Transformers: Drift Mini-Series

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

If I can say one positive thing about it, the colouring looks much better then the usual gloomy darks that seem to be used for Milne. Absolutely hate his faces though.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

You can see why it took so long for people to work out he was subbing for Pat, though, can't you?
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

There's got to be some sort of bet going on at IDW to try and do something uglier than Origin hasn't there?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Heinrad wrote:And despite their best efforts, I still want to get the Drift figure. The character might be a royal flaming twit, but the figure itself looks cool.
Congratulations. This is the attitude that dooms us all to inane fiction.

Seriously, I hope the toy turns out to be a badly engineered, cheaply made derivative piece of garbage. Just to spite everybody saying "oh, well it's an awful fanwank character from a shit comic, but it looks badass!"

Oh, who am I kidding. It's a Hasbro car. Of course it will be.

[EDIT] I've just made a point of finding out what the toy looks like. I love being right.
inflatable dalek

The toy looked decent enough IRRC (and no, I can't be arsed to check, go research!), but by far the best thing about him was that the "FIRST EVER TRANSFORMER BASED ON A CHARACTER FROM THE COMICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" lie is rendered even more bollocks by him not even being the only comic based character in the next range of classics. I really hope Straxus/Darkmount gets put out on shelves first out of principle.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Well, King Grimlock gets in there first anyway... Yazz, Yazoo - where's your cut-off point?
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Shane McCarthy comments on his blog:

http://www.smactalk.com.au/?p=201

My favorite line: "Along the way we’ll be introduced to an exciting new angle [read: retcon] to the IDW Transformers universe and learn just what’s up with all of those swords (especially when you could just have a good blaster at your side)."
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

This is something I’ve been working on over the holidays
Well, at least he's not pretending that writing comics is his proper job anymore.

I think many people may be at a loss for words over Alex Milne's art...
softwarecode09
Protoform

Post by softwarecode09 »

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

Bloody topic bumping spamers, I'd completely forgotten about this till now. It's like the comic version of Nick Brendon.

Except he actually has a decent reason for being incoherent gibberish and I'd probably be less embaressed to be seen in public with him.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

And now you've doomed anybody coming to it after I deleted the spam to the same fate.

I deleted the spam. It said so when I did it. The fact it now says that you did it is lies, filthy lies. Which is fitting in a thread about IDW and Drift.
inflatable dalek

Though scarily the spammer seemed more interested in McCarthy's blog than any real person would be. So much for artificial intelligence.
Bluestreak75
Protoform

drift graphic novel

Post by Bluestreak75 »

Amazon has this listed as coming out late this year and before the Ironhide graphic and its crdited to lee ferguson
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Bluestreak75 wrote:Amazon has this listed as coming out late this year and before the Ironhide graphic and its crdited to lee ferguson
Merged with existing thread.

Oh, and Lee Ferguson?
inflatable dalek

The link as originally put on Amazon credited it to Ferguson, though at the time of writing (not sure about when Bluestreak saw it) Milne is the listed co-author with McCarthy on the link in the first page, as per IDW's own announcement.
Bluestreak75
Protoform

Post by Bluestreak75 »

I found the info on the Drift novel on the 14th and was only reporting what I had seen
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Bluestreak75 wrote:Amazon has this listed as coming out late this year and before the Ironhide graphic
Don't pay too much attention to Amazon listings. They require them so far ahead that publishers often haven't finalised details.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

At the moment, I've seen Drift out over here as part of the Generations line and I do plan on getting him, however there is no sign of Straxus/Darkmount. Does anyone have a picture of what Straxus Darkmount looks like?
Destruction is my specialty
inflatable dalek

From an art point of view, it looks as if most of the Ninja Wingers are going to be thin white robots with swords. That's not going to make telling them apart hard now is it?