Transformers Prime TV show news and rumours

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Wow, they gave Optimus Prime a weird looking mouth. All right.
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Looks like Transformers Prime will be debuting on the Hub on Nov. 26th. First episode entitled, "Darkness Rising" (Part 1 of 2).

http://www.tvtango.com/listings/2010/11/26

http://www.hubworld.com/transformers/shows/prime
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Darkness Rising is just about the most generic name I have ever heard.
I like bears.
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Summerhayes wrote:Darkness Rising is just about the most generic name I have ever heard.
Could be worse. Like Megatron Rising.
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

The amount of human characters worries me a lot. I really hope this show can appeal to a mass audience.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

I'm just worried the CGI humans are going to look a bit rubbish next to all the robots.
I like bears.
Sades

Post by Sades »

It'd be nice if YTV could get ahold of this, since my cable carrier does not/will not be carrying the Hub.

Sadface. I wanted to seeeeeee. :(
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

I'm not liking the character designs that much. I think the old Beast Wars toon had more detail and that was over a decade ago..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I don't have cable. Can't watch this. Boo. :(

The CGI is gorgeous. It's like a hybrid of the highly-complex Movieverse design with the stylized, sleek Animated design, but done with Beast Wars in mind. I'll admit that it would take time to get used to, but I doubt that it would take long. When I first saw Beast Wars, I thought 'God, this was horrible!' but all I needed was time to get used to the designs.

The Decepticon drones look kickass, so does Cliffjumper. Don't like the number of humans, though.
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

I actually think the CGI's a bit rubbish...almost dated in fact. I'm gonna end up watching it anyway, plus I thought the same about Animated but then came to love it so who knows?

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I don't get The Hub, but I'm assuming the show will be on their website, right? No, it's not as good as sitting in the living room to watch it, but we still get to see it.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Possibly for some, probably not for all.

Though if everyone did get it, that'd be awesome. I'm going to go with "hopeful but pessimistic" on that thought.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
NightHawk

Post by NightHawk »

The f*** did they do to Prime's face?!

I am wondering why, the most iconic Autobot in the world, must have a mouth instead of his well known faceplate?

I assume the jet is Starscream...he looks...kinda like Animated Screamer, but then with evil eyebrows! I kinda like.

Let's see...from the IGN teaser I counted three humans, please don't let this be Armada kids all over again...one human kid is sufficient enough but eh, I'll bet ya that there will be more then just these three.

I like the CGI, it's superior to the Energon and Cybertron CGI (But then again, that's not hard...considering Beast Wars reigns supreme over those two and it's even older)

I'll be watching this, though in the end I know it most likely will be cut off after three seasons, which is such a shame. They did it with Beast Wars, they did it with Animated, no doubt it will happen to Prime. And I am still left wishing they followed the War for Cybertron setting more instead of being in just the same continuity but now on Earth with movie designs. I still think the WfC setting would be awesome for a cartoon.
Sades

Post by Sades »

NightHawk wrote:The f*** did they do to Prime's face?!

I am wondering why, the most iconic Autobot in the world, must have a mouth instead of his well known faceplate?
Comments like this always surprise me now, given the amount of character redesigns that have gone on in the past, ooh... fifteen, sixteen years. It's not a "wrong" reaction... it's just surprising to me.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

"Five-part miniseries event"? Is that a five-part pilot with a series to follow?
Of course, living in Blighty I doubt I'll see it through legal means any which way.

The art style is odd. It seems like a mash-up of animated and the movie style, which are odd choices as they're about as different as two Transformers properties can be.
I like bears.
Sades

Post by Sades »

There's the obvious element that reminds me of Beast Wars/Beast Machines; I can't help but find myself hoping that this will grow on me the same way they did.

I know one thing- I'm not going to complain about the amount of humans in it. Not at this point anyway- too early, imo.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I used to hate the Animated art design when it came out. Now I love it.

I used to hate the G1 design when I discovered it after watching the Movie. Now I love it.

I used to hate how Beast Wars looked with all my heart and soul. Now I adore it.

I'm sure I'll get used to this aesthetic, funky Prime-mouth and all, and love it as well. Besides, it's not like Optimus Prime having a mouth is a new thing.

And five-part miniseries thing: I read in a Botcon thing or other that apparently Hasbro has given the 'go' sign for the producers to plan for five seasons instead of the usual two or three.
horizon
Protoform

Post by horizon »

Heh,
I have almost the same.

I loved G1, everything else was crap.

Beast Wars is still a big meh to me.

Animated has some really good designs after initial meh-ness.

The movie designs I really hated... and now I think they're the best...

G1 lost some flava after that.

Prime looks ok.