Transformers Prime TV show news and rumours

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

That's how Ratchet should have looked in the films!
And the car looks the decepticon batmobile
I like bears.
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Some more artwork available on Amazon from the Transformers Prime paperback.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Cast information and whatnot from Seibertron.

Most interesting info: Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson is going to be voicing Cliffjumper.
MAIN CHARACTERS

AUTOBOTS

Optimus Prime - Peter Cullen
Arcee - Sumalee Montano
Bulkhead - Kevin Michael Richardson
Ratchet - Jeffrey Combs
Bumblebee - Rumored as Josh Keaton
Cliffjumper - Dwayne Johnson

DECEPTICONS
Megatron - Frank Welker
Breakdown - Adam Baldwin
Knockout - Daran Norris
Starscream - Steve Blum

HUMANS
Jack - Josh Keaton
Miko - Tania Gunadi
Raf - Andy Pessoa
June - Markie Post
Agent Flower - Ernie Hudson

THE SHOW

The Transformer saga continues as Optimus Prime and the Autobots battle the evil Decepticons, led by Megatron. With the future of the human race hanging in the balance, three young teenagers become critical in helping the Autobots prevent the Decepticon Army from conquering Earth. Prepare to experience the world of Transformers like never before.

The Transformer franchise sees the triumphant return of the Autobots characters to television in cutting edge computer-generated animation. The series both deepens the epic mythology of Autobots and Decepticons, while starting fresh for a new generation of viewers and future Transformers fans. With a bold and modern new look, Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and others are back to roll out against Megatron’s latest plots to conquer Earth. The Autobots may be few against the Decepticons menace, but they find increased strength here on their home away from home via bonds they've forged with three human teenagers. Make no mistake, the Transformers series will deliver heavy metal action and nail-biting suspense

Produced by Hasbro Studios

PRODUCTION CREDITS

Developed for Television By:
Alex Kurtzman
Roberto Orci
Duane Capizzi
Jeff Kline

Executive Producers:
Alex Kurtzman
Roberto Orci
Jeff Kline

Supervising Producer: Duane Capizzi

Supervising Animation Producer: Therese Trujillo

Producers:
Steven Puri
Mandy Safavi

Supervising Director: Dave Hartman

Staff Writers:
Nicole Dubuc
Marsha Griffin
Joseph Kuhr
Steven Melching

Music By: Brian Tyler

Main Title Theme By: Brian Tyler
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Bloody hell. Ever since he was announced as being in the cast I never actually thought Cullen would be playing Prime, I assumed it would just be some sort of more casual role. That's actually very impressive.

And Adam Baldwin and Jeffrey Combs, in the same show, at the same time. I think I just had a little orgasm.

Oh, and the fourth most popular Ghostbuster as well. Good for Spengs I suppose.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
stoltobot
Protoform

Post by stoltobot »

Brian Tyler is a cool choice for musical producer/theme writer.
________
Vapir No2 Vaporizer
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

The Rock as Cliffjumper? Awesome! :clap:
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

For me, The Rock= I will watch.
Peter Cullen's a cool choice, as long as they make it a very soldiery role. I always found Gary Chalk played the super hero better.
I like bears.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Good all round. Except Frank Welker. Might as well recruit Chris cocking Latta. No, wait, he's dead. Phew. Still, Megatron's on minus 16 thousand credible villain points from the start... :(

Which one's Adam Baldwin? Is he the second-least rubbish one who seems like the most rubbish because the most rubbish one somehow ended up in The Usual Suspects and thus managed to be the only one in the family to appear in an actual decent film?
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Cliffjumper wrote:Which one's Adam Baldwin? Is he the second-least rubbish one who seems like the most rubbish because the most rubbish one somehow ended up in The Usual Suspects and thus managed to be the only one in the family to appear in an actual decent film?
Apologies if you aren't being serious, Adam Baldwin is therefore fake Baldwin, and therefore he is actually full of awesome. Firefly, Serenity, Angel and Chuck etc etc.
inflatable dalek

No, Adam Baldwin is the real Baldwin. It's all the others who are fakes. He's been in pretty much every good American TV show of the last ten years and had three lines in Independence Day (the US soldier who orders the civilians inside the underground base towards the end, he spends most of the movie standing next to the baddy from Dark Skies).

EDIT: From Cliffy's POV, he's probably more recognisable as the Senior Partner's representative who has a big fight with Angel in the last episode of his show. "People who don't care will never understand those who do" "But we won't care".

I've often wondered if he really is one of the famous family after all but just lies about it out of embarrassment. Just to confuse things looks wise he could actuall;y pass as one of them.

They've clearly got a much higher casting budget than any of the previous shows. That won't make it better or even better cast (other than The Mummy Returns I've not seen anything with the Rock in, no idea if he's acting's good enough to stand up on just the voice) but it's certainly impressive on paper. How long before Mark Shepard shows up as Wreck Gar?
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

He actually had one of the coolest lines in Independence Day, where the general fellow said "is that glass bullet proof" am he says "no sir..." and they shoot the alien that was holding Mr Data.
I have a lot of love for him. He's the quintessential army-dude-who-shows-civilians-around and I hold he should play that roll in everything, the same way Glen Morshower plays the same roll in everything.
I like bears.
inflatable dalek

I love that bit of Independence Day! He is indeed a big jar of awesome.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

The designs are interesting. Keeping the Animated feel and mixing it up with Classics/ Movie designs. Bumblebee looks a little freaky on that Amazon link. He looks like a sickly child.

Maybe I'm getting old, but I can't muster much enthusiasm for Prime. Hopefully, it will be as good as Animated. I'm happy to wait and see on this one.
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

http://www.hubworld.com/transformers/sh ... characters

No Cliffjumper here, who I'm most looking forward to. And it seems the kid characters are each associated with a particular Autobot. :nonono: Dunno why that bothers me, but it does.

Bumblebee's voicebox was damaged on Cybertron, so he "talks" in bleeps and blurts.

This is more and more looking to be Movieverse: Animated, but can't say I blame 'em.

No toys announced yet but it would be a shocker if it never happened, right? ;) I hope so, I so much want a TF:P Cliffjumper! Wouldn't mind that Ratchet either...

Edit: was worried my post here gave the opposite impression, but I am looking forward to seeing this series.
JDandCoke7
Protoform

Post by JDandCoke7 »

Hmph - I do so love a website thats been throughly tested for readability...

Looks like it could be interesting - someone's probably already asked, but does anyone know if/where this might appear in the UK?

Edit: Hang on - isn't that the Animated Bulkhead on the profile?
HotShot81
Protoform

Post by HotShot81 »

Any word on which channel is showing this in Canada? No Hub according to my cable provider.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Discovery Kids will be renamed The Hub, iirc it will coincide with the first episode.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

I am liking the look of this. Hopefully one of the things it steals from the movies will be te sense that this is a war between alien robots, not a superhero show.
I like bears.
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

Steve Blum as Starscream! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Brief video clip of Transformers Prime:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMsef0eh ... r_embedded

Also, the Images page at Hubworld.com has been updated with some pics of vehicle modes:

http://www.hubworld.com/transformers/shows/prime/images