Not the end of Animated toys, new figures announced!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Treadshot A1 wrote:That's still not thirteen. Just five. :confused:
I don't think the rest have been defined (either more solidly, as with e.g. The Fallen and Vector Prime, or even tenuously as with Sentinel Maximus).

I look forward to finding out who they were, and may be tempted by toys...
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

numbat wrote:Vector Prime and Sentinel Maximus (depending on which bio you like).

This whole Animated thing is weird.

Over here in the UK, my local Asda have Universe on mega-sale (less than half price), whereas Animated are still full price, going strong...

But I don't imagine the UK makes up a huge portion of the TF profits.
What does Asda have in at the moment? I read somewhere that Sainsbury's also has Universe Deluxes on offer at the moment.

Having said that Universe Deluxes have been £13 for a while, whereas Animated Deluxes have only just gone up to that, and I got a load of Animated Voyagers before christmas half price.

Man, I wish they'd released the regular version of Ultra Magnus in the UK.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Neuronutter wrote:What does Asda have in at the moment? I read somewhere that Sainsbury's also has Universe Deluxes on offer at the moment.

Having said that Universe Deluxes have been £13 for a while, whereas Animated Deluxes have only just gone up to that, and I got a load of Animated Voyagers before christmas half price.

Animated Deluxes are at 9.97GBP (or some such) in my Asda in Hamilton (well, a week ago).

Universe normal price is 12.97GBP, but they have been reduced to 6.00GBP.

They have Ironhide (blue faces only chaps and chapettes...), Silverstreak and Acid Storm.

I picked up Ironhide, and have developed a love-hate relationship with him. (My first TF in months as well...)
borg72

Post by borg72 »

Neuronutter wrote:What does Asda have in at the moment? I read somewhere that Sainsbury's also has Universe Deluxes on offer at the moment.

ditto on UM. I've heard of the roadbuster version, oddly, but not the original.

Asda york has a ton of SW crossovers, some recent legends (the wave jazz was in), and some random animated deluxes (wave 1 and 2 leftovers). they also had supreme roll out prime at just under half price... i was tempted for ebayage, but am wary of product that has minimal collectors market appeal, and roll out prime looked seriously kiddified (I'm a tentative re-bayer, not a fan of risks. the collecters market i know, but kids toys is less coherent to me).

the asda shelf space looked relatively dedicated (IE not just filling in gaps, as with tescos nowadays). It was the first time i've ever seen TFs at an asda though, so i dont know how much permanence they will have, unless they're pickin them up ready for an rotf push.
numbat

Post by numbat »

borg72 wrote:ditto on UM. I've heard of the roadbuster version, oddly, but not the original.

Asda york has a ton of SW crossovers, some recent legends (the wave jazz was in), and some random animated deluxes (wave 1 and 2 leftovers). they also had supreme roll out prime at just under half price... i was tempted for ebayage, but am wary of product that has minimal collectors market appeal, and roll out prime looked seriously kiddified (I'm a tentative re-bayer, not a fan of risks. the collecters market i know, but kids toys is less coherent to me).

the asda shelf space looked relatively dedicated (IE not just filling in gaps, as with tescos nowadays). It was the first time i've ever seen TFs at an asda though, so i dont know how much permanence they will have, unless they're pickin them up ready for an rotf push.
My experience of TFs and Asdas over the last few years has been variable. It seems fairly store dependent. Star Wars crossovers have been turning up in small batches around Asdas for years, and the store in Dumbarton stocked loads of TFs, whereas the bigger store in Hamilton only has a couple of rows of Animateds and a single row of sale Universes - and regularly has no TFs at all (guess they don't restock quickly after they sell out). These sale Universes are the first Universes this store has ever stocked that I am aware of (and I do my weekly shop there...) (bar the odd Legends)! I'm hopeful that they may stock ROTF stuff though.
Dragon Warrior Steve
Protoform

Post by Dragon Warrior Steve »

This is bad. I got to get a hold on some of these while I have the chance. It's really unfortunate for what is one of my favorite Transformer cartoons.
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

This first 13 transformers stuff is only in the comics, huh? I wish I could have been able to keep up on that through the years, but no. The last TF comic I read (before the '07 movie fanned the flames) was when GI Joe blew up Bumblebee. I've always wanted to get into them, but nothing good is available. The only stuff I've found is a few spotlights, and the Megatron origin. I didn't get those, but I did get the Megatron origin all in one, which was vague and disappointing to me.

As far as the Animated toy line goes, why would they do this now, with the fan base established and eager for the next (final, I guess?) season of the show that is soon to air. Strike while the iron is hot! This and the movie line are getting more new kids to buy universe toys as well. bah.
optimusjamie

Post by optimusjamie »

In my local tesco, it was 2.95 for TFA Deluxes, so this has already hit home for me.
Mama Luigi wrote:Or, is it the bagel?
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... es-166940/

And this just in....
New Transformers: Animated Figures! attachment
The Transformers Collector's Club newsletter arrives with a pre-order slip, revealing the following new figures for Transformers: Animated:

Deluxe: Ratchet, Freeway Jazz.

Voyager: Blackout and Wingblade Optimus Prime.
Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. And no TFVanguard, it is not the end of Animated Toys. :)
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

And there was much rejoicing.

Assuming that TFW2005 is more reliable than the sites that said it was the end.
Mr Nancypants
Protoform

Post by Mr Nancypants »

But, but...how will that cool cat with all the insider Transformers info. feel cool and make a triumphant return now?
Gouki

Post by Gouki »

Blackout? Awesome. Wingblade Optimus also intriguing. Ratchet does not. I mean, at least Jazz has a new addition to his name.
"Give into the Demon inside... Shun Goku Sattsu!"
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

optimusjamie wrote:In my local tesco, it was 2.95 for TFA Deluxes, so this has already hit home for me.
£3 for Animated Deluxes? Is this serious? But retail is £13?
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

No Dai Atlas? No interest.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Sunstreaker2 wrote:No Dai Atlas? No interest.
Seems reasonable.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Until I see Arcee, Wreck Gar, Blackout and Rodimus in stores I don't believe anything. Hell I saw Shockwave Just once (thank god I bougght him too.) While never finding Skywarp.
Come on and wind me up.
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Notabot wrote:And there was much rejoicing.
yay.
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

Now I'm really confused. Also, I notice the press release doesn't mention when these will actually be out, are they still planning on a May or later release?

Anyway, this should be a lesson to all of us to take all things on the internets with several grains of salt. ;)
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Ackula wrote:Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. And no TFVanguard, it is not the end of Animated Toys. :)
Here's hoping they actually come out!

Wonder if they're putting them under a new 'sur-name' or something, like "Transfomers: Animated: Something-something Force" like they've done with other lines lately.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Dai Atlas might pop up later.

But this proves Hasbro isn't as foolish as we first thought! For now, anyway...;)
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!