Best animation in TFG1 ever?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Reverend Shrapnel

Best animation in TFG1 ever?

Post by Reverend Shrapnel »

Curious as to your prefference. Mine is the Devastator transforming in TF:TM. Now THERE'S quality animation...mmm...

------------------

Ladies and Gentlemen...Shrapnel has just left the thread.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Either Prime's charge in TF:TM, or the little sequence where the Dinos jump out of the shuttle and fly towards the city... Also some of the profile shots in "Auto Beserk" are really neat, and I've always liked Devastator's first forming in "The Master Builders"...

------------------

Please visit my site, The Transformers Database and visit the totally alive, kicking and far-out Message Board!

"Another day out with the boys - just me, Chaos and Mayhem - I love this job!"
"I'm Godzilla, you're Tokyo!"
"Your Brawn is Dead/And No One Cares!
If there is a Hell/I'll see you there!"
"What am I, an idiot magnet?"
"Just remember kid, I'm not teachin' you this so you can go out an' kill people - I'm teaching you this to keep ya alive."
Walk a mile in my shoes, then criticise the way I am.
Archangel
Protoform

Post by Archangel »

I'd have to agree with the TF:TM - Prime's one-man assault after coming out of the shuttle.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

...one-manned mainly 'cos Sunstreaker and Hound only turned up to throw Transforemr fans discussing the movie 15 years later...

------------------

Please visit my site, The Transformers Database and visit the totally alive, kicking and far-out Message Board!

"Another day out with the boys - just me, Chaos and Mayhem - I love this job!"
"I'm Godzilla, you're Tokyo!"
"Your Brawn is Dead/And No One Cares!
If there is a Hell/I'll see you there!"
"What am I, an idiot magnet?"
"Just remember kid, I'm not teachin' you this so you can go out an' kill people - I'm teaching you this to keep ya alive."
Walk a mile in my shoes, then criticise the way I am.
Sheba
Protoform

Post by Sheba »

Megatron Transforming in TF:TM (Shuttle Scene)
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Over all, I'd have to say that the best animation definitely comes from the movie because they probably figured that they should put effort into it so that it would make it to the theatres. I just love the angles and shadowing in the scene where Optimus is talking to Megatron before they fight, and the unleashing of the matrix inside of Unicron.

------------------
They were the dream.
Mechanical beings able to transform their bodies into vehicles, machinery and weapons;
a last line of defense against the CHAOS-BRINGER,

UNICRON. Image

[This message has been edited by PaladinPrime (edited 11-22-2001).]
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

I also loved the Devestator merge from TF:TM. I really liked the shot during the Optimus/Megatron fight when Megatron jumps into the air and Prime punches him. The scene where Galvatron blasts Starscream is also nice.
Metroplex vs. Trypticon from "The Ultimate Weapon" and a lot of the scenes on Charr from TRoOP were also done nicely.

------------------
Please visit theTF Mausoleum
"Nobody kills Kakarot while I'm around. Destiny has reserved that pleasure for me!" -Vegita, Android Saga.
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

I'm gonna hop on the bandwagon and say the movie, by and large. Be it the Devastator merge, Optimus' charge, or Hot Rod's transformation into Rodimus, the movie was by far the best. Next to it, I'd say the Devastator-Dinobot battle in Heavy Metal War was also quite awesome.

R.

------------------

"I will rule the universe, even if I am the only one LEFT in the universe!"--Starscream
http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/transformerstng --The ultimate in TF gaming.
"Do not talk smack to the dragon."--Ancient Gibsonian proverb
-------------------------
If you enjoy torture racks, iron maidens, chain saws, and lots of pain, be sure to stop by RCOSD and Redstreak's basement in the TF Archive building.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Agreed, almost. I thought the Dinobots' rampage on the Constructicons before their merging was done just a tad more nicely than the Devastator-Dinobot fight.
Anyway, there were a bunch that go overlooked. Megatron's drunken assault in Microbots, particularly when taking out Cliffjumper and company. The dropping of the Seekers' bombs in Fire In The Sky. And when Sideswipe gets zapped in SOS Dinobots. Oh yes, and the entire Cybertron bit in The Ultimate Doom.

------------------
"Luckily, I'm immune to idiots." - Wes Holevinski
Sig presented by Skywarp the Omnificent of The TF Mausoleum
Weirdwolf and Monzo

Post by Weirdwolf and Monzo »

Anything in 'Carnage in C Minor"! LOL

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.wildcatblue.com/users/ukcats" TARGET=_blank> Visit the Transformers
Homage Homepage--Now with
a Message Board!</A>
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Brawn in Tf:Tm. Albeit he died mighty fast after getting out of that chair but that was one of the nicest drawn guys I have ever seen. Also prime taking out 8 decepticons was cool. I say those shots are what put an end to thundercracker and kickback.

------------------
Optimus Prime do you read me the decepticons are blitzing autobot city were really taking a pounding don't know how much longer we can hold out-Blaster TFTM
ThunderCracker84

Post by ThunderCracker84 »

The attacking of the shuttle and autobot city in the movie were good, but my fav was Unicron transforming. It was how to say amazing

------------------
------------------
DA BEARS will go on to win da Superbowl 'dis year
------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy--okay, give me the bomb." -Ultra Magnus
Prowel
Protoform

Post by Prowel »

Well i would agree that TF:TM had the best animation. The Megatron Prime battle was great but I think Megatrons transformation into Galvatron was the best. Although I agree that the movie was the best it was supposed to be it only took them 2 years. If you are looking at the series I think you have to look at the scenes in Fire on the Mountain when Soundwave is shooting Megatron and Insectacon Syndrome whe Shrapvel is shooting lightning at the Autobots

------------------
Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better.
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

Originally posted by ThunderCracker84:
The attacking of the shuttle and autobot city in the movie were good, but my fav was Unicron transforming. It was how to say amazing

Oh, the intricacy involved! I remember watching that when I finally got hold of the movie again(it had been 10 years since I'd seen it til I tracked a copy down), and just being enthralled by the sheer quality and detail of that sequence.
Course I also got chills when I watched the credits that first time after 10 years. I didn't know who they were when I was 9...

R>

------------------

"I will rule the universe, even if I am the only one LEFT in the universe!"--Starscream
http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/transformerstng --The ultimate in TF gaming.
"Do not talk smack to the dragon."--Ancient Gibsonian proverb
-------------------------
If you enjoy torture racks, iron maidens, chain saws, and lots of pain, be sure to stop by RCOSD and Redstreak's basement in the TF Archive building.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Call Of The Primitive had some great animation. I really like the shot of Unicron in that ep. Really Cool! Image

------------------
Bombshell: Da Man since 1984.
Located on the fifth floor of the TF Archive building.

----------------
Both sigs made by Skywarp, sig master.
The Insecticon Hive
Bombshell Trivia winners: Getaway, Commander Shockwaeve (x2), Brendocon (x8), Starscreamsghost, Unicron(x2), Kickback (x4), Blitzwing (x7) Optimal Rattrap, Cliffjumper (x2), Philcom, Silly Cow, Capt, Ultra Magnus (x2).
Read The Transformers: The Movie 2: Battle Drive Script, written by the very nutty S-Ghost.
Mook List: Lord Sixshot, Saysadie, RCOSD, Felafel, Mookback, Brendocon, S-Ghost, Galvatron91, Sheba, YTV, Fox Kids.
The Insecticon Mission: To be as big a nuisance as possible, while still remaining too useful to squish!
Quote taken from In Spcae, No One Can Hear You Starscream!
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

I'd have to say when Megatron fired on the cliff, where Hot Rod and Daniel were on TF:TM. Right before he fired, Starscream transformed too. Now THAT was some tight animation!

------------------
Megatron will always rule!
telemosquito
Protoform

Post by telemosquito »

I agree that "Auto Beserk" had pretty good animation for G1.

------------------

[This message has been edited by telemosquito (edited 12-18-2001).]
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Prowl isn't dead. He rolled over after getting shot in the movie, as did brawn and ratchet. THEY MOVED I TELL YOU THEY MOVED.

------------------
Optimus Prime do you read me the decepticons are blitzing autobot city were really taking a pounding don't know how much longer we can hold out-Blaster TFTM

[This message has been edited by Blaster_86 (edited 11-25-2001).]
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

Good list, Flec. More overlooked great moments of animation:

*Fake Optimus vs. Fake Starscream in "A Prime Problem"
*Bumblebee's escape in "Transport to Oblivion"
*Swindle vs. First Aid in "The Ultimate Weapon"
*The Autobots in the shuttle in "Megatron's Master Plan"

------------------
"A stiff breeze! S-Ghost, take the Matrix! I quit!"
Starscreamsghost: Better Than You Since 1981.
Commander Shockwaeve
Protoform

Post by Commander Shockwaeve »

-In TF:TM: Daniel jetboarding, Hot Rod catching him and transforming
-Skyfire blasting con jets on Cybertron in The Ultimate Doom
-Devastators first assembly in HMW
-Shockwave vs Brawn & co. in The Ultimate Doom

------------------