the toy line.)
Basically just another simple case of "HE TELL ME".
The Springer thing sounds a bit odd, just trying to justify the legends mold... And considering there were no Ospreys on the set in China.

The Wheels thing is more or less confirmed already, mainly due to earlier set reports.

Ravage is entirely possible... Same with Devastator.

Superion... I don't even have to say anything about that.

Megatron seems to be Bay reaching in and "MISINFORMING" everyone. This rumor is still highly debated, mainly due to the CGI renders and things we've already seen.

The Hot Rod thing probably ISN'T the character, just a vehicle type IF real.
More stuff:
In addition to the above, "Tawd" reports that someone he knows received some promotional material for Transformers 2 including the new official poster and that the Superbowl trailer is expected to air during halftime (not officially confirmed). In addition, to contradict Toadimus, he reports "that they're going to bring back Megatron and the Starscream/Megatron relationship will be more prominent than it was in the movie and much more like the G1 series. Also, it may be a three way brawl much like the Insecticons fighting Autobots and Decepticons and the Fallen will pose a threat to both sides." (No he isn't saying the Insecticons are in the movie, it is a G1 cartoon reference I believe.)
Yeah, MASSIVE contradiction.