Advice on Star Wars Comics

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Advice on Star Wars Comics

Post by Neuronutter »

Hey everyone,

I've recently decided to give some of the numerous Star Wars comic lines a go having ended several other long runs and I thought I'd seek some advice regarding which series are any good and worth reading.

So, I'm reading Legacy by John Ostrander and am loving it. It's an excellent series that I wish had continued for longer but I'm not done yet though so I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

I tried reading Dark Empire and couldn't get past the awful dialogue so I won't be reading that. I'm also trying Rebellion, which seems ok but not great.

Other series I've heard are good include Tales of the Jedi and Knights of the Old Republic. Can anyone offer any advice on which other series are good and which ones should be avoided?

Cheers guys.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

The Marvel stuff is good cheerful fun from a world where Jabba the Hutt is a walrus man and Luke's dad and Darth Vadar hang out together. If you enjoy the Budiansky TF stuff it's very much in the same vein.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
relak
Protoform

Post by relak »

Dark empire is more known for its moody and atmospheric artwork than its dialogue.

The tales of the Jedi books aren't too bad. Blends sci if and fantasy quite nicely as well as giving a appropriately archaic look to a star wars universe 2000 years ago. Unlike the old republic games. They are split into bite sized arcs so IMO are easier to follow.

Rebellion, empire etc are ok if you prefer a anthology of short stories.
burningmosh
Protoform

Post by burningmosh »

As far as I know, X-Men are a superhero team of mutants that were founded by fellow mutant Professor Charles Xavier. They are individuals too born with super powers. The comics have been adapted into other media such as animated television series, video games, and a commercially successful series of films.
oneagainstall
Protoform

Post by oneagainstall »

What's about Vader Down?