2010 Seacons reissue a BBTS Exclusive

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

skywarp408 wrote:The people that bought the Holloween one for $160 thru the collectors club must be smaking thier head on the wall after this.
You mean the one that's a different colour, yeh? That's like saying they must've been 'smaking thier head' after buying Clamp Down before TRU reissued Red Alert.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

If they're not already smacking themselves for dropping $160 on the Seacon moulds, they probably aren't going to care about this.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

In fact, I'd guess most who did spaff the money on the Club one have a minty fresh Gen 1 original or two soullessly encased in acrylic... I don't think people buy exclusives for value for money... In fact, what's the going rate for a decent nick original Piranacon?

It can't be particularly less than $160, and probably isn't much of a difference from anyone reissued (Prowl, Soundwave, and Hound leap to mind as guys who were preposterously expensive pre-reissue... though it's amazing how much people are still willing to fork out for pre-rubs, original MIBs and the like... it's always amazed me, because even in the 1980s Transformers packaging was nothing special) before, apart from maybe Stepper and Soundblaster.
skywarp408
Protoform

Post by skywarp408 »

I see some tfcc seacon gifsets going for $200-500 on Ebay. I expect to see more showing up after this reissue. I got the original so what do i care ,lol.;)

Then you got a AFA set going for the low price of $10,000:sick:
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

I just preordered mine.

Never liked the colors but there still better than the club version.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

I have all of the G1 Seacons except Overbite - loose, because I wanted to play with them a bit. What's funny is that a complete Overbite usually hits somewhere around $40-$60 on Ebay as it is.

I suppose its a questionable reissue in its own right, although they've done worse...

When I was a kid and the things were on store shelves, I viewed the Seacons as a waste of time - to me, Predaking was the ultimate combiner and going *back* to the "Scramble City" design type seemed like a throwback to me.
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

As a kid I only had Snaptrap and... and... I forget what the name of the other one... the fish face, that becomes his right arm...

Come to think of it I don't think I had a single complete combiner team as a kid... except Devastator which was an mix up of G1 and 2 Green and yellow figures.

Anyways, when Piranacon arrives he'll be my only "G1" combiner... sans KO's of Defensor and Superion. And RiD Ruination.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Cliffjumper wrote:In fact, I'd guess most who did spaff the money on the Club one have a minty fresh Gen 1 original or two soullessly encased in acrylic... I don't think people buy exclusives for value for money... In fact, what's the going rate for a decent nick original Piranacon?

It can't be particularly less than $160, and probably isn't much of a difference from anyone reissued (Prowl, Soundwave, and Hound leap to mind as guys who were preposterously expensive pre-reissue... though it's amazing how much people are still willing to fork out for pre-rubs, original MIBs and the like... it's always amazed me, because even in the 1980s Transformers packaging was nothing special) before, apart from maybe Stepper and Soundblaster.
Hello! I have just joined your site. I hope you are all well :wave:

I bought the Club Seacons. I like the colours better than the originals (mainly 'cos I can envisage them swimming about in Cybertron's murky waters and looking a bit threatening. That wouldn't really work if you were er, neon pink and green!). I have also played with them loads! Hell, I spent enough on them joining the club for a year so they demand to be played with! And I liked the packaging too!

And...And..1980s Packaging was nothing special?! Those beautiful pieces of character art? The ace freizes on the back of the box? I love them! The only one that was a bit rubbish was Shockwave's. He looks like he's drunkenly staggering and about to poke someone in the neck with his gun arm.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I like the basic graphics, but the boxes themselves reek of cheap American shit - plastic bubbles, thin card. Made to be thrown away. Give me Popy, Takatoku, Clover or Tomy any day. I mean, blister cards. Yuck.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Cliffjumper wrote:I like the basic graphics, but the boxes themselves reek of cheap American shit - plastic bubbles, thin card. Made to be thrown away. Give me Popy, Takatoku, Clover or Tomy any day. I mean, blister cards. Yuck.
:lol:
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

Didn't Nautilator get dropped from the G1 giftset anyway?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

The Reverend wrote:Didn't Nautilator get dropped from the G1 giftset anyway?
Yep. Well, the Hasbro version at any rate. Takara's King Poseidon boxset included all six of them. The BWII God Neptune redeco also excluded Nautilator.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Halfshell wrote:Yep. Well, the Hasbro version at any rate. Takara's King Poseidon boxset included all six of them. The BWII God Neptune redeco also excluded Nautilator.
But, but why? He and Tentakill have the coolest names of the group. :(
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Because you touch yourself at night.
Clay

Post by Clay »

:(
Hasbro

Post by Hasbro »

THE ONE KNOWN AS HALFSHELL SPEAKS THE TRUTH IN THIS MATTER. HOWEVER, NOW THAT OUR WAYS HAVE BEEN REVEALED, WE NEED A NEW FAN TO MONITOR FOR SUCH ACTIONS. THE ONE KNOWN AS MAJU GARZETT WILL COME FORWARD AND SUBMIT HIS ADDRESS FOR OBSERVATION. WE HAVE SPOKEN.
COLLECT THEM ALL! THIS IS NOT A REQUEST!
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Question to folks here who have preordered items from BBTS before, do you get any sort of notification before they charge your credit card? I want to preorder this set, as I have wanted Seacons for a very long time after having my originals from my childhood thrown away, but I'm worried about the cash not being in my account when the buggers actually ship. I've been having a lot of medical problems for the past 3 months and money is really tight right now, and it would suck if BBTS charged me when money wasn't there, because overdraft charges cost like hell with my bank.
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Ackula wrote:Question to folks here who have preordered items from BBTS before, do you get any sort of notification before they charge your credit card? I want to preorder this set, as I have wanted Seacons for a very long time after having my originals from my childhood thrown away, but I'm worried about the cash not being in my account when the buggers actually ship. I've been having a lot of medical problems for the past 3 months and money is really tight right now, and it would suck if BBTS charged me when money wasn't there, because overdraft charges cost like hell with my bank.
I've pre-ordered one thing before, and they only notified me when it shipped.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Ackula wrote:Question to folks here who have preordered items from BBTS before, do you get any sort of notification before they charge your credit card? I want to preorder this set, as I have wanted Seacons for a very long time after having my originals from my childhood thrown away, but I'm worried about the cash not being in my account when the buggers actually ship. I've been having a lot of medical problems for the past 3 months and money is really tight right now, and it would suck if BBTS charged me when money wasn't there, because overdraft charges cost like hell with my bank.
On the checkout page, you can choose "I will select payment method when this item is ready to ship." When they get the item in stock, you'll get an email saying, "Preorder item available - payment due" or something like that. You can also pay them with paypal if you've got one, or a money order. They're really flexible.
skywarp408
Protoform

Post by skywarp408 »

Cliffjumper wrote:I like the basic graphics, but the boxes themselves reek of cheap American shit - plastic bubbles, thin card. Made to be thrown away. Give me Popy, Takatoku, Clover or Tomy any day. I mean, blister cards. Yuck.
Boxes always look better in my opinion too. Anyway... here's my cheap American shit, lol. Top 3 are sealed on card.