2014 Japan-exclusive toys: Masterpiece, Generations, etc

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand

First official pics of G2 Sideswipe and Soundblaster with Ratbat are up on tfsource for now.

No surprises here, glad they went all black on Soundblaster and not hints of blue like the original toy.

Ratbat looks too busy, but the shot is small.

Loving the colours on Sideswipe.

It's official. Just MP figures from me from now on.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

SOUNDBLASTER AND RATBATTTT

We've been joking about it for years, but here it is!
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

I knew they were going to do that. Now to figure out how to acquire a Ratbat without paying out the nose for it.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Me and probably a billion over fans outright predicted it. No joke about it. Ever since that takara designer said they're making ratbat, it was the only place for him.

At this point I think it's better for me to sell my takara soundwave, get hasbro's version and then takara soundblaster.

Or maybe get the four tapes and then Soundblaster? Decisions decisions
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Unicron wrote:I knew they were going to do that. Now to figure out how to acquire a Ratbat without paying out the nose for it.
Well, for starters it'll be bootlegged heavily if a single release or a further tape mould set isn't forthcoming pretty soon.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

So was the Soundblaster/Ratbat thing not announced ages ago? Or was that people talking about their assumptions as if they were fact?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Think there was an announcement a Ratbat design had been produced, and it was taken as a given it'd be the thing to try to sell the SB redeco with.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

inflatable dalek wrote:So was the Soundblaster/Ratbat thing not announced ages ago? Or was that people talking about their assumptions as if they were fact?
There was a translated interview of a fan with a designer on a toy fair show. Really obscure, like blink and miss it, on the tfw2005 forums. The designer said that they have Ratbat planned/designed.

This was around the time the cassette packs were announced. So this left one cassette with Soundwave, four more released as two packs, and Ratbat on his own.

Seeing as nobody believed that takara would invest on other cassettes, and Ratbar would be too cheap to sell on his own, many, myself included, speculated that a Soundblaster repaint partnered with just Ratbat would be the way to go.

Which, apparently, it is. And today, out of the blue, we get official confirmation of it. :wave:

So yes, SB with Ratbat, along with Prowl and his mould mates, make four unique cases in which I was right in my assumptions about takara tomy. :)
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I love G2 Sideswipe and his silly '90s guns. Oddly, with the reverse colours of G1 Sidey, he looks better proportioned and less cluttered in robot mode. Looks like the silly 'Side Swipe' and 'SS' things are stickers too, so you can leave the alt mode looking brutal in plain black. G2 logo on the bonnet looks a bit lost without a white border though.

...and £55 on pre-order from Kapow. Hmm...
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Preorders up at HLJ, amiami and animeexport.

HLJ only has G2 Sideswipe for now.

Also, at ehobby's site there's new product shots for both of them, plus final shots for takara's rhinox and waspinator.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Blast... That's a lot of money for Ratbat, when I really don't care about Soundblaster... But Ratbat does look very nifty...

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

didn't seem worth starting a new thread for this, but the anime version of Encore Devastator is around £52 from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Transformers-En ... k_h_b_cs_1

I didn't know they'd resculpted the faces of the original toys for this.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

If nothing else that increases the chances of Mixmaster actually having a head.

EDIT: Jeeeeez, I hope no one brought reissue Piranacon as a financial investment.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Clay

Post by Clay »

numbat

Post by numbat »

I had thought I wouldn't be picking up Wheeljack, but now I'm not so sure. The prototype looks very nice indeed. Of course, having our baby on March and moving house in January may mean I simply can't get this one past my wife...

Delayed release now though - August is hardly 2nd quarter of the year!

Really want to see Bumblebee...

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Christ that's good... Bumblebee I can actually picture the engineering of because the toy and the animation model have a lot of big similarities in terms of general body shape - add in a slide-out crotch, pimp the articulation, put the show head on, fold those wheels away, should be pretty intuitive if they don't Binaltech the shit out of the thing for the sake of it. Assuming they've got the VW licence (which, as outlined previously, they surely do) I think he's pretty safe; it'll be how much remoulding they're prepared to do for Cliffjumper that's more of a question (though Red, Blue and Smokey all suggest the answer is quite a bit seeing as those figures would all have sold pretty well as straight redecos).

Wheeljack however has his wonderful but weird original toy and really boring sanded down character model with a lot of potential for screwing up inbetween... that looks like a really good blend that takes the detail and kibble of the toy while using the proportions of the character model.

WHEN IS HE OUT?

EDIT: Ooops, August... and he's the next scheduled, yeh? That's cool, actually, might be able to save up funds for MP-10 and Soundwave in the meantime.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Neat. He's up for preorder at anime export.

First actual japanese preorder.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Yep. Pre-ordered.

There has been some talk about the canopy section of the car being a bit manipulated to produce a better robot mode. I am not too keen on the car modes being fudged but its a minor detail.
Come on and wind me up.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

I'm very, very tempted by Wheeljack. He would fill a Wheeljack shaped void on my mixed MP & Alt shelf. But... Is he going to be too small to display with my Alts without looking ridiculous? Not having any of the new car MPs I'm not sure. Can you help? What are your opinions?

Cheers!
Wreck and Rule!