OFFICIAL TRANSFORMERS TOYS NEWS

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Cliffjumper wrote:Like Hardhead; hopefully he's Leader class so he'll be to scale with my MPs...
Sounds like he and Skullcruncher are Deluxes. For the size I'd say they look pretty good, though in a perfect world I'd rather they be bigger. The Nebulans are liable to be pretty perfunctory, at that size.

While I'm impressed with both of those two, though the bigger toys don't do much for me. Galvatron is too IDW-ized for my tastes and Blaster is a bit too chunky. Not a fan of Blaster's tape-deck mode, either. "Modernized" is all well and good, but those speakers look awful. The base mode is cool, though.

Now go make me a new Squeezeplay, Hasbro! A Scorponok would be nice too!
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

I like how Blaster's alt mode is a club and his head turns into a little DJ.

Yes, that's what I think it transforms into and none of you will be able to convince me otherwise.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

It actually reminds me a whole bunch of PM Prime's base mode, but sure, why not. :)
Clay

Post by Clay »

Warcry wrote:Sounds like he and Skullcruncher are Deluxes. For the size I'd say they look pretty good, though in a perfect world I'd rather they be bigger. The Nebulans are liable to be pretty perfunctory, at that size.
Wait, they're deluxes? Huh... well they look okay at that size, but why make more Headmasters at a size smaller than Brainstorm? And why is there no Legends Kickback shown? Does hasbro have ADD?
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Wow, those Combaticons are... uhm... ridgy.

Big fan of Onslaught. Vortex's colour scheme is a bit iffy. They could have at least given Blast-Off a new head rather than making him look like Slingshot's had a mud bath.

Wacky Revenge of Bruticus fun in giving him a Shockwave gun though. Makes far more sense than "hey, Powerglide is a breastmaster now!"
Clay wrote:More importantly, it matches up with the design idea behind the other Fansproject Headmasters so far that I really, really like: collapsing the cockpit so that the robot doesn't have a big cavity in the chest.
See I've never really liked the conceit that the animal Headmasters have cockpits in the first place. I think it's just me reacting to the lack of in-story explanation for them. It makes sense that there'd be a physical modification made to give them some way of getting around, but it was just never covered in-fiction. We're meant to just accept that these characters already had cockpits before there was any need for them. Ho hum.
What are all the little boblits and whosits around Blaster? New "tapes"?
Rewind and Stripes? They seem to be tape/vehicle triple changer thingers.

But there's also the "Titan" Headmaster figures, who are robots, vehicles and heads. Looks like they'll be sold separately and be compatible with whichever larger figures are about:

http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/10/08/tita ... ges-302639

(Galvatron's Headmaster is a dead ringer for Megatron in robot mode)
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:Makes far more sense than "hey, Powerglide is a breastmaster now!"
That's referencing the rarely seen adult sequel to the "The Girl Who Loved Powerglide", "The Girl Who Powerglide Groped A Bit".
Wreck and Rule!
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Dalek! Stop hacking RnR's account!
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:Dalek! Stop hacking RnR's account!
People do say I have a bit of Dalek in me, but I tell them no, that's just nano technology.
Wreck and Rule!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Rack 'n Ruin wrote:People do say I have a bit of Dalek in me, but I tell them no, that's just nano technology.
Also, my penis.

Selling Headmaster heads separately is a reasonable way of dealing with kids lossing the ones that come with the bigger toys, and there's something strangely appealing about putting Horribull's head on Blaster's body...

But they've done a ****ing Nightbeat head? Really? ****ing Skullcruncher is suddenly so popular he gets a brand new toy whilst actually popular character Nightbeat just gets a head? Why not go the whole hog to piss me off and do a titan sized all new headmaster Scoop just to rub salt in that wound?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

And I just realised that this whole "Titans Return" Headmasters thing was probably what was going on in Heart of Darkness with that completely random "this guy's an ancient Headmaster who's going to have absolutely nothing to do with the story" scene.

FORESHADOWING.

Or coincidence. Probably coincidence. BUT FORESHADOWING.

(I realise that being ~45 issues behind on the fiction leaves me wide open to being completely embarrassed if this is already a thing that's been followed up on, but my considered response to that is **** you)
inflatable dalek

Well, no doubt it will now (though there is already a no doubt soon to be defunct explanation for the Headmaster thing. There's even an attempt to explain Galvatron having fought in the civil war. Barber loves his continuity).

Based on how IDW handled having to bring in lots of combiners, no doubt it will turn out one of the other Prime's possessed The Enigma of Headmastering, that will turn anyone you wave it at into a Headmaster.
Terome

Post by Terome »

Aha! But the Enigma is already a Headmaster thingy. I don't think it's unreasonable to think that Barber is clued into this stuff a year or so in advance. It must take a good while for a toy to go from whiteboard to NYCC reveal.
inflatable dalek

When did it create any headmasters? Combiner Wars isn't very clear so I've likely missed something, but it just seemed to be used for sticking unwilling robots together.

Wait...

Were Grotusque and Mainframe the Headmasters?
Terome

Post by Terome »

They knew what they were doing all along!

There was a neat flashback to Galvatron during his Conan days when he (single-handedly?) kills all the Headmasters because they offend his sensibilities. Then he tracks down their dad, Nexus Prime, blows him to bits and stashes his silly Enigma on Earth because Galvatron just does whatever he likes.

Oh yeah, point is: Headmasters = Crap combiners, now dead. It's quite the pitch.
inflatable dalek

"Buy the exciting stand up comedian Transformer" is certainly looking like a better sales pitch.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

inflatable dalek wrote:When did it create any headmasters? Combiner Wars isn't very clear so I've likely missed something, but it just seemed to be used for sticking unwilling robots together.

Wait...

Were Grotusque and Mainframe the Headmasters?
The old headmasters in IDW were part of Nexus Prime's faction back in Galvatron's wacky barbarian murder phase, so conceivably they're also products of the Enigma.
I would bet the explanation ends up being the Enigma can create all sort of different combiners, but it's only made scramble-style combiners in modern times because that's all anyone has expected it to make. That or Starscream hasn't gotten around to reading the manual and thus hasn't worked out how to use the -master settings.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Or Hardhead, who is both dead hard and, well, plain old dead.

Disclaimer: I will be buying the comedian and the green corpse regardless. Now please reveal a brown and cream mind fiddler...
Wreck and Rule!
inflatable dalek

I'd totally forgotten what Conan Galvatron was actually trying to do.

Ideally the comics would just ignore the gimmick and just write the characters into the stories as is. Though as they'll inevitably be toy pack ins I suppose that's never going to be a goer for at least a good chunk of them.

Either way we could end up with Horri-bull coming back as a disembodied head. Needlenose could carry him about in a homage to Decap-Attack from Sonic the Comic.
Terome

Post by Terome »

inflatable dalek wrote:"Buy the exciting stand up comedian Transformer" is certainly looking like a better sales pitch.
I'm with RnR. That is an excellent pitch.

I guess we'll see how high IDW will jump when it comes to Galvatron, Hardhead et al. I guess we know why Fort Max has popped over from Luna-1 now. Looks like there's a cover or something of Sentinel 'Astrotrain' Prime - can't see how he'd fit into anything sensibly.
Decap-Attack from Sonic the Comic
I'd buy a Kitchling-styled Decap and Head in a heartbeat.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Rack 'n Ruin wrote:Or Hardhead, who is both dead hard and, well, plain old dead.
Hahahaha, there is no dead in IDW comics. You wait until Hasbro latch on to Ironfist for a cheap retool and John Barber curls a great big steaming shit into your head.