Not the end of Animated toys, new figures announced!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

The moment you said Dish Network, you had my sympathy.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

another tf fan wrote:Yeah, but Dish Network only runs the EST feed here on the west coast. Out here in the woods Dish is almost the only way to get tv. Really doing a lot of Kids a disservice running TF: A at 3 am.
CN also runs TFA on Saturday at 10:00 AM EST.
caldar
Protoform

Post by caldar »

Is this supposed to be nationwide (US)?

Target and Walmart up here are having a hard time keeping TFA toys in stock they sell so quickly. Hasbro itself has said they are putting their Universe line on hiatus to make room for the ROTF line of toys. So it doesn't make any sense to stop selling Animated toys.
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

caldar wrote:Is this supposed to be nationwide (US)?

Target and Walmart up here are having a hard time keeping TFA toys in stock they sell so quickly. Hasbro itself has said they are putting their Universe line on hiatus to make room for the ROTF line of toys. So it doesn't make any sense to stop selling Animated toys.
I have a feeling that Hasbro is putting all other main TF lines on hold to focus exclusively on the movie line. Thus, the only main line TFs that will be out are for RotF.
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

Denyer wrote:Is it somewhere a large number of kids get to see it? In the UK, IIRC it's buried on a network with extremely limited subscription. (Entirely possible I may be thinking of previous TF shows, though...)

That'll be the Nicktoons channel and Animated is aired at around 9pm on weekdays.

This really is a shame. Animated is the only line that I started to like and collect since Armada and Alternators first became available.
Just hope they dont do another rehash again and maybe do a sequel to animated. Maybe set sometime in the future or maybe in another part of the galaxy with a different group of Autobots.

Oh wait, hang on. Thats already been done :(
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

I have words I'd like to say about this...but they're not FDA approved.

It also seems quite odd, since we've also had confirmation that the show starts again in march and have seen plenty of concept sketches for characters to appear in that season. We also have news of the release of exclusives and sightings of Samurai Prowl and Waspinator. Not to mention the pics of Arcee and Soundwav w/Ratbat. I just find it mind-boggling to cancel the line just when the next season is starting.

I've no doubt that ROTF figures will sell well, but they don't come out until the end of May, barring the two preview figures we know about. I haven't heard of any other Universe releases (though Inferno still hasn't hit my area), and if stores aren't stocking anymore Animated figures, what the hell is going to be on the shelves for the next three months (beside, obviously, whatever's shelfwarming now)?

The cancellation is obviously confirmed, so I wonder if they'll toss the last part of the line into Universe packaging, or at least continue the line in Universe?
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Does this mean already released waves (Blurr, Swindle, Samurai Prowl, Waspinator) won't ship any more? I haven't even seen the likes of Blurr or Wreck Gar...Having them NEVER SHOW UP would be a killer.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
CJHawk
Protoform

Post by CJHawk »

With Season 3 coming my only hope is that Hasbro is cancelling waves in the immediate future to make room for ROTF, but will reboot TFA later in the year after ROTF has had its big push. Yes, I know, slim chance.
NecroMan
Protoform

Post by NecroMan »

i guess that explains why the Leader-Class Optimus Prime was being sold for $9.87 at the Wal-Mart I go to.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Rookwise wrote:That'll be the Nicktoons channel and Animated is aired at around 9pm on weekdays.

This really is a shame. Animated is the only line that I started to like and collect since Armada and Alternators first became available.
Just hope they dont do another rehash again and maybe do a sequel to animated. Maybe set sometime in the future or maybe in another part of the galaxy with a different group of Autobots.

Oh wait, hang on. Thats already been done :(
It's on Nicktoons at 8 in the evening. I actually watched it last night at this time. In it's time on Nicktoons it's gone from a great slot for kids, early in the morning and mid afternoon around 3 I think, to a nowhere slot of 8 in the evening. Guess it didn't do that great for ratings but then this is Nicktoons we're talking about hardly the biggest ratings winner.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Are there any other toy-lines Hasbro is cancelling? If so, it could be because of that damn financial crisis which is now raging across America. Or it could be one very strange move from Hasbro
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Rattrap's tail wrote:Are there any other toy-lines Hasbro is cancelling? If so, it could be because of that damn financial crisis which is now raging across America. Or it could be one very strange move from Hasbro
Just the Indiana Jones line, from what I can tell, which shouldn't surprise anyone considering how poorly Crystal Skull was recieved (and how almost non-existant the 'new fan' draw was.)

It seems like, to me, Hasbro's wanting to put all their eggs into the movie basket this time with Transformers, but it's still weird. Universe is getting more attention, but Animated is being cancelled just a few months early? A bit bizzare.

If it was the recession, you would think Hasbro would push more economical product, though, and not all the ginormous toys to be found within the Revenge line. You would also think they would be damn sure to release toys they've already spent most of their cost on.

On the other hand, supplementing the line with more redecos and re-releases (Universe) would also make sense, and Universe is continuing...

I don't know, though, this move doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Hasbro's not being consistant.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Transformer Kamen wrote:The cancellation is obviously confirmed, so I wonder if they'll toss the last part of the line into Universe packaging, or at least continue the line in Universe?
I could see that if they're "cancelling" Animated. If they already have these toys in the works, it would be a shame to not see them released. I don't know what the exact time span is for artwork-prototype-final version, but I thought it was fairly fast, meaning by the time we've seen some artwork on figs that are in the works, aren't they already working on moulds and 3D prototypes? Would seem like a terrible waste of time and effort (not that a lot of money has been dumped in, but if it's almost complete, why not put it out, especially if it's just a repaint?).

I'm not a fan of Animated, I much prefer the Universe line, but seeing TF lines diminish is sad. The more, the better, I feel. So if it gets shifted to Universe, I just hope the general consumer picks up on that and keeps the sales going...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

TFVanguard wrote:Yeah yeah, haven't posted in a bit
Being banned will do that.
Clay

Post by Clay »

TFVanguard wrote:On the other hand, supplementing the line with more redecos and re-releases (Universe) would also make sense, and Universe is continuing...
Universe is done after the next wave of deluxes (with Hotshot and Ratchet). There's nothing past that to cancel since everything else is already out.
TFVanguard wrote:It seems like, to me, Hasbro's wanting to put all their eggs into the movie basket this time with Transformers, but it's still weird.
A fair bit of it may be retailer response, too. The movie stuff sold so well that a few toys that were intended for Universe ended up being sold under the Movie banner instead. The walmart-exclusive deluxe Big Daddy, Crankcase, Fracture, etc., are examples of this, as are some of the Toys R Us exclusives like Mudflap/Erector and not-Tote. So Hasbro may have canceled the last Animated voyagers because retailers simply want new Movie stuff.
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

ganon578 wrote:seeing TF lines diminish is sad. The more, the better, I feel.
Agreed - it's been nice to be able to pick and choose on personal taste from several different lines and styles, rather than just having to live with whatever's on the shelf and take it or leave it. I've picked and chosen from Animated (Megatron, Bulkhead, Prowl, Ratchet, Starscream, Grimlock, Snarl, Sentinel Prime, Blitzwing, Lugnut) and Universe (Unicron, Starscream, Acid Storm, Hound), which has helped me resist buying tempting but ultimately unnecessary toys like An. Bumblebee or the Universe Voyagers.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Clay wrote:Universe is done after the next wave of deluxes (with Hotshot and Ratchet). There's nothing past that to cancel since everything else is already out.
I thought so, but they were being pretty vague and elusive on Universe both at Toy Fair and in their own press release. Animated's cancellation does seem to have been sudden, but if they're cutting Animated (which has a show and all that) a couple of waves early.. why is Universe continuing out to the end?

It's a mystery, and mysteries give me a headache.
Clay

Post by Clay »

TFVanguard wrote:I thought so, but they were being pretty vague and elusive on Universe both at Toy Fair and in their own press release. Animated's cancellation does seem to have been sudden, but if they're cutting Animated (which has a show and all that) a couple of waves early.. why is Universe continuing out to the end?
I think the general game plan for Universe was always to release a set amount of stuff and then discontinue the line while Hasbro ships Movie 2 stuff, and then re-evaluate continuing Universe as the catch-all line after the movie line tapers off.

EDIT: Also, the last wave of Universe Deluxes is probably already shipping to distribution centers by now, making it too late to cancel. The Animated Voyagers were only at the announcement / solicitation stage, meaning they may not have even started mass production.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Clay wrote:I think the general game plan for Universe was always to release a set amount of stuff and then discontinue the line while Hasbro ships Movie 2 stuff, and then re-evaluate continuing Universe as the catch-all line after the movie line tapers off.

EDIT: Also, the last wave of Universe Deluxes is probably already shipping to distribution centers by now, making it too late to cancel. The Animated Voyagers were only at the announcement / solicitation stage, meaning they may not have even started mass production.
Maybe. I know that was the plan, as of last BotCon, for Universe, but they've backed away from it now. The evasiveness at Toy Fair was pretty bizzare, even for Hasbro.

Normally, even when Hasbro (or other companies) just outright screw up, I can generally figure out what they were thinking. This time I'm completely at a loss. They may be putting all their eggs into the movie basket, but it seems awfully soon to do that. I think we're missing a pretty big data point here, and I'm not sure what it is.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

I really, really hope this "Animated canceled" deal is just a rumor... I mean, it still has season 3 to go through, right? If they continue Universe after RotF has run it's course, it couldn't hurt to release the last few planned figures through that. (not that I'm holding my breath on Universe coming back)
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!