RID - The Ultimate Collection

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Quadpredacus

RID - The Ultimate Collection

Post by Quadpredacus »

So I recently went through and purchased every series of transformers up until Prime, since that was the last one I watched, and realized that I couldn't find the dvd releases of RID ANYWHERE. I have been trying to track down The Ultimate Collection or some equivalent means of owning all 39 episodes to no avail. Does anyone have any insight as to why this is or where I could possibly get my hands on some copies? even the depths of ebay have yielded nothing...

Edit: sorry guys, I should have been more specific, I'm looking for the 2001 RID cartoon, not the current, aligned continuity one.
"The Autobots lose! Evil triumphs! And you... you no longer exist!"
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I'm surprised by this - suppose it depends where you are in the world. I think the UK has had this released about 4 times over. Er, assuming you're meaning the original 2001 show. As far as the 2015 version goes, I think there's just been a Season 1 release in the US and over here in the UK, we've just had individual releases with four or so episodes on. Have to say, I couldn't stick with it. Nicely animated and I like the character models, but it just didn't grab me in the same way Prime did.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

My GUESS and that what it is a guess is that since the first 3 seasons of the show on Netflix while the stuff with the combiners that is not on Netflix last time I checked (at least in the USA now in other countries I don't know) and the trend seems to be moving away from physical media (IE books, comics, CDs, DVDs and Blu-Rays) to streaming media and Hasbro might be thinking that they can make more money from Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Apple, Microsoft, Sony, and the rest of the major streaming media platforms than on DVDs and Blu-Rays.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I know old RID only got released on DVD in the UK rather than the US for some long forgotten reason. Amusingly to the British rights distributor it's a constant source of money for old rope.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

inflatable dalek wrote:I know old RID only got released on DVD in the UK rather than the US for some long forgotten reason. Amusingly to the British rights distributor it's a constant source of money for old rope.
It was a rights thing. Disney apparently got the rights from Saban for some reason and has done jack with them
DDog
Protoform

Post by DDog »

Unicron wrote:It was a rights thing. Disney apparently got the rights from Saban for some reason and has done jack with them
Well it could be due to Disney owning Saban for a bit (this was also the reason the Power Rangers appeared in the parks for a time).