New toys for 2010/post-movie

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Paul053 wrote:What worries me much are seeing more Bumblebees. What's up with that Bombing Run Battle pack that Grindor is totally out of scale. And then another pack with Rampage and Ravage. Guess Hasbro are really trying to clean those up. BTW, the desert ruins Brawl's color scheme looks terrible.
Bumblebee, along with Prime, is a flagship character that Hasbro and retailers want to be on the shelves at all times.

If it gets us Henkei coneheads, video game toys, a new Seaspray, etc. in the shuffle, so be it.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

http://www.allspark.com/content/view/7592/20/
In a strange move for a Movie based figure, TakaraTomy's just released Autobot Alliance Human Alliance Jazz and Captain Lennox varies from the recently released Hasbro version. The differences are mostly minor, but the most notable differences are Hasbro's has a clear blue visor, clear blue windows, copper/brown hands and joints, and silver around the fog lights, while TakaraTomy's has a brown visor, clear colorless windows, black hands and joints, and black detail around the fog lights. Also Hasbro's Lennox is dressed in light gray to match his outfit at the end of the first film while TakaraTomy's is in dark green seemingly to match the outfit he wore in the second film. TakaraTomy's changes to Jazz try to mimic the movie and realistic Soltice car more while Hasbro's offers some more visual variety than TakaraTomy's.
Clay

Post by Clay »

inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

A Dinobot combiner? The fools, they actually did it! Damn them all to hell!

Grimstone?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

I like the look of the deluxes. Jazz and Scourge especially.
inflatable dalek wrote:A Dinobot combiner? The fools, they actually did it! Damn them all to hell!

Grimstone?
That is pretty funny. Thought they'd learnt their lesson with Dinobot combiner from Energon.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

inflatable dalek wrote:A Dinobot combiner? The fools, they actually did it! Damn them all to hell!

Grimstone?
It's times like these I'm glad that my "Buy all Dinobot toys that are based on the original five and are inorganic" also had the clause "that I don't reckon are rubbish."

Which basically lets me be an obsessive completist without being silly about it.
inflatable dalek

Thunderwing looks a bit cack as well, a shame as I really wanted that one to be good.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Well, guess I have to ask permission to my wallet for getting a Jazz and Grapple figure. :p
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Jazz and Windcharger look amazing. That Legends Megatron look neat as well. That Tracks also look buyable. Grapple's also not bad--love the segmented tow attachment.

The rest? The PCC Dinobots are laughable, Thunderwing is disappointing, Perceptor's arms are too small, while I'm praying that Scourge is mistransformed/misassembled.
inflatable dalek

Blackjack wrote: The rest? The PCC Dinobots are laughable, Thunderwing is disappointing, Perceptor's arms are too small, while I'm praying that Scourge is mistransformed/misassembled.
The way Fracas (assuming that's what it's supposed to be) is stuck to his wing in robot mode doesn't look right at least. I'm not sure about the logic of a bright blue stealth bomber either.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

inflatable dalek wrote:I'm not sure about the logic of a bright blue stealth bomber either.
BLUE IS THE COLOUR OF THE SKY. YOU DON'T GET STEALTHIER THAN THAT.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

inflatable dalek wrote:The way Fracas (assuming that's what it's supposed to be) is stuck to his wing in robot mode doesn't look right at least.
There's a Fracas? -goes back to see pictures-

The shoulders and arms look misassembled/mistransformed at least. It might be a decent figure, but I'll reserve judgment for the figure itself.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Blackjack wrote:There's a Fracas?
There's nearly always a fracas when it comes to who likes/dislikes which new toy! ;)

For my part, Jazz, Grapple & Scourge are must buys, while Tracks & Windcharger will need closer investigation.
Wreck and Rule!
Clay

Post by Clay »

inflatable dalek wrote:The way Fracas (assuming that's what it's supposed to be) is stuck to his wing in robot mode doesn't look right at least. I'm not sure about the logic of a bright blue stealth bomber either.
New Scourge isn't a Targetmaster. No Fracas.
inflatable dalek

Clay wrote:New Scourge isn't a Targetmaster. No Fracas.
That's one bloody hidious looking gun if it doesn't turn into an ickle man. How am I going to act out Dry Run now?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

inflatable dalek wrote:That's one bloody hidious looking gun if it doesn't turn into an ickle man. How am I going to act out Dry Run now?
It's all part of Hasbro's elaborate plan to buy two Cycloni in order to get a second Nightstick.
inflatable dalek

Blackjack wrote:It's all part of Hasbro's elaborate plan to buy two Cycloni in order to get a second Nightstick.

Hah, more fool them as every time I act it out I'd have to buy a new Cyclonus and Nightstick afterwards anyway.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Perceptor is a WHAT? If they can't make a microscope or don't want to, there should be something else better. That made me want to grab the reissue now.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Springer85 wrote:Well, guess I have to ask permission to my wallet for getting a Jazz and Grapple figure. :p
I wholeheartedly agree. I'll probably have to ask my wife too. Might also have to sneak Perceptor in there too, though I'll need to see some clearer shots before pulling the trigger on that one...

But damn am I excited for Grapple!!!! :D
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

New toys are always good, but Jazz? I mean, sur ehe's popular, but have we not had a definitive Jazz yet? I think I'm just sick of him/indifferent to another Jazz. Windcharger looks ok, if a bit generic, Grapple looks the most fun out of all of them for me. Definetly one I'd think about buying.

I don't mind Perceptor's alt mode, looks suitable, changing into a giant microscope was always a bit hammy for a scientist anyway. Perceptor was hard as nails in the US Marvel Comic and his microscope mode was something of a big old cannon wasn't it?

Arms look a bit mis-transformed/short on him though.

I won't lie, that Dinobot monstrosity looks awesome, if I can't have frenzy Rumble's masterpiece then that will have to do!