Transformers Generations 'Thrilling 30' Toy News

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Sandstorm looks great to me, and knowing the quality and fun that came with Springer, I'm all in on that one.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

A what seems to be a MTMTE inspired Generations Whirl is in the works! And no, I don't mean the orange one. :D

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

WHIRLLLLLL
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 600&type=1

Hopefully just not great angles...

http://i.imgur.com/je159Jl.jpg

edit: It's mistransformed, see the panel photos at TFW ziggy links to below instead.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Looks like an update of the original toy... i like it!
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Yeah, I thought it was a MTMTE version, but I was wrong :o

In more SDCC related news: Generations Scoop! :D (and Armada Starscream)

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... am-178031/
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Looks more than MTMTEey enough for me, it's not as if the comic design is drastically different from the original.

Plus, with all the cross promotion going on at the moment, that's almost certainly what the comic version will look like by Christmas.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Scoop looks good. But then his original toy was turd, so difficult to go wrong with that one.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Hasbro panel: http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ve-178032/

Tailgate is lovely. Just spot-on. Shrapnel doesn't look too shabby either.

I'd say the panel images give a better idea how Whirl is more or less supposed to look in 'bot mode (i.e. not mis-transformed). But yeah, overall, it's a really nice update of the original. Not at all fussed that it isn't the MTMTE design as previously rumored either. Whirl turned out great.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Generations Scoop looks like a homage to G1 Scoop - awful.

I really want to like Armada Starscream but I just can't. Such a pity as the Armada figure was pretty cool for the time, but it looks far better than that mess.

Whirl... Meh.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Whirl looks just as awkward and ungainly as he's supposed to, in my mind. I like it!

And Scoop! Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd see a new Scoop toy, let alone one that captures the original design in such loving detail and manages to have great modern articulation. The Targetmasters are unsightly (the legs can't possibly just stick out like that, can they?) and the head is the wrong colour, but all in all...all in all I want that toy more than anything in the last half-decade! So much nostalgia...

Armada Starscream, on the other hand...wow. That's pretty weak.

Tailgate is lovely, too. And Shrapnel! Spot on!
numbat

Post by numbat »

Inordinately excited by Legends Tailgate. Shrapnel looks good too.

:)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Inaction Master

Post by Inaction Master »

Oooh Tailgate! My hype is now peaked!

With Scoop and Whirl, can we assume that Springer and Sandstorm this year are signs someone in the department is a major Wreckers fan?
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I hope we get to see some of this stuff in the UK.

Metroplex is marked US only, which is interesting...or is that just the box art..?
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

I've got a lot of time for that Whirl. I can't imagine myself picking up the tango version any more, that's for sure.
I like bears.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... am-178031/

Scoop and an Armada Starscream, plus more Constructabots.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Voyager Whirl is in there too. Don't really care for the design on that one.

Scoop is a weird choice in my opinion. With all the other characters that could have possibly been made, that seems rather obscure.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

...Scoop.

Not only did they dig Scoop out of the back end of G1, but they gave him two Targetmasters that you can combine into one big gun. I did not see that coming.

Whirl? I kinda like him. It looks like his old G1 self, but updated to more modern engineering. I'm not holding my breath on it, but I'm hoping that getting a new Whirl and Scoop might mean, say, a new Roadbuster might be on the way.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Heavily photoshopped versions:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 328&type=3

Tailgate! Missed that before. It's a MTMTE love-fest!

http://www.fullmetalhero.com/content/up ... lery-7233/
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

From the 'fanmade character poll' from some time ago, we've gotten 'Windblade' the female Decepticon Drift samurai apparently. (looks like a retool of the Armada Starcream mold to me. (Also some random Minicon combiner dude)

WHIRL AND SHRAPNEL! These two excite me more than any other toy revealed so far, and I am loving them immensely. Shrapnel's head is a wee bit too small, but hey! (Is that giant gun a transformed Reflector? Whoa!) Whirl looks as awesomely awkward and weird as ever.

Tailgate looks wonderful, although I'm a bit worried about the tiny comic-accurate feet. Scoop looks grand in that he's just a generic-looking Autobot but he's 100% accurate to the original toy and he comes with little guys that turn into guns, hey! Armada Starscream likewise looks great (his jet mode's a bit iffy though), but he'll probably be passed over in the influx of G1 and BW toys.

Nice to see some Beast Wars guys (Wolfang!) getting Constructobots treatment, which, considering the Constructabots' character picking scheme, probably means a toy of them is scheduled sometime down the line.