OFFICIAL TRANSFORMERS TOYS NEWS

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

some idiot wrote:And Dogfight is uninteresting, but he IS a member of the Lost Light in the comics, so that's how I justify having to get him.
Oh, Transformers fans. This is why you get so many crap toys - because you're stupid and deserve it.

Does Dogfight even do anything in MTMTE? Or is he just one of those poor twats who stands in the background every now and then?
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Primus wept, it doesn't even ****ing look like Dogfight.*

*Unless he's had a serious ****ing make-over for MTMTE.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

If it gets a Western release, he will do.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Nope. Which means you might as well get the G1 figure if the largely random divvying up of background characters between two different IDW titles is something you're actually going to let control your purchases.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Don't get me wrong, BTW. If you like MTMTE getting Skids, Whirl, whichever funny third series Minibot's in vogue, Zapp Brannigan, Briefcase Guy, Ultra Magnus etc. would make for a good shelf, for sure. But spending a ridiculous amount on a Japanese exclusive because Takara have at random slapped the name of a character who appears to have been in a couple of crowd scenes and gets maybe one name call-out is so mental I'm going to have to repeat it with Wiki-emphasis.

Spending a ridiculous amount on a Japanese exclusive because Takara have at random slapped the name of a character who appears to have been in a couple of crowd scenes and gets maybe one name call-out is mental.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

It's a plane. It's blue. They could have decided to call it Tailwind, but fair play to whichever guy in the name-assignation office realised Dogfight had been in MTMTE. Can't really blame Takara for cottoning onto the fact that there's a sale to be made there.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Cliffjumper wrote:Spending a ridiculous amount on a Japanese exclusive because Takara have at random slapped the name of a character who appears to have been in a couple of crowd scenes and gets maybe one name call-out is mental.
You really put too much effort into your posts here, you know that? ;)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Most annoying thing is I was going to use the "collecting Lost Lighters" thing for a WWTF, using G1 Crosshairs as an example once I'd checked if he'd actually done anything in MTMTE and once a bit of time had lapsed after the last MTMTE one because, y'know, it's read largely by touchy maniacs. Once again fandom satirises itself.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

I was going to use it as a hilarious line in my post when MMC Spartan turns up, but now that's not going to happen.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Cliffjumper wrote:Nope. Which means you might as well get the G1 figure if the largely random divvying up of background characters between two different IDW titles is something you're actually going to let control your purchases.
<squints>

From that picture, I think they'd be better off with a Minicon.

How about that? I have a MTMTE Dogfight without even knowing it.

Actually, I didn't know who Dogfight was at all until I looked it up just now.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Clay wrote:Actually, I didn't know who Dogfight was at all until I looked it up just now.
You fail basic Matrix Quest. :(

Dogfight was the one of the Triggerbots who randomly got actual motorisation in his gimmick as opposed to being spring-loaded. Which means that when it stops working it properly stops working.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

And tiny puny guns. What the Hell was that all about, anyway?

"Hey, let's do this clearly defined if somewhat clumsy gimmick for three guys on either side!"
"Yeh, and let's give one on each side a completely different version with basically the same results so they don't even look like a team when they're standing next to each other!"
"Brilliant... now, I reckon what we need is MOAR PRETENDERS. How about a Pretender car?"
"How would that work? We've done cars that turn into robots."
"BUT THIS ONE WOULD BE A PRETENDER."
"Whatever, we sold that Clones shit last year, so I guess anything will sell FOREVER."
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Thinking about it, I now can't help but wonder if Dogfight and Windsweeper had their factions switched at some point.

If so that would mean the three Autobots had spring loaded weapons, with the Decepticons being motorised. Which would make marginally more sense than what we ended up with.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Oooh, might have been, actually - for some reason I misremembered Crankcase as having spring-guns... huh.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Maybe somebody got confused while trying to remember which toys Takara wanted that year.

"Okay this one, this one, this one with different hair colour, this one as a mailaway, this one in a completely different colour scheme, retractable fists on this one... hey Fred, which of these pop-out weapon guys was the Autobot?"
"The plane."
"Oh yeah, obviously... right sorry where was I? This one as a girl..."
numbat

Post by numbat »

Will do. Likewise, Metroplex is my fave citybot, and he does indeed work well with WSTs and Evil Lord. (Indeed, while getting a book from my study to take to work this morning I had a wee play around with Evil Lord, Metroplex and WST Anime Convoy...)

I just always wanted a Fort Max. Then I got old enough and 'rich' enough to consider buying one. And I realised Brave Max was better. But they're both crap. And very expensive.

I like that IDW turned him in to a normal (if on the large side) character, and Perfect Effect Warden is great. But I would go a Metroplex retool with good articulation that could use Warden as a head. I think that would be just awesome-sauce.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Ryan F

Post by Ryan F »

So Takara are repainting legends to look like Battlechargers and Triggerbots? So if Groove becomes Override and Viper is Dogfight, any guesses who could be a Backstreet? As these are Combiner Wars moulds, maybe they'll just ditch Backstreet and replace him with Alpha Bravo (who hasn't yet seen a Japanese release to my knowledge).
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Would be surprised if they got much reuse out of the first design. And even though the pic seen so far seems stretched horizontally, it's going to have to be generally wider in the body or a deluxe sized figure will look wildly out...
I like that IDW turned him in to a normal (if on the large side) character,
They did have lots of precedent to "borrow" from, but definitely agree -- it works better as a name than literal indicator of size.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Tetsuro wrote:So anyone wanna take bets on how long it takes between Shockwave hitting retail and someone recreating That Marvel Comic Cover?
Brendocon 2.0 wrote:Before it hits retail.
Oh hey look, before it hits retail.

https://www.facebook.com/DaimChocReport ... =3&theater
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

DaimChoc's FB page has got lots of pictures going up today from various sources (lots of 3P stuff from a Chinese fair that I'm sure somebody else will collate properly in a bit)

Official-wise, there's what looks to be a Combiner Wars Hot Rod (Blackjack redeco), a G2 redeco of Bruticus and this Titan Wars Powermaster Prime:
https://www.facebook.com/DaimChocReport ... 5152875920