Fortress Maximus Cancelled!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
Three things:

1. I'm not an idiot. I just don't like to be lied to or otherwise f***ed around with. That is exactly what they're doing with the Fort Max deal. If they're not lying about the actual release, then they're lying about why it's delayed.

2. They aren't gonna cancel the series because I want something they don't make. They'll most likely ignore me being the big, faceless, corporate b*stards they are.

3. They don't care about you. Why defend them? It's gonna be idiots (if you wanna use that term, I will too) like you that allow them to step all over you.

Furthermore, I'd rather have Fort Max than all the repaints they put out that weren't in the show.

-1. If Hasbro lied that much, then it would result into nasty PR. Sometimes fans need to cut a company some slack when they have to cancel a product that was promised. They most likely laid out a plan to release the toy, but it just fell apart due to some sort of circumstance(s).

Some that I thought of:

1). Fort Max was promised months ago amid hope that the economy would rebound a bit by now, but obvisiously this has yet to happen. The cost to produce the toy and projected sales would probably not be profitable to sustain the release.

2.) RiD Toy Line is dead. In my opinion, retailers follow trends a lot more than people. Toys R Us is probably thinking, "well, RID is dead, so the sales will probably suck...don't buy (or not a lot)!" Tag this on to #1, and you can see that Toys R Us can be blamed as well.

3.) No advertisment. RiD is soooooo dead. TV networks probably won't bother airin' for awhile, so you can probably put the blame on TV stations too. Tag #1 and #2.

Hasbro might be the least to blame in the situtation.

-2. If you send them a really poor piece of hatemail, then your bound to be ignored because the value of reading costs more than throwing it in the trash. I've written displeasure letters to companies and have always recieved a response. It comes down to your pitch if you wish to be heard.

-3. Hasbro wouldn't continue to exist if they did not value their consumers. Considering that they have been around for 30 some years shows some sort of dedication to consumers, IMO. Bashing them serves no purpose, either. Try writing your displeasure in a clear manner, making a online petition with your displeasure or a large scale writing campaign to them. Consumers make the US market move, don't think for a second that you are powerless.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Jim
-2.) RiD Toy Line is dead.

Then sell it as an Armada toy.
MaGilicuti
Protoform

Post by MaGilicuti »

excuse for not being sure exactly what you guys are talking about. ( i don't have inside connections and all that) but are you talking about the original fort max from gen 1 being released? i mean i remember buying it as a kid and it was alittle over $100. with ultra magnus and optimus at $40 reissued this fort max is gonna be more then the original
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

Does anyone know where I can order the Takara re-issue?
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I don't think there is a Takara reissue... if you mean Brave Max, he's pretty rare now.
Originally posted by Bombshell
Then sell it as an Armada toy.
Why? It's a ****, expensive toy which would have nothing to do with the series. Non-show extras along the lines of Stormjet are fine, as they're small, cheap and easy to make. Max is seemingly none of these, and as I've said 4,000,000 times before would only sell to a core group of fans. C'Mon, out of, say, 80 odd regulars to this place, how many are going [as in will; not 'if i can afford it' or 'I'd like one but I live in the South Pole', are actually going to buy one]. I'd bet it's no more than 20. That's a quarter of some pretty committed fans.

No, we've been down this road before and I don't have the patience. Hasbro should say "**** you" to the likes of PP and Dumbshell, and there should be no more Transformers ever. It's what you ****ers deserve. I've had to have this poisonous **** pumped into every forum of this board for about a year, and it's wearing pretty ****ing thin. Not to mention, when you do get your RiD Fort Maxes you'll all be posting long ****ing rants about how Hasbro ****ed it up, how much it cost because of the shipping etc. I'd love it if it's released as a limited edition, scalpers buy the lot and you all get shafted on eBay, you whingeing worms.
MaGilicuti
Protoform

Post by MaGilicuti »

i have to agree with quicksilver on this, brings up all valid points. most of them right on point
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by Quicksilver
C'Mon, out of, say, 80 odd regulars to this place, how many are going [as in will; not 'if i can afford it' or 'I'd like one but I live in the South Pole', are actually going to buy one]. I'd bet it's no more than 20. That's a quarter of some pretty committed fans.
OK, take those 80 and subtract the ones with the economic/geographical restrictions. How many are left? 20 out of 80 looks pretty bad until you realize that a good fraction of those 80 aren't eligible in the first place.

It's much more accurate to compare those that can buy it to those that will buy it.
No, we've been down this road before and I don't have the patience. Hasbro should say "**** you" to the likes of PP and Dumbshell, and there should be no more Transformers ever. It's what you ****ers deserve.
Fine, let them cancel it because we want something. It will be a stupid move on their part. Takara will still be making them. I say f*ck Hasbro! I only buy from them because they are convenient. Takara isn't afraid to please its fans. If Hasbro goes, I get them imported from Takara.
Not to mention, when you do get your RiD Fort Maxes you'll all be posting long ****ing rants about how Hasbro ****ed it up, how much it cost because of the shipping etc. I'd love it if it's released as a limited edition, scalpers buy the lot and you all get shafted on eBay, you whingeing worms.
Actually, there's pre-orders, so I know exactly how much it will be, and I'm guaranteed one. Bottom line, I go to the FTC (the Federal Trade Commission dictates that they have to sell you something at the price that they advertise it at, and if two prices conflict, they're supposed to give it to you for the lower price) if they break the agreement.

If they manipulate the mold, then it should only be minor changes, like blunting sharp points.

EDIT: If you don't like our complaints, don't read them. If I ever get Ft Max, I'm going to have a post about it, feel free not to read it if what I say bothers you.
MaGilicuti
Protoform

Post by MaGilicuti »

Fine, let them cancel it because we want something. It will be a stupid move on their part. Takara will still be making them. I say f*ck Hasbro! I only buy from them because they are convenient. Takara isn't afraid to please its fans. If Hasbro goes, I get them imported from Takara.

I don't think many ppl are interested in the Fort Max in general otherwise why not put out the product. Just because we are interested doesn't mean they have a profitable product.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I'm just saying that I think it would be stupid of them to cancel a line of toys because a few fans like me turn up the heat, hoping that they'll give into our demands.
ProckoZero
Protoform

Post by ProckoZero »

Well this really steams my ham. I held off when I coulda picked up a Brave Maximus on EvilBay for 125....now they're topping 200 bucks, and Hasbro bails out. GAH! :mad:

"Someone may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
1SoundWave1
Protoform

Post by 1SoundWave1 »

I had to buy mine off eBay actually I bought it the day I posted this thread I was pretty pissed paying that extra 100 dollars but what can you do
MaGilicuti
Protoform

Post by MaGilicuti »

I'm just saying that I think it would be stupid of them to cancel a line of toys because a few fans like me turn up the heat, hoping that they'll give into our demands.

if there are only a handful of ppl that want them and are willing to pay for them its not really profitable for them to put it out. they've been around for some time now, i'm sure they know what they are doing
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I'm saying it would be stupid of them to cancel the entire line, including profitable transformers. Not just the one that I want.