IDW solicitations for July

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
relak
Protoform

Post by relak »

Red Dave Prime wrote:Am I the only who likes the idea in More than Meets the Eye?

First off, I really like the cover image (and no, I dont think we have to worry about it being nemesis prime). But the idea that Megatron had a team to deal out military justice is a fun one. Should be interesting to see who ends up in the group.

Re: Fan Favourites - Had the misfortune of checking out the IDW forums and I'm not surprised that any "original" IDW character gets showered with immediate praise over there. I'm an easy enough person to please but the crowd over there only seem able to gush praise onto anything IDW put out.
I thought the "Phase sixers" like Sixshot and Overlord were just such a team?

(Personally I would prefer it to be nemesis prime rather than some new characters that were made at the author's whim......like Drift
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

Hard to tell where exactly the story will be by that point but a certain wannabe Decepticon may find it interesting to come face to face with an actual Decepticon.
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

The phase sixers are exactly what the name suggests - they are the sixth stage in world conquest and are used to cause global destruction. This should be something different. In the early Furman work, there is a definite (if unexplored) military command structure to the Decepticon forces and it would make sense that Megatron would have a squad specifically for dispensing Justice. I'm hoping there's some interplay with Magnus as well.

Nemisis Prime wouldnt work for the following reasons:

1 - He's not a decepticon
2 - He's Dead
3 - He doesnt seem to have met Megatron at any point - He's gone by Megatron Origins and Megatron is not really involved in the Dead Universe arc.
der2

Post by der2 »

I'd love to see if this revenge force included Lugnut, don't cross Megatron!! And I'd love to see him cross over into the G1 universe.
Terome

Post by Terome »

inflatable dalek wrote:Wait, didn't someone (Terome?) mention recently that the best bit of Alignment was Grimlock declaring he likes to sit in chairs? It's obviously continuing Furman's Chair Agenda and means everything is canon.
This is clearly a clue that Megatron and Grimlock are brothers. They hang out all the time and discuss optional positions into which they can put their bodies. The logical progression of this revelation is that Furman is going to drop an incest slash-bomb on us.

Is the chair supposed to be made of Dinobots? And what is his left leg doing?
Am I the only who likes the idea in More than Meets the Eye?
I think it's a naff idea on the surface but don't doubt that Roberts can do something entertaining with it.

Same with Turmoil returning, actually. Turmoil is a dull character who only stands out because there are so few interesting Decepticons that anyone who wasn't a background thug was worth more attention by default. I don't give two figs about what he got up to in some bad comics, the idea of an undiminished warlord turning up in the RID story at the point where Decepticons are becoming sympathetic is one with some merit.
TLB80

Post by TLB80 »

Red Dave Prime wrote:Nemisis Prime wouldnt work for the following reasons:

1 - He's not a decepticon
2 - He's Dead
3 - He doesnt seem to have met Megatron at any point - He's gone by Megatron Origins and Megatron is not really involved in the Dead Universe arc.
Huh, I'd totally forgotten that's what Furman had renamed Nova Prime.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Red Dave Prime wrote:Re: Fan Favourites - Had the misfortune of checking out the IDW forums and I'm not surprised that any "original" IDW character gets showered with immediate praise over there. I'm an easy enough person to please but the crowd over there only seem able to gush praise onto anything IDW put out.
The IDW message board is full of suck ups (and that is what they are) who want you to think if a Transformers comic has the IDW logo on the cover that is written and drawn by certain creators then it must be good, (even though some of same creators haven't put out a good comic in decades or ever). They do this because they must suck up to the publisher, editors, EiC, and creators who occasionally bother to post there.

The only negative reaction allowed there is after a book comes out and fails to deliver. But by then IDW has already gotten your money and you can't do a damn thing about it.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

The problem is thanks to the likes of Guidi, Figueroa and Roberts the fans posting there don't see themselves as posters but potential employees. They don't seem to realise that having talent, rather than sucking up, got the aforementioned into official TF work.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Cliffjumper wrote:The problem is thanks to the likes of Guidi, Figueroa and Roberts the fans posting there don't see themselves as posters but potential employees. They don't seem to realise that having talent, rather than sucking up, got the aforementioned into official TF work.
Sad, but true.
relak
Protoform

Post by relak »

Cliffjumper wrote:The problem is thanks to the likes of Guidi, Figueroa and Roberts the fans posting there don't see themselves as posters but potential employees. They don't seem to realise that having talent, rather than sucking up, got the aforementioned into official TF work.
waITaminit!!
THey got scouted on IDW forums??

I thought they just transfered over from Dreamwave.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

relak wrote:waITaminit!!
THey got scouted on IDW forums??
No.
relak
Protoform

Post by relak »

Cliffjumper wrote:No.
then why do you say that fans who post on IDW forums hope to get employed by IDW thanks to Guido and Don.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

They were fans with a high profile from their fan fics/art before becoming professionals, leading others to think they might get proper work out of it, but they're going about it the brown nosing way rather than talent.

How fair that is I don't know, the IDW forums scare me enough in other ways. They don't like Nick Roche there.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Grayfox
Protoform

Post by Grayfox »

relak wrote:then why do you say that fans who post on IDW forums hope to get employed by IDW thanks to Guido and Don.
Because that the only place where IDW crew talks with the fans, so they think, that if they suck up long enough...?

And yeah, some of the posters there... Gah. Still, I love to lurk there, to see how much more stupid it can get. Like that guy, who had a meltdown while trying to defend Continuum. Or those two guys who were pro Costa, saying "his ongoing is going somewhere, is going, going...!! WAIT IT DOESN'T?! I feel so betrayed by a comic book, and I'm 40! :<"
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

...edit never mind...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

inflatable dalek wrote:They were fans with a high profile from their fan fics/art before becoming professionals, leading others to think they might get proper work out of it, but they're going about it the brown nosing way rather than talent.
Bingo. Just because that's not how any of those actually got their gigs doesn't mean those on the IDW forums don't think that sucking up to company bods is the way forward. None of them are, say, going to call Ryall a talentless shit who couldn't run a nun-shoot in a nunnery while they entertain the fantasy that their story about how Soundwave and Blaster are totally brothers might get made one day. I dread to think how many PM pitches anyone official on those boards gets per day.
They don't like Nick Roche there.
Does non-Transformers stuff now, doesn't he? Subhuman scum, obviously not a true fan. He probably owns stuff that hasn't been approved by Hasbro.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Cliffjumper wrote:I dread to think how many PM pitches anyone official on those boards gets per day.
Which is especially daft when you factor in that they'll almost certainly have an official policy of not even looking at unsolicited submissions, with there only being so many ideas in the world they'd just be opening themselves up to all sorts of litigation. I mean, how many people must have had "Wreckers in an all action blood bath" ideas?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

inflatable dalek wrote:Which is especially daft when you factor in that they'll almost certainly have an official policy of not even looking at unsolicited submissions, with there only being so many ideas in the world they'd just be opening themselves up to all sorts of litigation. I mean, how many people must have had "Wreckers in an all action blood bath" ideas?
It's my understanding that is true with almost every major comic book publisher, unless they have a talent search, a contest, or something like that.
relak
Protoform

Post by relak »

inflatable dalek wrote:Which is especially daft when you factor in that they'll almost certainly have an official policy of not even looking at unsolicited submissions, with there only being so many ideas in the world they'd just be opening themselves up to all sorts of litigation. I mean, how many people must have had "Wreckers in an all action blood bath" ideas?
I thought they will only run into trouble if the originator of that idea decides to sue.

I know many comic fans who would kill just to have their idea in a marvel book with only a teeny "inspired by" credit without taking a single cent from it.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

And what if they change their mind a little way down the line?