[FONTS] The Transformers Font Thread

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

poyguimogul wrote:Are these updated versions in the Bulk pack that the site linked to?
No, not yet. My plan was to do some updates next week and make a new pack once it's all done.

Convoy
Based on the logos for "Transformers: Armada" and "Transformers: Robots in Disguise" from Hasbro, Inc. Left and right braces replaced with Autobot and Decepticon insignia, respectively. Bar replaced with Minicon insignia. Tilde replaced with Combatron insignia. Includes regular and italic versions.

Orion Pax
This is a techno-style font based on the "Robots in Disguise" logo from Hasbro's 2012 Transformers toyline. This font includes accented characters, the Euro, and other European glyphs. Includes bold and italic versions.

Version 1.5:
- Switch to OTF format
- Added OE and Per-Thousand glyphs
- Kerning cleanup
Attachments
PS_Font_Orion_Pax.zip
(143.37 KiB) Downloaded 542 times
ps_banner_orion_pax.png
PS_Font_Convoy.zip
(82.41 KiB) Downloaded 557 times
ps_banner_convoy.png
Jaynz

Destronic Graffiti

Post by Jaynz »

Destronic Grafitti
This is a revised version of Jim Sorenson's "Decepticon Grafitti" typeface, which is based on the vandalism-based writings of Runabout and Runamuck from the classic Marvel Transformers comic series. Includes full alphabet and some punctuation.

Special thanks to Jim Sorenson for allowing me to update and maintain this classic font.

Dai-Atlas
This science-fiction themed, lcd-like font is based on the original Transformers logo from Hasbro, except thinner and leaner for each of reading. Includes full alphabet, extended punctuation, and Euro. Includes italic and bold versions.
Attachments
PS_Font_Dai-Atlas.zip
(40.55 KiB) Downloaded 553 times
ps_banner_dai-atlas.png
PS_Font_Destronic_Grafitti.zip
(6.85 KiB) Downloaded 569 times
ps_banner_destronic_grafitti.png
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

( PLEASE DELETE ME! )
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

( PLEASE DELETE ME! )
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

( PLEASE DELETE ME! )
MeGrimlock
Protoform

Post by MeGrimlock »

Is there a font similar to the one used for the "Regeneration One" title?
Maybe this is the same font used for the "more than meets the eye" motto in the original Marvel comics. Or maybe not, I can't remember.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Is there a font similar to the one used for the "Regeneration One" title?
I'm sure that one already existed, but it was a nice and easy project to get done, so I whipped one up today to add to the collection.
Maybe this is the same font used for the "more than meets the eye" motto in the original Marvel comics. Or maybe not, I can't remember.
That was 'Eurostile Bold Extended'.

Morse Tech
A symbolic font based on some lettering used in Hasbro's Transformers during the Action Masters period. It's actually an extensive set of Morse Code...

Regen
Regen is a simple science-fiction font based on the logo used on the cover of the Transformers: Regeneration One comics.
Attachments
PS_Font_Regen.zip
(10.56 KiB) Downloaded 566 times
ps_banner_regen.png
ps_banner_morse_tech.png
PS_Font_Morse_Tech.zip
(5.44 KiB) Downloaded 573 times
MeGrimlock
Protoform

Post by MeGrimlock »

Sweet, thanks so much!

I wish I could repay the kindness, but all I cam do is promote this thread and the Tfs fonts on our page :)
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Minor bump - the Optimus, Jhiaxus, Convoy, and Megatron fonts have been updated with new insignia glyphs and a lot of cleanup. (Figured the updates would be lost in the thread...)

Razorclaw
Based on the logo of the new "Beast Hunters" Transformers line. Includes extended characters, euro, and punctuation. The 'at' sign has been replaced with the Predacon faction symbol. Includes regular and hollow versions.

Cyberfall
Based on the logo of the console game "Fall of Cybertron". Includes extended characters, euro, and punctuation. Left and right brackets are the Autobot and Decepticon (G1) insignia, respectively. Left and right braces are the Autobot and Decepticon (movie) insignia, respectively.
Attachments
PS_Font_Razorclaw.zip
(30.09 KiB) Downloaded 590 times
ps_banner_razoclaw.png
PS_Font_Cyberfall.zip
(10.97 KiB) Downloaded 589 times
ps_banner_cyberfall.png
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

( PLEASE DELETE ME! )
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

( PLEASE DELETE ME! )
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Well, holy poop! I don't think I'm going to be doing a major 'redo all my fonts' run like that again any time soon. As of today (16 April 2013) all the fonts for Transformers are updated, cleaned up, and regularized. I'm now going to have a bit of a lie down...

Beastformer
This slightly gothic typeface is based on the long-ago logo of Hasbro's "Battle Beasts" toyline. Includes full alphabet, extended characters, euro. Braces and bar have been replaced with the Wood, Fire, and Water insignia.

Hellpoint
This science-fiction font is based on some of the plate markings founds in IDW's "Transformers" comic series. Includes full alphabet, extended character set, Euro. Left and right braces replaced with Autobot and Decepticon insignia, respectively. Bar replaced with Predacon insignia.
Attachments
PS_Font_Hellpoint.zip
(20.56 KiB) Downloaded 577 times
ps_banner_hellpoint.png
ps_banner_beastformer.png
PS_Font_Beastformer.zip
(12.49 KiB) Downloaded 588 times
Fhrex
Protoform

Post by Fhrex »

Is there a font for the cybertronian as seen in the movies and also on the Bumblebee edition camaro?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Possibly what's at the foot of this page? Sorry, not really familiar with the live movies.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Cybertronian_language
KuuKuuSon
Protoform
Custom Title: Die with Your Boots On.

Re: [FONTS] The Transformers Font Thread

Post by KuuKuuSon »

Hi, I just found this resource while searching online. Great site and great contributions! The zip links appear to be down, is there a source where I can find these? I'll pm Jaynz in case this forum isn't regularly checked. Either way, bravo!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I'll fix the links later when I'm back on my own PC, it's just because a couple of pages got moved. Thanks for pointing it out.

Sadly, Neale (Jaynz/TFVanguard) passed away a few years ago.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Looked into it and I've enabled other file extensions for attachments, including zip.

Most of the commonest ones are in the archives in http://tfarchive.com/fandom/fonts/ or the final versions will be at http://www.pixelsagas.com/ (and his wife is still handling commercial licensing for those needing it).