So...are the Hasbro crossovers relevant?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Prowl1984

So...are the Hasbro crossovers relevant?

Post by Prowl1984 »

Yo! I have returned....with a question!

I'm re-reading MTME and RiD as I fell waaaay behind with my TF comic purchases. I read about as far as Titans Return last time and I'm nearing that point again.

So, what are all these crossovers about then? Do I have to read Revolution and Visionaries and the like or can I read up to Unicron without it making any difference to the main narrative? Because, to be honest, I couldn't give two tugs of a dead dogs cock about G.I Joe.
Denyer

Re: So...are the Hasbro crossovers relevant?

Post by Denyer »

I didn't and didn't read RID/OP/Unicron either apart from happening to catch glimpses occasionally. MTMTE/LL plus the Wreckers books wraps things up well enough, and although it's a bit of a squib in some respects it does gives the continuity a fair send off.

Am rather enjoying the new book, contrary to expectations. If you try it be warned it isn't exactly fast-moving.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I've no idea about the crossovers. An odd attempt to make us interested in long-dead properties like M.A.S.K., ROM and Visionaries, which hardly set the world on fire the first time around. AFAIK, it was an attempt to do an MCU shared universe thing, but with a line of licensed comics no-one is particularly interested in. The MTMTE Revolutions issue is probably all you want to bother with. And that's only because James Roberts uses the Scavengers to take the piss out of the whole enterprise.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I'd have had some interest in Visionaries and MASK, had they not been reinventions (just more mature takes on the material) and not fed into a crossover.
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

Yeah M.A.S.K could have worked as a crossover had they made out that M.A.S.K had adapted cybertronian tech to make their vehicles but alas... that's cool, I'll just stick to the main books. Thanks guys!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I don't think anyone gave much of a hoot about the crossovers. MTMTE/LL work fine without them, OP/Unicron are nice interpretive performance art if you've not read them.