Odd things seen in the background

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by thunderwarp
If hound is helping kup (which i cant c on the film), then how come he is with prime when they get of the shuttle??

and as 4 the grapple or wreck gar things??? where on hell could they b next to the orange metal on the left, or the orange metal or the right?????????

i can only c one autobot behind percepter and im not sure who that is, but if u pause it when the autobot runs past the sreen, it looks likes swoops legs??? (as said before) very strange indeed

U can c wot? I dunno wot u mean cuz I cant understand u...
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Its possible that Hound raced up the shuttle as it landed to greet Prime and the others. At that point we the audience see him standing alongside Sunstreaker in the background whilst Prime does his "Megatron must be stopped.... no matter the cost" bit.

Prime and the boys probably need a bit of ground intelligence to inform them what was going on where, and it is Hound's job as a scout to pass on such information.

Ron Friedman's original script of the Movie has Hound most definitely as part of the construction crew that Kup was directing along with Huffer and Bluestreak. Check out this excerpt:

Kup and the Autobot Construction Crew watch Hot Rod shooting
at the shuttle.

KUP: "What's that darn fool doing"?

Hound looks up and points.

HOUND: "Decepticons"!

ANGLE ON THE SHUTTLE

Suddenly it cracks open, and Decepticons shoot out of the
wreckage like toys from a pinata.

Also, and on an unrelated note, the original script describes Brawn as being cut in half by Megatron's gun. So he was intended to be killed, an ex-Brawn, a late parrot.

Although by the same token, Kup was torn in half by that Squid thing on the Quintesson planet and he survived. I guess the difference is that nobody had the time to go and fix Brawn. But honestly, four million years of battle and he deceides the best way to combat Megatron and his warriors is to run straight at them unarmed. What a ****.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Auntie Slag
Its possible that Hound raced up the shuttle as it landed to greet Prime and the others. At that point we the audience see him standing alongside Sunstreaker in the background whilst Prime does his "Megatron must be stopped.... no matter the cost" bit.

Prime and the boys probably need a bit of ground intelligence to inform them what was going on where, and it is Hound's job as a scout to pass on such information.

Christ... an actually plausible explanation for a TF:TM animation error... some sort of first?

And maybe Kup had ball-joints?

Oh, and Windy, is that you?
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Oh, and Windy, is that you?

Jahwol, mein furhrer.:smokin:
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Here's a hint!

Ka-Boom!
Skywarp18
Protoform

Post by Skywarp18 »

How about this for the Whole Sunstreaker-Hound Shuttle thing

Once Kup sees hot rod firing on the shuttle and the Decepticons fly out kup tells the others to go back to the city and warn Magnus while he goes and helps out hotrod

when bluestreak hound huffer and sunstreaker get back to the city magnus tells hound and sunstreaker to go to the moonbase to get prime in case the communications get jammed

*and by the way if you watch real closely when the city is transforming you can see bluestreak running inside just before a door slams shut*
Strike when the enemy isnt looking.
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Originally posted by Skywarp18
How about this for the Whole Sunstreaker-Hound Shuttle thing

Once Kup sees hot rod firing on the shuttle and the Decepticons fly out kup tells the others to go back to the city and warn Magnus while he goes and helps out hotrod

when bluestreak hound huffer and sunstreaker get back to the city magnus tells hound and sunstreaker to go to the moonbase to get prime in case the communications get jammed

What? in the space of a few minutes? Ironhide, Prowl and Co. travelled from the moonbase in a massive shuttlecraft. The implication must be that Cybertron is more than a few thousand miles away from Earth. The kind of instantaneous travel you mention could only be possible via the Decepticon's space bridge, and there's nothing to suggest that exists in 2005. Certainly no-one was using it in the movie, or in any of the third series that followed. If it was operational, Megatron wouldn't bother hijacking Autobot shuttles in the cold depths of space. He would simply amass an entire fighting force a few guys at a time by sending them through the space bridge armed to the teeth.

If Cybertron was as close to Earth as would be required for Hound and Sunstreaker to nip up and warn Prime in such a short timescale, they may as well just look up and shout.

In your defence, there's no definite time frame to say how long the assault on Autobot city lasted. We get that one sequence showing the trench war (where Swoop's leg passes by close to the camera), and we see the sun setting. Perhaps a day of battle then? Or was it just the heat and light of a million missiles and lasers lighting up the sky over the space of an hour?

There's also no explanation for where this massive horde of Decepticons came from in order to attack Autobot city. When Megatron attacks Prowl and Ironhides shuttle in space, we know that behind him are the seekers, Soundwave and the Constructicons. Hardly the entire Con force, must be about 11 guys in total. And yet on Earth we have the second generation of seekers, the Insecticons, the triple changers etc.
Maybe all these guys ripped open another hole in the shuttle and remained in the back while Megs had his fun.

I just think its a bit of a long shot re: your explanation of Hound & Sunstreaker on Prime's ship. Its not impossible though.
Skywarp18
Protoform

Post by Skywarp18 »

Actually if you look in the background of a couple of scenes during the first fight you see the blue 2nd gen jet (for some reason i cant remember his name) and soundwave floating in space outside the hole i think they were just waiting for megatron starscream and the construticons to get the job done BTW Shrapnel takes the chair brawn was sitting in

something else i noticed what is up with thundercracker starscream and skywarp showing up after their "deaths" if u dont know what im talking about if u freeze frame certain scenes of the cons fighting unicron you can clearly see all three of them fighting
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Your mom.:laugh:
Skywarp18
Protoform

Post by Skywarp18 »

Fool Dont Be dissin Skywarps momma!!!!!!
thunderwarp
Protoform

Post by thunderwarp »

something else i noticed what is up with thundercracker starscream and skywarp showing up after their "deaths" if u dont know what im talking about if u freeze frame certain scenes of the cons fighting unicron you can clearly see all three of them fighting

I also noticed this, very strange.

also summit i wanted to no, does anyone no exactly how wheeljack and windcharger died, coz i neva new
Open, Dam it Open. Prime, you said the matrix would light our darkest hour!!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Wouldn't it make infinitly more sense for Sunstreaker and Hound to reinforce Earth while they were on Earth, rather than flying off and coming back with other reinforcements? I mean, really?
Skywarp18
Protoform

Post by Skywarp18 »

Maybe Magnus was just covering his rear in case blaster doesnt get the job done
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

So he sends one powerful warrior, and one guy with some very neat tricks up his sleeve? Why not send Arcee? Or Grapple? Wouldn't Megatron almost certainly shoot down anything trying to leave the city?

Face it, your ideas factory ain't mass producing sense.
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Face it, your ideas factory ain't mass producing sense.

We really must write to a chief bod at Marvel and press them to make a Cliffjumper comic.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Originally posted by Skylinx
i think the one behind perceptor is Grapple

Yeah, it's Grapple alright, I'm watching the movie right now and paused it several times to make sure.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Thundercracker1
Protoform

Post by Thundercracker1 »

Nobody ever said magnus was the smartest autobot around
The deadliest weapon is terror.
thunderwarp
Protoform

Post by thunderwarp »

i definatly agree, magnus aint clever, if he was he would have had a betta idea in tf:tm than standing infront of galvatron an let him rip him into shreds. U'd at least hurt him once, surely.:\
Open, Dam it Open. Prime, you said the matrix would light our darkest hour!!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

So the "latest"* attempt to cover for a TF:TM animation ****-up is "well, Magnus was a bit dumb, wasn't he?". And are Sunstreaker and Hound so dumb they wouldn't perhaps note that flying them back to Moonbase-1 is a stupid

Sorry, fell off me chair laughing.

* = I use the term loosely. Magnus was being bagged out in playgrounds around the world in 1986. Some of you probably weren't even born then...