OFFICIAL TRANSFORMERS TOYS NEWS

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Flashbacks IDW! You don't need to bring them back in the present!
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Clay wrote:Wait, they're deluxes?
Hmm. Hadn't clocked that. Suddenly a much harder sell. Surprised accessories that small would pass inspection too.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Deluxes are the ones that used to be Scouts, right? [/repetitive size class 'humour']
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

I get the feeling that Sentinel is just going to come back, revealled to have never died or something.

Actual toys...are not bad, or bad looking. Galvatron looks properly cool. Rewind looks ok. Don't care much for the two deluxes. Sentinel is a blatant Astrotrain retool but I'll probably go for it.

One of the deluxe shadowed heads looks like Blurr.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Clay wrote:My Crox came in today, I have no regrets. In person, there's nothing that screams "Optimus chest" about it...
Depends on pose -- straight on and with the visor down, the eye's drawn to what's basically the front of a truck (grille, windows) and not much like the original model in terms of layout. The visual doesn't pop as much as figures with brighter colour schemes. He looks much better with the subtle detail of having the red eyes visible, and I think I'm going to cut a transparent logo in half and add to the window. edit: The sword pegs to the nub on his back vertically as well as horizontally, too, which is handy.

What's likely to piss me off most about the Hasbro versions is the build quality -- hollow feeling isn't so much a big detail if it isn't really obvious where the cavities are, like on Galvatron.

Renders here, incidentally;

http://masterforceuk.blogspot.co.uk/201 ... eturn.html

I tend to disagree that this'll have a big impact on 3P releases, and like others appreciate the choice that's on offer.

Going back to Skullcruncher... the robot head looks odd, but he should be cool displayed in alli/croc mode...

http://i.imgur.com/U0ngvpJ.jpg
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh; I largely think both 3P and MP/Generations can co-exist. The former has the sort of built-in fanbase that'll buy the figures anyway; there really are a core of people out there who spend astonishing money on this stuff. There's surprisingly little overlap in a way as there's always going to be some who prefer HasTak's updated design over 3P company's slavish G1 update or vice-versa.

The outright collisions have been rare and in any area of toy collection there's always the chance you're going to buy something only to have a cheaper and/or better version come out and I think a certain number of fans just accept it when this does happen.

Regarding Skullcruncher I think it's more a case of both Classics and 3P having a broadly similar starting point. Both are fishing in a fairly shallow pool of recognisable guys who people will actually be interested in a unique toy of and they're bound to latch on to the same thing sooner or later.

I'd be interested to know what the lead-in for Hasbro is on the actual figure is, e.g. how long it's been since someone went "hey, why not do Skullcruncher?" to the physical toy being shown at toy fairs.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

It is kind of fun how with Sentinel they clearly just grabbed the first of the new Voyager's that came to hand and painted him orange. Astrotrain is really a character that doesn't lend himself well to repaints beyond his two colour schemes, bless.

Maybe they'll get Powermaster Prime out of Blaster?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

inflatable dalek wrote:Maybe they'll get Powermaster Prime out of Blaster?
Last I heard PM Prime is supposed to be a retool of the recent leader Ultra Magnus.

While Blaster's base mode would work for Prime, the rest of it really doesn't
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Cliffjumper wrote:
I'd be interested to know what the lead-in for Hasbro is on the actual figure is, e.g. how long it's been since someone went "hey, why not do Skullcruncher?" to the physical toy being shown at toy fairs.
Used to be 2 years +, in a recent-ish interview hasbro stated that they're shortening that down to just one year.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Interesting to see an official Skullcruncher, but I think Deluxe is too small for a Headmaster, regardless of the fact Brainstorm is a Voyager which introduces scale issues. Is that two 3P versions and an official one now? I find myself leaning towards Toy world Swamped as my favourite, but amn't outright sold on any.

Voyager Galvatron looks like he could be good and usurp Bot on Clench from CHUG Deception leadership (CW Megatron is just too big). But I don't get why he is a Headmaster. If Transformation involves removing the head and keeping it somewhere, I'd struggle to get behind Galvatron.

Sentinel Prime is interesting, but the wings are very Astrotrain. Have we seen the Astrotrain version of the mould? I'm not impressed by the robot mode hands just sitting there in spacecraft mode.

I can definitely live without a Leader Class Blaster - especially as a random Headmaster with a base mode.

Rewind is a must have, though. Any sign if a Chromedome on the horizon?

I am very curious to see the Titans - particularly Fortress Maximus, but also to find out who the others are, how many, and how big. Surely there's not a lucrative mass market for multiple Generations Metroplex sized Transformers in a single year, or even over a couple?

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Clay

Post by Clay »

For Galvatron, they seem to have included a space cruiser mode that has a cockpit for the headmaster to fit in. As for why make him a headmaster? Probably for the same reason as Blaster, and for the same reason as making Prowl, Sunstreaker, Hound, Trailbreaker, etc. combiners when they weren't before. Which is... I dunno, but it's probably the same reason.

I think the headmaster Galvatron looks fair enough, but I do wish that they'd learn to put the excessively hollow parts on the undersides of the arms instead of the sides where it shows so much. I mean, cost cutting and making the parts lighter is fine and all as long as it isn't so obvious at a glance.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

**** YES BABY.

This is what I demanded/asked-nicely-for in that Hasbro survey so you'd all better be nice to me in future because I'm in charge of the franchise now.

I hope he has a little horse accessory.

Shame they've engineered it so the cone is part of his head mould and it looks like he's dropping a spiky turd of doom, but I can cope.
Ryan F

Post by Ryan F »

Better get my skates on and order a Thundercracker then, I suppose. Had been holding off...
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

What were they thinking with that ridiculous face, though?
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Warcry wrote:What were they thinking with that ridiculous face, though?
Hoping it comes with an alternate one, as per previous jets.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Interesting. Takara are really firing ahead with Masterpiece next year!

I guess integrating the conehead into the head, rather than using the jet nosecone, was necessary to hit any sort of cartoon accuracy (imagine the giant witches hat that he would be wearing otherwise, or the super-snub-nose jet you'd get, using MP-11 mould as the base). But that doesn't explain the bizarre face sculpt or spiked bum (hopefully the latter is a result of being slightly mistransformed?). I was worried when I saw the wee null-ray guns in the robot mode picture, but glad to see the giant bombs in jet mode (and slung to his back in robot mode...). But what happens to the null-rays in jet mode?

Just lots of pointless questions though. No chance I'll be buying a fourth-tier character with no emotional attachment at that kind of price-point. Happy for those who do love Ramjet though!

(I'd have an internal struggle if they did a good MP Thrust...)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

So it turns out that eHobby are still a thing and they're still on their fictional character kick.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/10/23/e-ho ... ock-304308
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

So are there any places left still taking preorders on the new RID Grimlock?
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Not as far as I know regarding Grimlock, but he'll show up at places after release. Best bet would be american retailers at this point, or overstock in Japan.

MP Ramjet transforms quite differently after all...nosecone section is more akin to the Classics toy, it looks like it rotates around and just collapses down, with Ramjet's head being part of the actual nosecone [the part just between the opening cockipt and the radar dome on MP11].