Transformers: Dark of the Moon [third movie] toys

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Why do I do it? I think "I'm gonna avoid spoiling the film for myself this time, I want to be surprised like I was when Optimus died". And what do I do? I read a spoiler tag and click on a link five minutes after coming into the site.
SPOILER! (select to read)
I'm undecided about Megatron being a truck. It seems a bi low for him. But it is cool that he's got a proper Earth mode and it seems to imply to me that we'll get a nice big robo e robo showdown between him and the other significant truck.
I like bears.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

HeavyArms wrote:If anyone has a problem with this post, according to the TOS or whatever, you can take it down, no problem.
Hasbro's crackdown on DOTM prototypes/etc. doesn't seem to have lasted long, since they're all over the internet now and not getting pulled down.

Should be OK to post stuff like this again.
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

Warcry wrote:Hasbro's crackdown on DOTM prototypes/etc. doesn't seem to have lasted long, since they're all over the internet now and not getting pulled down.

Should be OK to post stuff like this again.
Good, I'd like to see these prototypes. I'd search for them, but I'm too lazy...
Megatron as a truck sounds fairly interesting.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Possible toy listing:
New toy additions for the Autobots include:

Leader Sentinel Prime
Leader Bumblebee
Voyager Optimus Prime with Trailer
Voyager Ironhide
Deluxe Autobot Ratchet
Deluxe Autobot Skids
Deluxe Sideswipe
Deluxe Roadbuster
Deluxe Sponsor Car 2 (Wrecker)
Deluxe Arcee
Deluxe Air Ride
Deluxe Jolt
Voyager Military Helicopter

And in the Decepticon camp:

Voyager Megatron
Deluxe Starscream
Deluxe Barricade
Deluxe Crankcase
Voyager New Villain
Source
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

OK, not totally clear on the rules here, so if Hasbro makes another 'net sweep and takes these down, I guess that's that. There are tons of toy pics out there; I've seen Optimus, Megatron, Barricade, Bumblebee, Ironhide, Ratchet, Starscream, another Human Alliance, and some legends class toys too.

But this is all new:
It's Shockwave!
http://bbs.actoys.net/read.php?tid-574716.html
numbat

Post by numbat »

Interesting...
Another non-descript Cybertronian tank? That's an original alt mode for a Movieverse villain. Still, robot mode is pretty cool (and remarkably heavily references G1 unlike some other Decepticons)and hopefully requires a fun transformation.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Some new news/rumors:
Possible Ultimate Optimus Prime w/trailer. His trailer will carry weapons and form a power suit. Apparently these will ship two per case, leading to speculation that we're looking at Devastator price point.
Source
Pics of Leader class Bumblebee, Voyager Optimus Prime w/Mech Tech, and Deluxe Starscream.
Source 1
Source 2
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Pics of Ultimate Optimus Prime with transforming trailer. Source.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Well, that answers that - not nearly as good as the ROTF Leader version.
But I guess, given the price point, the cab section and standard Prime is probably smaller than Leader Class, and hopefully easier to transform (for the sake of kids - and their dads!). Really not sure where they're going with the designs - on the one hand we have beardy transformers, and on the other we now have elegant angular mecha that looks like a cross between Anime and Tron Legacy, and would be at home with the Omega Supreme art floating around. I was hoping for some heavily armoured Powermaster Prime upgrade - after all, we did flying armoured Prime last time round. I doubt I'll be tempted to pick that up, unless the film somehow really leaves a mark on me.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Also items on eBay.
glazios

Post by glazios »

praetorian wrote:
Pics of Ultimate Optimus Prime with transforming trailer. Source.
Hmm... I was looking forward to see how this would turn out... So much for great expectations, following the ROTF Leader figure. This looks positively shyte. My Wallet weeps in relief - and in terror at the thought of TF:United and TF:Prime figures to which said savings will be directed.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

Must...own...Ark...toy....

quite surprised that i'm impressed with Megs too

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Prowl1984 wrote:Must...own...Ark...toy....
I second that notion.

From what I've head, however, that it's part of their "Cyberverse" subline, which from what I've read goes back to the old Micromaster play style, namely transforming playsets and little guys that go on/interact with them.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Ark: yes please.
Sentinel Prime: very cool

But I think it's time for me to stop clicking on the News board. No more spoilers for me!
I like bears.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Here are quite some visible spoilers of upcoming toys. These pictures were taken by CollectionDX and they show quite some new stuff.
Among these things is a new Powerglide(unexpected) and a LEADER class Ironhide.
Linky: http://www.collectiondx.com/news_item/2 ... rvel_gijoe

EDIT: there's even more here http://www.seibertron.com/events/galler ... 0&start=50
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

Some cool looking stuff on there, the 'Prime' toys look ace, but I have to admit I'm most exited about the Lego transformers alluded to right at the end of the BBTS article!

Kreons eh? G1 flavoured Lego compatible TF figures and sets? Sold! :)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

ZARANA? CRAZYLEGS?
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Oh ho ho ho!
Roadbuster and Topspin!
:)
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

Topspin looks completely insane. i'm assuming the ridiculously accessorized alt-mode is just for the toy. Megatron's looking awesome though.

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
numbat

Post by numbat »

I am absolutely loving Megatron! I'm concerned a Leader class version is not looking to be on the cards though - it's his best design, for crimeny!

Sentinel Prime also looks really cool - quite different, and if he doesn't just have angular fire engine parts on his back, and behind his legs etc. is a must buy.

I always wanted a Leader Ironhide - pity the actual thing doesn't appear to deliver. Where's the bulk? He's still scrawny, and looks to be less film accurate and with more kibble than the original Voyager figure...

Topspin and Roadbuster look totally mental - can't wait to see them onscreen!

Overall, I'm liking the look. Shame about the massive and tacky Mechtech crap attached to the line. Oh, and that Ultimate Butterfly Prime - what a disaster. They should have quit while they were ahead with Primes...

Also items on eBay.