Complete TF animated set?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Gigatron
Protoform

Complete TF animated set?

Post by Gigatron »

I'm lookin to buy all the TF episodes...

Is there any set where u can buy from Season 1 right to the last episode of G2, including the movie?

If not, are all of these available in some way shape or form? All i can seem to find is season 1-4. Are season 5 and G2 even available on DVD>?

I'd like to get the whole shabam with as little nit picking and shopping around as possible...
Civ

Post by Civ »

If you're referring to the American version, there is no Season 5. The G2 series of TV shows were just reruns of G1 but with the Cybernetic Spacecube that really didn't do anything to add to the show.
Gigatron
Protoform

Post by Gigatron »

Ok i see.....i was just reading wiki. It said there was a season 5, but it was like a "best of" season...

Having said that it looks like this "shout factory" TF: The complete Series would be the one to wait for? Its apparently been announced and is going to be the first full box set in region1, fully remastered as well...
Civ

Post by Civ »

Yeah, get the Shout Factory set and you should all set.
Gigatron
Protoform

Post by Gigatron »

ahhh I see it now...

http://www.transformerscollectorsset.com/

Pricey....but my friends will shit if I get this!
Gigatron
Protoform

Post by Gigatron »

Then whats the story on the Headmasters episodes? Where they ever dubbed? I think they were subbed wernt they?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Season five was repeats. Nobody's ever released it on DVD because there's no point.

Generation 2 was repeats "enhanced" with CGI transitions. Some episodes were released on R2 DVD by Sony, but I don't know anybody who bothered buying them.

Headmasters, Masterforce and Victory were all victims of appalling dubs. I want to say it was a company in Singapore that were responsible, but I've a sneaky suspicion it actually wasn't.

Metrodome have released R2 sets of the three series, I know Headmasters has both subtitles along with the option to listen to the dub. The later sets have subtitles, but I'm not sure on the audio options. They did balls up Headmasters, though, ignoring the corrections they were given for the subtitles and chopping off the pre-credits scenes as they trimmed the "previously" segments.

Chris "Doctor McFeelgood" McFeely is the person to quiz... he'll probably be along in a bit. I think we've spoken all the necessary parts of the incantation.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I've always been surprised none of the "Season 5" opening links have ever (to the best of my knowledge) shown up as DVD extras, certainly at least a couple surrvive as they're on youtube. Perhaps Powermaster Prime won't sign off on it.
Halfshell wrote: Generation 2 was repeats "enhanced" with CGI transitions. Some episodes were released on R2 DVD by Sony, but I don't know anybody who bothered buying them.
I did. But I assumed it meant the regular versions of those shows wouldn't be getting a release. What a James Bree I am.
Metrodome have released R2 sets of the three series, I know Headmasters has both subtitles along with the option to listen to the dub. The later sets have subtitles, but I'm not sure on the audio options. They did balls up Headmasters, though, ignoring the corrections they were given for the subtitles and chopping off the pre-credits scenes as they trimmed the "previously" segments.
Masterforce and Victory only had the subtitles. They didn't really balls up Headmasters directly though, those were the only copies of the episodes whoever owns the Western rights would give them.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

inflatable dalek wrote:They didn't really balls up Headmasters directly though, those were the only copies of the episodes whoever owns the Western rights would give them.
They ignored the subtitle revisions that our good McFeely dutifully did for them, though.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Halfshell wrote:They ignored the subtitle revisions that our good McFeely dutifully did for them, though.

Aye, I should have said the editing of the shows wasn't their fault.