Requiem of the Wreckers...where can I get it??

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Prowl1984

Requiem of the Wreckers...where can I get it??

Post by Prowl1984 »

Hey all, long time no post.

So I've been chipping away at the IDWverse for a while now (barring Hasbro crossovers) and I'm drawing near to the end. However I've hit a bit of a roadblock with the final Wreckers entry in that I can't seem to get hold of a paperback copy anywhere in the UK. It's all just digital listings. Can anyone help me out?
Skyquake87
Protoform

Re: Requiem of the Wreckers...where can I get it??

Post by Skyquake87 »

I was going to suggest the Wreckers Saga Trade, as that's got all 3 Wreckers stories in it, but it seems to be insanely rare already. Which is funny, as it's got a printing error leaving 1 page with no dialogue balloons. The Hachette partwork might be your best bet now.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

It was short-printed with the hardback coming out soon after. I think I ordered it from Australia at the time, plus a back-ordered copy from a small UK store that ultimately also turned up and went into a TFN raffle. It meant Nick couldn't get a box of them for the convention and got question after question about it. Just one of the ways the end of the IDW run got fumbled.

As suggested you might be best going after the "Definitive G1" reprint. There's a copy going on eBay right now for less than you'd pay for Requiem, listed just by title.

More recently IDW seems to have given up with normal TPBs with its new TF series -- just digital, singles and hardbacks -- which removes the usual option for latecomers finding a series and growing the audience because nobody's going to get a forty quid hardback out of casual interest.
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

Ah dammit. That's a shame, I saw the full saga edition for about £50, steep but may have to. Doesn't look like there'll be a reprint then?
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

I picked up the Ebay copy, real shame that it'll stick out like a sore thumb on my shelf but at least I can finish it. I've signed up for several stock notifications for the full saga edition so I guess I'll just have to keep an eye out! Thanks for the assist guys
Lightindarkness
Protoform

Post by Lightindarkness »

Love anything with the Wreckers featuring in IDW. Guaranteed an intriguing ride ...
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Hey Prowl, did you enjoy Requiem of the Wreckers? It took me a while and I was rather nonplussed, especially after Last Stand of the Wreckers which felt like being hit with a club hammer, but I have eventually come to kind of love Requiem. Sins I still don't have too much care for, but I think I'll get into it eventually.

One thing I'd really like now is for Nick Roche or James Roberts to do some almost Spotlight bits about some of the robots who had smaller parts (Oo-er) in the series, like Kick Off or Windbreaker. Needless now, so many years later but I'd still love to read 'em.

[Edit] Oh hell, and ex-Wreckers as well. I always wanted to know what happened to Wrack n' Ruin, and Crest who apparently was a Wrecker leader prior to Impactor. There was another couple of guys as well I think; Springer made reference to them when talking about the only three reasons that make you leave the Wreckers - death, dishonourable discharge and something else... madness I think, which was represented by Blocker (who was replaced by Sandstorm), and Guzzle who went completely doo-lally.