[ART] [PAPERFORMER] The Big Paperformer Thread

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
PieLighter

Post by PieLighter »

Mirage looks cool. Is he a drag racer?
BTW, Starscream and Bumblebee look very G1 accurate. And I love Longarm! I use his hook to balance him. I rotate it up so the end of the hook is against the back of the front canpoy piece.
nav
Protoform

Post by nav »

Can you post some pics?
PieLighter

Post by PieLighter »

OK, I'll get some up tomorrow. I'm too tired ATM...:zzz:

UPDATE: I have pics of all 3. :)
Attachments
151820.jpg
151755.jpg
151751.jpg
151742.jpg
151725.jpg
PieLighter

Post by PieLighter »

Dang, there's a 5 file limit.:wall:
OK, 5 more.
Attachments
151953.jpg
151857.jpg
151847.jpg
151844.jpg
151839.jpg
PieLighter

Post by PieLighter »

And another 5.
Attachments
152039.jpg
152020.jpg
152012.jpg
152008.jpg
152000.jpg
PieLighter

Post by PieLighter »

And the last one.
Attachments
152147.jpg
nav
Protoform

Post by nav »

What kind of paper did you use?
PieLighter

Post by PieLighter »

Standard A4 printer paper. So the models are fairly weak and fragile. And the joints get very loose after a while.
nav
Protoform

Post by nav »

I used that for my hubcap, but I glued a second sheet to make it more stable.
These are really really really good.
PieLighter

Post by PieLighter »

nav wrote:These are really really really good.
Thanks a lot!
nav wrote:I used that for my hubcap, but I glued a second sheet to make it more stable.
Do you mean the wheels or the actual paperformer Hubcap? Because the yellow guy in the pics is Bumblebee.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Okay, finally filled in all the gaps from the mistake with the jets.. so there's a whole bunch of salvaged guys, and a few new guys, and some updates hidden through the thread now. (Updated checklist in the first post on the thread.)

Now for questions:
Hey TFVanguard I've recoloured rodimus to prime nova,however I can edit the head properly .Do you think you can do something?
Haven't salvaged and redone Rodimus yet, so that's currently a no-go. I would appreciate that you NOT recolor and post without checking with me first. I may be doing similar figures already - and things are still a bit chaotic with all the different versions floating around at the moment. (I'll relax this stance a lot once I get my folders cleaned up.)
Anything about a ROTF Devastator? It doesn't have to be big or complicated, just a simple one will do.
Don't expect more than one version of a character. Devastator will be based on the G1 version. Again, this is just to keep things organized.. plus, a lot of the movie designs (such as Devastator) really aren't my cup of tea. If you REALLY want a ROTF Devastor, get a bunch of random pieces of construction paper, crinckle it all put, and glue it together into a roughly humanoid shape. :)
Is there a Ravage? He's my fav cassette from G1.
Ravage MAY be this week (or possibly next). Depends on what all I get done and if I can get a version that I'm happy with. The legs are really finicky.
A General Lee has been uploaded too.
I've actually got a three-pack of 'celebrity' cars redone as Paperformers as a Cosmic Rust special, and the General Lee is one of them.. so.. for the meantime, I'll have to ask that you take it down until I can figure out what to do with the lot. (Again, a stance I'll lighten up on once my folder's emptied out.)
...Was there a Ramjet using this mold? Then I'll have all 4 Seekers from G1.
Ramjet is being redone as a conehead. That's also in the queue for this week.
Hey what about autobot casettes?
Eject and Rewind will likely be filler in the coming week. Ramhorn, et al, will depend on how quickly I can work out a ravage, since they'll have similar transformations.
Mirage looks cool. Is he a drag racer?
He's a F-1 racer, based on his Henkei and G1 forms. I'm not entirely happy with him (he's a salvaged unreleased design), but it works well enough and I'm not sure how to fix him short of completely redoing him.

Last note, on the 'seekers', the air intakes go on top of the shoulders, so that it duplicates the look of Starscream's G1 version, as well as somewhat catch the nose for the jet mode.
Attachments
C084_Smallfoot.pdf
(65.54 KiB) Downloaded 333 times
C016_Gears.pdf
(65.29 KiB) Downloaded 388 times
D039_Fracture.pdf
(69.65 KiB) Downloaded 374 times
PieLighter

Post by PieLighter »

OK, I'll take the General Lee down. Is the G1 Jazz repaint OK? I did it because the original wasn't G1 accurate as far as colours were concerned.
And for the Seekers, it was the tail intake and leg guards I wasn't sure about.
I've recoloured Mirage as a super-deformed Brawn BGP001 if you want to see it. ;)
nav
Protoform

Post by nav »

Hey what continuity is the ironhide from?
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

nav wrote:Hey what continuity is the ironhide from?
Ironhide is based most on his G1 form, but uses a 'hummer-type' alt-mode model... so, cross his original form with his Powermaster form, only with 90 percent less suck either way.

I got a lot to get done elsewhere this week, so no new designs. I'll take care of some needed redecos this week, however, and plug the last few gaps up in the thread posts above.
Attachments
C050_Ironfist.pdf
(65.61 KiB) Downloaded 339 times
C057_Eject.pdf
(48.99 KiB) Downloaded 346 times
C056_Rewind.pdf
(49.37 KiB) Downloaded 359 times
C058_Sweve.pdf
(65.71 KiB) Downloaded 318 times
PieLighter

Post by PieLighter »

Do you know when the Ravage will be posted?
nav
Protoform

Post by nav »

Ok thanks ,but how are the scramble combiners coming?
nav
Protoform

Post by nav »

Oh yeah I almost forgot Rumble and Frenzy: I think you should check over the legs. I think that for the leg braces , the extended tab should have tabs on the ends as well.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

It's Paperformer Parliamentary Question Time!
677956 wrote:Do you know when the Ravage will be posted?
I've still got until Sunday, don't I? I'm not entirely sure, though. Ravage is being tricky as he has a LOT of fiddly bits that are hard to fudge at this scale. It doesn't help that the one joint that works best for the head and legs seems to cause confusion (see below).
Ok thanks ,but how are the scramble combiners coming?
Aerialbots will be in a few weeks, and will be the second combiner set. Keep in mind that I'm sticking to the one new 'mold' per week. I just don't have time for much else at the moment.
Oh yeah I almost forgot Rumble and Frenzy: I think you should check over the legs. I think that for the leg braces , the extended tab should have tabs on the ends as well.
Checked the legs, but they're right. The 'extensions' that aren't part of the triangle-prisim fold to cover up the joint and glue to the legs directly. They're to create the 'fold down from sides' joint in the cassettes.
Attachments
C020_Blowpipe.pdf
(66.13 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
C019_Salvage.pdf
(65.92 KiB) Downloaded 294 times
D119_Barricade.pdf
(67.17 KiB) Downloaded 347 times
D118_Charger.pdf
(66.73 KiB) Downloaded 286 times
D038_Decepticharge.pdf
(67.28 KiB) Downloaded 340 times
nav
Protoform

TFVanguard and Pielighter

Post by nav »

Hey TFVanguard I did some research and there are some more autobot micro cassettes if I have your permission , I can recolour Eject to get about four more ,Laserbeak to get Sundor and,when your finished with Ravage ,you could put an autobot symbol on the top of his neck.

To Pielighter
How did you edit Jazz?
PieLighter

Post by PieLighter »

nav wrote:To Pielighter
How did you edit Jazz?
I took a few print screens of the pdf and edited it in Microsoft Paint. The actual png Jazz as a few mm longer than the pdf version. :D
TFVanguard wrote:I've still got until Sunday, don't I? I'm not entirely sure, though. Ravage is being tricky as he has a LOT of fiddly bits that are hard to fudge at this scale. It doesn't help that the one joint that works best for the head and legs seems to cause confusion (see below).
I can wait until then, as long as it actually gets released some time or other. What we can't have is another incident like Paper Robots 1999 Soundwave. They created a page on the website for him, gave us previews all the way back in July 2009 and they still haven't released him...