[Masterpiece #22 announced: Ultra Magnus] / Star Saber wins TakaraTomy poll

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Unicron

[Masterpiece #22 announced: Ultra Magnus] / Star Saber wins TakaraTomy poll

Post by Unicron »

Ultra Magnus
According to BBTS, it's going to be the MP-10 Cab with a new trailer that combines with it.

Gonna have to wait for prototype pics, but it sounds tempting.

Mod edit:

Star Saber won the poll --

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ll-178798/
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Have we seen pics of the ones due before it yet?
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

When Ginrai was up for that fan choice Masterpiece (what won that in the end? Presumably Star Sabre?) I thought that would probably be done in a similar way, so it's not surprising to see the technique put into place for Magnus.

It's nice they're not just painting Prime white (presumably they've figured most of the people who'd go for an expensive high-end Magnus would also pump for the inevitable third party upgrade so they might as well grab that money as well?), but unless it's really amazing just the one MP10 is enough for me.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Oh wow, that's awesome. If it looks any good I might have to get it :D
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Clay

Post by Clay »

Not surprising... it's a common thought that, aside from compacting Convoy down to being more in-scale with the cars, producing a new mold had the advantage of planning for snap-on armor from the start.

This announcement also maps out most of the masterpiece releases for next year, correct? Soundblaster, two smaller releases with Bumblebee and Wheeljack, and a bigger release with Ultra Magnus for the 4th quarter. Wonder if anything else aside from repaints pops up?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

They'd be stupid not to make Bumblebee so that at least the bones of the figure could go towards Cliffjumper (and thus Hubcap), especially if they do have something agreed with VW/Porsche for the shell. Going to be interesting to see if Bee's superdeformed or transforms into something that actually looks like a Beetle. If it's the latter I might have to buy him...
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

I was actually surprised at that - having Prowl/Smokescreen/Bluestreak, Wheeljack, reissue Sideswipe and (ugh) Bumblebee already announced, I was expecting Shockwave or another Decepticon.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

If it properly looks like 'Mags I'm well up for it! It's been a while since we got anything other than a white Prime.
I like bears.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Bought on release, waiting for a HLJ preorder.

Looks like 2014 won't lose momentum to 2013.

Price is surprisingly low considering the original MP10 cost only about 20 USD less at BBTS. I suppose japanese retail will be around 24.000 yen, which with all japanese discounts available will bring the HLJ preorder to around 210 USD before shipping.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Exciting - I look forward to seeing what it actually looks like. I won't drop that kind of money on a G1 art placeholder. (Still waiting to see what MP Bumblebee looks like too...)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

The poll winner was indeed Star Saber. Which will be interesting since we've not yet seen an MP "-Master" of any kind yet. The idea's got potential.

But I'm a little perturbed as to why we haven't seen a Galvatron yet :)
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Technically we've had an MP Targetmaster: US release of MP Hot Rod/Rodimus, but yeah, I keep waiting for a solid new go at a Power or Headmaster.

Now that you mention it, it is a little odd that we haven't seen any indications towards an MP Galvatron. I suppose it's down to lack of re-color potential at the moment. I mean there's what, cartoon and original toy colors as the only real options, outside of some insane blaze orange 'plasma bath' E-Hobby style option, right?
Though I guess if they're really trying for cartoon accuracy on the altmode, they could be running into engineering issues making it work.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Few things/theories on lack of Galvatron thus far...

TT is running two parallel MP lines, the smaller subline [cars and cassetes] and the larger subline [leaders, bigger figures].

The rate of release, so far, has been like 1-2 leaders among a myriad of smaller releases.

Sadly, they're running out of the A-team for popular mainstream leaders, so they're probably stretching it thin as it is.

Since they are trying to pimp out licensed cars, which better leader figure than the one who has an alt mode designed to interact with up to 4 cars?

Galvatron and Megatron v2 will come, no doubt about it.

Star Saber is going to be designed by a different guy as to not step on the mainline's release schedule. This designer is the one that has worked on lots of universe 2.0 toys [RID 2000 Prime, Universe 2 Prowl, Sunstreaker, Inferno].
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

I was a little disappointed we weren't getting God Ginrai... but that would be so damned expensive I'd just have to sit and look at photos of it online :)