Stan Bush touches The Touch, loses the touch

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
AndyTurnbull
Protoform

Post by AndyTurnbull »

That acoustic version is quite decent actually.

Andy
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Well..... I was able to get through the "The Touch" video. Compared to the "Ground Zero" redux that he did, "The Touch" was pigging poetry.

Dear Lord, "Til All Are One" just sucked......... How could he have done that to "Ground Zero"?
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

jesus, ever heard the last track on the 2006 re-release of TFTM soundtrack?

it's the DiCola/Bush TF Theme...

Truly terrible.
Come on and wind me up.
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

zigzagger wrote:I just couldn't finish watching it. It doesn't even have that fun, cheesy kind of charm about it.
I second that. It was one of those moments you feel like cringing and feel embarrassed you're watching it. It's like watching those idiots who think they can sing during the first few weeks of American Idol.
snavej

Post by snavej »

Gary Glitter had 'The Touch' and look what happened. :(
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Wow....

First off, imo that Stan Bush song isn't the worst in the world, I (like a number of people) love the old cheesy one, it (as well as Dare) has been a mainstay uplifting song in my life since I was like 3, in this once hes jus turned it in to a moody whine fest.

DiCola track - I've never head DiCola sing (unless thats him singing in Hears on Fire) but is it me or is he trying to do his best Chris Cornell impression?

EDIT - Watching that (and other Stan Bush videos), I can't help but see Rowdy Roddy Piper when I look at him.
wyze2099
Protoform

Post by wyze2099 »

"Til All Are One" was actually pretty good right up until Stan Bush started singing. His revamp of "The Touch" somehow manages to be even cornier than the original song (which I loved back when I was a kid, but now that it's not the '80s, not so much). I honestly think the best thing he could do in his videos is refrain from appearing in them constantly. It looks like a really desperate ego trip.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

I don't even have to hear it to now it's bad. Most of the time an 80's has been singer/rockstar/moviestar tries to make a come-back it's horrible. Samething goes for movie remakes. 85% if them are comeplete and utter bullcrap, 5% are ok, and 10% are good. I'm really sure Bush won't be in the top 15%, or the other 85% to tell the truth. But i'm still going to download the touch for Guitar Hero world tour, it's free anyway.:lol:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkft38 ... qQ19nnewxw check us out!!!
XBOX LIVE gamertag: DaBeardedXeno
PSN ID: tweco99
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Believe it or not, it's back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x69xUT9qfFE

It'll be on his new album, "Dream the Dream," sans rap and that creepy guitarist.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

praetorian wrote:Believe it or not, it's back:
Oh, I can believe it.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Loving the blatant sound edits (seriously, listen to the music jump every time rap man or guitar solo cut in on the original). Could Mr. Bush not afford a decent sound desk to work his major new album on? Love how NO RAP is in the video title as well, did a falling out happen?

Of course, without the rap and Clive Anderson it basically goes from being amazingly crap to just crap.

And seriously Stan, the second films been out on DVD close to a year now. You could have edited in some non trailer clips, I'm guessing it's not as if you asked for permission for the ones you did grab.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Sades

Post by Sades »

I loved the guitarist, he was awesome.

And the, er... "water" effects.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
inflatable dalek

Someone should start a Facebook campaign to make the RAP version Christmas number 1.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

inflatable dalek wrote:And seriously Stan, the second films been out on DVD close to a year now. You could have edited in some non trailer clips, I'm guessing it's not as if you asked for permission for the ones you did grab.
My guess is Paramount know full well he's violating the copyright on their film, but know if they phone the guy to tell him to knock it off they'll have to put up with a 56-year old man begging them to please, please, please include "The Touch", any version, any version they want on the Return of Jolt soundtrack collection of inoffensive metal songs that may or may not briefly play in the background of a scene as he needs to eat.

The complete lack of self-respect the man has is basically astonishing - I mean, does Chesney Hawkes spend his days trying to pressure people into putting "The One and Only" out again? No, he's gone out and got a ****ing job.
inflatable dalek

Hawkes probably still gets enough royalties every year from radio play to not need much in the way of a full time job.

If I wind up in charge of the next Transformers film my second decision (after casting Kelly Brook) would be to put Hunger or Instruments of Destruction on the soundtrack, just as the ultimate pisstake.
numbat

Post by numbat »

inflatable dalek wrote:If I wind up in charge of the next Transformers film my second decision (after casting Kelly Brook) would be to put Hunger or Instruments of Destruction on the soundtrack, just as the ultimate pisstake.
I so hope you wind up in charge of the next film.

Probably as likely as Stan Bush being involved in any way...

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I'm just not sure why he doesn't just move on and focus on the niche market of aging 80's hair metal fans. His last album wasn't really all that bad, if you ignore the couple of re-recordings of Transformers related songs.

I also have to wonder if it ever turns out that they remake Bloodsport or Kickboxer, will he pull the same shit with his old songs from those movies as well? :lol:
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

Stan Bush: desperate for a soundtrack nod or the greatest movie-verse troll ever?

So he removed the laughable bits, arguably removing any small bit of entertainment. I don't miss the rap guy at all, but it just isn't the same without guitar guy.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

inflatable dalek wrote: Love how NO RAP is in the video title as well, did a falling out happen?
I think it had to do with Stan crashing on Rap-man's couch for too long. Things got a little tense after the third week of Rap-man's asking "So, when are you getting a place of your own?"
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

:lol: And Stan apparently booted to guitarist for his inability to fire lasers.