THIRD PARTY TOYS NEWS

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Size of Menasor is around 11.5 inches, which for us Europeans is a tad short of 30 centimetres tall. He's bigger than Bruticus with the crossfire sets.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
numbat

Post by numbat »

I have no idea how big any other third party combiners are, but 11.5" is certainly a decent size! An inch over recent Leader Class figures.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Clay

Post by Clay »

numbat wrote:I have no idea how big any other third party combiners are, but 11.5" is certainly a decent size! An inch over recent Leader Class figures.
Think shorter than FOC Bruticus, but far thicker and heavier.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Re-watching video reviews of them. One way or another, I'll probably go after them. They look right up my alley in regards to engineering.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Apparently the PE "Fortress Maximus" will still have the tank treads, but what it turns into is... Fort Max's head... plus a weird tank thing that carries a Max-sized cannon...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 014&type=1

http://i.imgur.com/Xv6uEjO.jpg / http://i.imgur.com/Ss76uAz.jpg

There's also another third party head for Bludgeon coming out by them, plus one for Overlord...

https://www.facebook.com/perfecteffect. ... 419&type=3

Happy with the Blood one, personally.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Whoa, that's probably the silliest idea in the whole of humanity.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Wait, what?

That is so random and out of the left field I can't take it seriously.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

I actually quite like him :o
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Clay

Post by Clay »

Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Cheers for the pointer. Don't think they're better than the originals, personally, but it's nice to see that someone's trying -- not very enamoured of the Ramhorn and Steeljaw moulds that KFC have done, either.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Feral Rex pics for anyone who's all-in on the MMC not-Predacons... personally it's Bovis I really liked the look of...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 092&type=1

http://i.imgur.com/Up7JVTV.jpg
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Is it just me or does the head look a bit small on not-Predaking?
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Clay

Post by Clay »

Springer85 wrote:Is it just me or does the head look a bit small on not-Predaking?
A little bit... I'd wager it's because it's incorporated into Razorclaw's body instead of being a separate piece like the original.

Although it does lead to the tangent thought that Transformers, empirically speaking, have tiny heads considering most of them are humanoid in shape.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

This may actually give me the little push I need and purchase at least a few FOC Combaticons
3rd party FOC Onslaught
numbat

Post by numbat »

Knightdramon wrote:This may actually give me the little push I need and purchase at least a few FOC Combaticons
3rd party FOC Onslaught
Don't understand the fuss about this - perfectly happy with the original retail release personally. See little benefit with this 3rd party thing. Incredibly underwhelming.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

I haven't touched the originals; never got them, but by all first-hand accounts and photogalleries, Onslaught/Impactor is an atrocious figure.

Coupled with the fact that this is a sci-fi looking cybertronian-vehicles and whatnot gestalt [lots of ticks there for lots of fans], I can see why this is such a fuss. And that Onslaught does do justice to the cgi model.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

All the FoC Combaticons are pretty bad, by all accounts.

Not entirely sure that stocky thing is better than the official Onslaught. The combined mode is nicer but it looks worse in robot mode so at best I'd call it a wash. Personally I don't see the point in upgrade kits for a toy that most fans don't actually seem to like, especially when Fansproject's Bruticus is still so popular and it's only a matter of time before somebody makes a G1-styled Bruticus from scratch. I guess some folks who really like the FoC style will buy it, but that sounds like a really small niche market even compared to most third-party stuff.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Warcry wrote: it's only a matter of time before somebody makes a G1-styled Bruticus from scratch.
There's already one coming. Realistic-type, based on G1. Appears to be huge as well. Can't seem to locate the thread on tfw2005 right now.

There's another add-on kit for FOC Bruticus up for preorder at BBTS which seemed to be very popular with the fandom interested in it; I suppose the same people interested in an add-on kit for their Bruticus would be interested in a brand new core figure, which is what people were asking for ever since release.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

not Bruticus' head is too small. Or his hands are too big.

Those things look like they're going to be massive. Nice alt modes, robot modes are pretty good, although the limb-bots suffer from odd proportions and i'm not sure about the wispy hands they all have.