In the movie, Megatron won, not Prime...

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Originally posted by Sixswitch
Yeah, then Prime died, and Megatron didn't.

If I have a fight with you, and I break one of your arms, but you get the last punch in, and bloody my nose, who won the fight? Me of course.

The defence rests, your honour.

-Ss

Right.

Except that Megatron was clearly left incapacitated at the end of it. He was after all unable to get up and walk away at the end.

You shoot me in the gut and I take the hit and knock your ass off a ledge...
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Bludgeon-X
Protoform

Post by Bludgeon-X »

actually i have the movie on svcd and have seen it eight times or more

Battle Goes as this

1: Prime taunts Megatron and Megatron starts with a jumping lounge, sparks issue when they collide with the floor= minor injuries to both

2: Megatron grabs a spear like object and throws it with athletic skill into prime waist, prime punches megatron into the wall= major wound to prime and weak damage to megatrons circuits

3: Megatro blasts with his energy cannon twice but doesn´t hit prime and prime slams him into the wall where megatrons cannon falls off,megatron grabs a beam sword and hits prime in his waist= prime severely wounded

4: Megatron goes in for another strike with his beamsword but prime uppercuts him and jumps into the air but when prime lands megatron kangaroo kicks prime and jumps onto him= no damage

5: Megatron attempts to go in for the kill by the head but prime struggles strongly gets the better of him and throws him a long distance away so prime can get his rifle= megatron gets a major wound

6: Prime steps and asks megatron for any lasts word and megatron tries to trick him so he can grab the gun but Hot Rod tries to prevent him but gets in the way so prime can´t get any good aim. Megatron manages to use the opportunity to fire, first one at the chest and the three where primes original wound is megatron goes for a headblast but prime gathers some of his strength and does and "fistswipe" punch causing megatron to fall heavily on two floors= prime gets 4 wounds and megatron two heavy crashes= prime gets 4 wounds and megatron two heavy crashes

Result

Prime: he had a major wound bt the damage increased because megatron had the uper hand with that gun

Megatron: One major wound ad quite a ot of cracks on the chest
along with damaged voice cords and several energy loss in his muscles
Commander Shockwav
Protoform

Post by Commander Shockwav »

Originally posted by Hound
Right.

Except that Megatron was clearly left incapacitated at the end of it. He was after all unable to get up and walk away at the end.

Sigh.

Okay, let's try this again.

"clearly left incapacitated" is not "clearly DEAD".

Megatron might have been "clearly incapacitated", no one would argue with that. I mean, it was a damn close fight.

But Prime was left "clearly DEAD".

Now which is worse?

I mean, if I take a knife and slash your jugular, then with every ounce of your strength left you kick my ass to unconciousness, then you walk away until you die from hemorrhaging out, I won. You kicked my ass, but I killed you in the end.

Megatron won that fight. Period.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

How does in matter who won the fight? The Autobots won the war, and that was arguably the turning point. That punch meant the Decepticons were stuck with a wanker like Starscream, and then a pillock like Galvatron. They spent the next year living on a rock, then moved into Scorponok. I'd say Prime was pretty happy with the result.

EDIT: Also loving the crap fight comparisons. Because we all know two giant robots fighting is just two blokes fighting, scaled up 700%, and the way Transformers have a completely different set of rules re: pain, wounds and death isn't at all relevant to the question. Really, it's just like that imaginary fight you have in your head about what you'd have done to get back at that bigger boy who made you look like a **** in front of your class when you were 14, honest it is.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper

EDIT: Also loving the crap fight comparisons. Because we all know two giant robots fighting is just two blokes fighting, scaled up 700%, and the way Transformers have a completely different set of rules re: pain, wounds and death isn't at all relevant to the question. Really, it's just like that imaginary fight you have in your head about what you'd have done to get back at that bigger boy who made you look like a **** in front of your class when you were 14, honest it is.

What are you blabbering on about? It makes sense to make such comparisons, since it brings it to a level we can understand.

And it matters who won the fight because that's the topic of this thread. If you don't care who won the fight, then there's the back button for you to use. Really, vitrolic posting can be fun now and again, but it gets tiresome on occasions (like this one).

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Either way, we still got stuck with Rodimus.....
Commander Shockwav
Protoform

Post by Commander Shockwav »

What are you blabbering on about? It makes sense to make such comparisons, since it brings it to a level we can understand.

-Ss

Tell me about it.

I mean, what would you have us do, Cliffy? Build real Transformers and a Cybertron so that we can finally gain some credibility in making assumptions about them. So we can begin to understand how they feel pain? What, do you have one in your closet or something that you converse with? Please, do give us the scoop on actual Transformer physiology, we're dying to know about them. Until then, why don't we just shut up and let you fill us all in so we're not talking out of our asses.

And when you next speak with Prime, tell him I say 'hello'.
:rolleyes:
Hound

Post by Hound »

How many times does it have to be said that Prime did not die?!!!

Death brings with it quite a bit finality.

Prime was repaired.

We're talking about robots, complex machines. Prime beat Megatron's ass, sent the Decepticon's packing.

I'm not making any of this up, it all happened.

Oh it must be because being the evil bad guy is cool, you guys are so edgy. :rolleyes:

I never understood that, the Decepticons had to be the most incompetent pack of morons ever and yet there are people out there who worship them for no other reason than that they weren't the good guys.

They were led by Megatron and Starscream for chrissakes! They suck!!!
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Prime beat Megatron's ass, sent the Decepticon's packing.

Prime didn't beat Megatron's ass. At the very, very best, you can say that the fight was a draw. And so what if the Decepticons retreated? They left Autobase in ruins and killed more of the enemy than they lost themselves.

In fact, the Autobots didn't kill anyone. They seriously injured many, but they were repairable, and would have lived if Starscream hadn't been an idiot on the shuttle.

Prime died as a direct result of his injuries in that battle. Megatron did not. Yes, he was brought back afterwards, but he still died after that battle.

And as for the rest of your post about everyone loving the Decepticons and all that gunk... I really can't be bothered.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Sheba
Protoform

Post by Sheba »

That fight was soooo imba. Usually Prime kicks Megs' ass. This sure stank of Plot Convenience.
"This appears to be a copy of Final Fantasy, which is a step up from a copy of Pearl Jam"-Ed the Sock, on Fromage 2002, about one of Creed's videos--"Bullets".
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

They both lost because they were both replaced with sh*t characters.

but other than that i agree with Hound. Prime was repairable, perceptor was incompetant.

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Rodimus Prime was a far more interesting character than Optimus Prime ever was.

-Ss
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

Rodimus Prime was a far more interesting character than Optimus Prime ever was
Ok i actually agree with you there, it was nice to see some TF characterisation for a change, Optimus was pretty 2 dimensional...but still, i think he's the better hero.
Originally posted by Commander Shockwave
Tell me about it.

I mean, what would you have us do, Cliffy? Build real Transformers and a Cybertron so that we can finally gain some credibility in making assumptions about them. So we can begin to understand how they feel pain? What, do you have one in your closet or something that you converse with? Please, do give us the scoop on actual Transformer physiology, we're dying to know about them. Until then, why don't we just shut up and let you fill us all in so we're not talking out of our asses.

And when you next speak with Prime, tell him I say 'hello'.
oh god i can see where this is going...*takes cover*

Hunter S.Thompson
Civ

Post by Civ »

Doing a fight comparison between two complex robots and figuring out who had more battle damage is a bit silly. Especially considering that we're talking about two imaginary robots, but I digress on that point. Who took what major damage is a bit silly since we could be dealing with different robot physiology. What robot would consider truly major damage differs from character to character. Case in point, Ultra Magnus was blown apart and put back together again good as new. Megs took several heavy blows to the head, especially that one after he jumped about 200 feet into the air and met Prime's fist. Prime took numerous hits to his "left oblique" and a couple to the chest. In short, there's no way to seriously quantify the amount of damage each combatant took. We only know the end results.

Prime won the fight. He had a weaponless Megs out in the open while he had a clear shot. At this point, the fight was over. Prime won. Why he didn't just shoot is unclear. All the stuff that happened afterwards was merely to advance the story, which allowed Megs to escape. It also gave the writers an excuse to take Prime out of the picture and eventually, Megatron as well in order to set both factions up with a new leader.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Hound

Post by Hound »

Ummmmm, I agree with Civ. Take note of the time and date...
In fact, the Autobots didn't kill anyone. They seriously injured many, but they were repairable, and would have lived if Starscream hadn't been an idiot on the shuttle.

Prime died as a direct result of his injuries in that battle. Megatron did not. Yes, he was brought back afterwards, but he still died after that battle.

Prime didn't die!

Just to note, it wasn't the Autobots that seriously injured most of those Decepticons, it was Prime, all by his lonesome. Not that that means anything mind you...

And as for the rest of your post about everyone loving the Decepticons and all that gunk... I really can't be bothered.

Yeah, none of that was really aimed at you in particular.

I'm sure that there are a few people out there who prefer the Decepticons based on cool characters from the comic.
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

Erm, although i have agreed with everything Hound's posted in this thread so far i really have to disagree with
Prime didn't die!

He wasn't getting any older. True enough he was repairable but he ceased to function for an extensive period of time.

Hunter S.Thompson
Hound

Post by Hound »

They all ceased to function for four million years prior to being repaired by Teletran-1. Did all those Transformers die?
Civ

Post by Civ »

Originally posted by Prowl1984
He wasn't getting any older. True enough he was repairable but he ceased to function for an extensive period of time.

It could have also been stasis lock and the Autobots simply didn't know how to bring him out of it but the Quints did.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

They all ceased to function for four million years prior to being repaired by Teletran-1. Did all those Transformers die?

Ok....we're going about this the wrong way. im gonna take my previous point back. Prime didn't 'die' because he wasn't alive in the first place, he was a machine. if anything he ceased to function to an extent whereby no autobot knew how to repair him. stasis lock seems to fit better. but if you're looking at it as a life or death thing then yes, all the autobots and decepticons in the ark 'died'.

Hunter S.Thompson