Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

Definitely looking forward to the release this Tuesday here in the states.

http://www.warnervideo.com/supermanbatmandvd/

I wonder how close it'll tie in with the comic.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I don't know how close it is to the comic but the film itself is rubbish. Despite the short running time there's a huge amount of padding with endless Batman/Superman fights against characters who have nothing to do with the plot.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

I actually enjoyed this. It was fun. I don't remember the comics that well, but I thought this film was good. So there!
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

inflatable dalek wrote:I don't know how close it is to the comic but the film itself is rubbish. Despite the short running time there's a huge amount of padding with endless Batman/Superman fights against characters who have nothing to do with the plot.
Sounds pretty much like the comic, then.

Jeph Loeb should've retired after "Dark Victory". His output since had just been embarassing...
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Almost out already?! Felt like an eternity waiting for GL: First Flight.

I enjoyed the story, and it gave me an appreciation for Captain Atom so I definitely can't wait for this one.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

DrSpengler wrote:Sounds pretty much like the comic, then.

Jeph Loeb should've retired after "Dark Victory". His output since had just been embarassing...
What has he done that's been so bad?
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Neuronutter wrote:What has he done that's been so bad?
Ultimates v3
Ulimatum
Hulk (the present series, not his Tim Sale work)
Onslaught Reborn
Alot of the Superman/Batman issues he worked on.

Thats off the top of my head, and they all rate as some of the worst comics I've ever ever ever read (bar the Superman/Batman stuff, id probs jus list alot of that as being bad)
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Yeah, that about covers it. His work on Marvel's Ultimate universe has been a nightmare and all that Red Hulk nonsense is just fundamentally bad writing.

Batman/Superman was stupid. I wouldn't rank it as an atrocity, but those stories were either tremendously mediocre or just plain bad.

Batman: Hush was probably the last decent thing he did, but it was still sub average and a part of me thinks that I wouldn't even call it that if it hadn't been accompanied by uber purdy Jim Lee art.

A real shame, too. Haunted Knight, The Long Halloween and Dark Victory are some DAMN good comics and some of the best Batman stories I've ever read. It's like they were written by a completely different Jeph Loeb.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

inflatable dalek wrote:I don't know how close it is to the comic but the film itself is rubbish. Despite the short running time there's a huge amount of padding with endless Batman/Superman fights against characters who have nothing to do with the plot.
That sounds accurate to the comic.

MOAR DELICIOUSLY SEXY KEVIN CONROY VOICE!
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

CounterPunch wrote:Ultimates v3
Ulimatum
Hulk (the present series, not his Tim Sale work)
Onslaught Reborn
Alot of the Superman/Batman issues he worked on.

Thats off the top of my head, and they all rate as some of the worst comics I've ever ever ever read (bar the Superman/Batman stuff, id probs jus list alot of that as being bad)
I've heard terrible things about Ultimates V3. Think I read V1 and enjoyed it but not sure. As for the animated film there's a good review up on IGN.

http://uk.dvd.ign.com/articles/102/1028229p1.html