Transformer 4 Figures Launch May 12th with a bang!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
numbat

Post by numbat »

I forgot the evil red Bumblebee Stinger fellow. Three named Decepticons - does that mean the rest will be nameless silver dudes again? At least one of the Decepticons is colourful this time - Dark of the Moon lacked much flash in their screen baddies (Shockwave wasn't so purple in the film as he was in the toy if I recall).

I'm figuring the Dinobots will be of dubious allegiance to begin with.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Quite possibly. Furthermore, of those 3, it appears only Lockdown is a pure Cybertronian.

This does trouble me a little bit...6 Autobots, 6 Dinobots...all for a villain who transforms to a car no less? Isn't that a bit...overboard?
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Just bought my first movie 4 toy, the '67 Camaro Bumblebee.

I really like the new packaging.

Oddly, while the '74 Camaro fit the storyline of the '07 movie, the '09-current car that Bee becomes is more of a styling evolution of the first gen '67-'69 cars. I'm glad I can now put a first gen Camaro next to its proper successor.

I'm actually quite thrilled when Transformers goes and does something like use an old car for an alt mode.
Come on and wind me up.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Knightdramon wrote:This does trouble me a little bit...6 Autobots, 6 Dinobots...all for a villain who transforms to a car no less? Isn't that a bit...overboard?
His face does turn into a gun. That's pretty hardcore, even if he is titchy for a lead villain.

;)

There must be way more to it.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Also items on eBay.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Maybe Lockdown is going to be something like his Animated counterpart and some kind of bad ass hunter out to hunt the Dinobots...or mop up the Autobots whom stumble upon the Dinobots and some other hithero undisclosed finding by the US government...!
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Can't really see how badass he can be to go toe to toe/be the final villain in a universe where the heroes have outright killed the big 4 already, plus a god.

It's the equivalent of a G1 episode where the autobots have killed all the decepticons and the main villain is like, Runabout. :lol:
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Knightdramon wrote:Can't really see how badass he can be to go toe to toe/be the final villain in a universe where the heroes have outright killed the big 4 already, plus a god.

It's the equivalent of a G1 episode where the autobots have killed all the decepticons and the main villain is like, Runabout. :lol:
Well, hate to say it be they could always be going for a 'Herald of Unicron with commensurate power boost' thing.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Knightdramon wrote:It's the equivalent of a G1 episode where the autobots have killed all the decepticons and the main villain is like, Runabout. :lol:
At least I know who Runabout is without having to learn via tinternet!

:swirly:

Also items on eBay.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

None of the AoE figures are jumping out for me. I don't mind the dinobots, but their weird color palettes is off-putting. I'll probably pass on pretty much everything, but I hear there's a possibility of G1 redecoed dinobots down the line. That is more interesting to me!

The thing I really haven't liked out of the last few movie figures (and especially in AoE) is the same characters spaced over various different classes. If my wife and kids ever want to pick out something as a gift, there's a high probability I could end up with a sparkabot or one-step changer instead of a deluxe class figure that the collector in me really wants. To me there are just far too many versions of the same characters on the shelf at the same time.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I"m expecting a high Autobot death count, the problem is do they really matter when they're such a bunch of Hi-then-die types?

They could've brought Jolt back. Apart from people like us on TF boards I'm sure no-one else was aware he was even in Revenge of the Fallen. Also, where has Sideswipe gone?
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Picked up the "Evasion Mode" Voyager Optimus Prime last night.

It's a great transformer...the Robot mode is highly poseable, the truck looks good from most angles and the conversion is clever and new.
Come on and wind me up.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Having been under the impression they were all Argos/TRU exclusives I was surprised to see the Tesco I work at has shoved all the Prime: Beast Hunters: Predacons Rising toys no one has been buying (one day they'll be a land fill full of Abominuses. Abomoni?) to one side to make way for a variety of different AoE toys. They're different sizes but all the simpler transformation guys, with 99.999999999999999999999999% of them being Dinobot related.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Asda has the simpler, gimmick -driven toys too. IIRC, tehy've all got massive right fists for comical punching action. They do have the Commander Class Cyberverse scaled versions of Optimus and Grimlock and the 'kid' friendly deluxes, along with Some G1 Legends figures.

TRU have all that plus the stuff most fans will probably be interested in - the 'proper' Generations Deluxe AoE and Argos have the Leader Class figures.

Think thats how its worked
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

After some weeks have passed, can comment on the following;

LDR Class Grimlock--good robot, very bad dino. Was contemplating him by he looks more like a crocodile with big feet than a t-rex. Elongated torso hurts him.

--VYGR Grimlock--other way around. Very nice t-rex, bad robot. Half a dino jaw hanging off his ass is just bad.

--Deluxe Dinos--First three look ok, Slash looks bad. Actually like the first 3 a lot, but it seems they are the only ones in the film along with Grimlock.

--Deluxe cars--All three look great. We know BB has a new version [modern camaro] and will probably stay in black oldie mode for like 20 minutes in the movie. The other 2 are great on screen, not entirely faithful in flesh. I'm afraid of buying either just in case hasbro brings out a more accurate mould half a year later [ala Sidearm Sideswipe, Battle Blades BB etc]. Lockdown is possibly a guaranteed takara purchase straight away.

--VYGR trucks--Evasion Prime will be bought [rusty deco from one UK retailer, price is okay]. Galvatron is cool [I laugh at the truck top folding on itself...seems like a nice f*ck off to complaining fans] but very basic, Hound seems small and "better version coming out a tad later" phobia gets the best of me.

--LDR Prime--seriously tempted to look for a takara version at AA this year. Like the design and basic-ness of the figure a lot.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Have to say I'm really enjoying Takara's AD-01 Leader Prime. The Takara paint job is gorgeous, the mould super-detailed, and he's so fun to pick up and transform. In fact I'm playing with him more a few weeks down the line than when I got him. The truck mode is great too but there is no escaping the fact the robot mode has that back kibble.

Really like Generations Deluxe Crosshairs too - two great modes, interesting robot design, but simple and fun transformation. Classic Bee is cool too, but obviously not so original. Voyager Grimlock is OK, but neither mode is great in my opinion. I have the Hasbro versions of those three.

I have a bunch of Takara versions on order which should arrive between July and August although plan to pick up Hasbrto's new Bee and Drift if they show in TRU.

Also items on eBay.