OFFICIAL TRANSFORMERS TOYS NEWS

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Yeah, I don't see much need for that myself. The deco isn't very different, and I don't see too many people buying it just for the mutant head.

Kind of an odd choice, when there's at least a couple other decos they could have gone with that would have been much more distinctive (Burning Convoy, like you say, or Universe Primal). But I'm sure it'll find a market somewhere.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Just realised I typed "deworking" instead of "reworking" but to be honest I like the term so I'm leaving it.
Warcry wrote:But I'm sure it'll find a market somewhere.
Yeah, people buy those BAPE Convoys, so I doubt this'll have any trouble shifting.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

What's a BAPE?

I also whan to know what makes this Convoy Supreme Commander. Which is presumably higher up than the previous release. Does the mutant face have a more commanding presence?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

inflatable dalek wrote:What's a BAPE?
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/A_Bathing_Ape
I also whan to know what makes this Convoy Supreme Commander. Which is presumably higher up than the previous release. Does the mutant face have a more commanding presence?
Well the mutant face looks like BW Inferno so maybe it's royalty?
Clay

Post by Clay »

Having not yet picked MP Primal, I may just wait for this to come out if only for more comparison pictures first.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I think the thing I don't like so much about the MP Primal is how smooth it is. I know its because it takes its cues from the CG model, but it robs the alt mode of the 'realistic animal' look that was the ethos of the line. Hmmm.

TT do the Transmetals, I might be a bit more interested...
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:Especially as I'm not sure even Takara would be cheeky enough to do G2 Inferno in the Masterpiece line...
I'm surprised they didn't just include a big white cannon and some alternate decals for him so you could've turned your G1 Inferno into a G2 Inferno if you were so inclined. They're otherwise pretty much the same, aren't they?
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Yes. The G2 Inferno has a slightly more neon shade of red, but its not that noticeable.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Sky Shadow, Brawn, and red Bumblebee (can't remember the actual name) pictures: http://www.toy-people.com/?p=35396

I know Sky Shadow is obviously going to be Overlord, but I really like him as-is.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Yeah, they really did a great job of capturing a lot of his unique design flairs. The only place where it really looks like Overlord is the base mode. I mean, the split alt-modes makes it pretty obvious, but the jet itself looks so much like the 80s Thunderwing mold that I don't really think "Overlord" at all when I look at it.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

As before I really like the design aesthetic of the line in general -- nice mix of curves and angles, for one thing. Some possible impulse purchases if I see in person. The case assortments are going to make this an awkward filler with online retailers though.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Well there's also the obvious Flywheels redeco.

But I would imagine that the retooling required for Overlord would be quite extensive.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Oooh Skyshadow looks pretty. And Roadburn (Chase) looks tremendous fun - I'd be quite happy if they got some of the other Throttlebots out in this mould (Searchlight would be an easy recolour, for one).
Scotimus Prime
Protoform

Post by Scotimus Prime »

Btw there's a fanfix for Broadsides jet mode
+ some fan has painted the arielbots that come with him
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Trypticon revealed...

And he looks awesome. Now somebody give me $200 so I can afford him.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Pretty cool. There's a fan bash of Omega based on this already as well...

https://i.imgur.com/sFh8bE3.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/n1iMond.jpg
Scotimus Prime
Protoform

Post by Scotimus Prime »

Granted this is for the ap but as you know we'll prob eventually get toys of these...even though we've had Galvatronus(of which this one is mostly made up of vehicons) before as part of Combiner Wars, and Shocknado? almost sounds like Sharknado
http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/02/14/robo ... ers-333381

some unsubstantiated info from 4Chan, btw WHY are they making the Targetmasters SMALLER than TM's? the dinobots thing we kinda sorta knew about already...or at least suspected, i mean it's entirely possible that we could be getting Scorponk next after Trypticon! but we do know that we're getting one....eventually
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:It's only tangentially related to Transformers, but it looks like we're getting a Death's Head II figure in the Hasbro's Marvel Legends 6" range next year.

Probably part of 2017's Guardians of the Galaxy wave. Rumour suggests as the Build-a-Figure, but I'm not convinced on that score.

http://marveltoynews.com/nycc-2016-marv ... aths-head/
Details confirmed at Toy Fair this weekend. Death's Head II is part of the second GotG 2017 Legends wave, and it's NOT the Build-a-Figure because that honour's gone to the movie version of Mantis.

http://marveltoynews.com/toy-fair-marve ... ve-2-2017/
Clay

Post by Clay »

Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Quickswitch looks pretty darn neat but I don't think I want him enough to pay for the other figures in his set. Same goes for Metalhawk and Pounce.

Twin Twist looks great. I'm super excited to get new versions of him and Topspin!

Overlord is glorious! I'm so glad he's got the toy head and not the IDW one, but I know I'm probably in the minority. I'm also amazed by how thorough the retooling is. Practically the whole jet/upper body is different!

Octane and Blitzwing look really good, and a ton different to Prime and Megatron!

Seaspray's nifty.

Cosmos...is he 100% identical to the one from a couple years ago? I've got mine right here and I can't see any deco changes at all.