Transformers UK AtoZ and Letter Pages + Hello

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
destron1001
Protoform

Transformers UK AtoZ and Letter Pages + Hello

Post by destron1001 »

Hello, Its been several years since I visited this site and forum (so long ago that I forgot my password and needed to create a new account).

Its good to see a website and community of fans staying strong for so many years (In my country our TF community couldn't do it)

I recently reread the Marvel UK comics series (half from Trades - mostly Titan's and the 'new' IDW Classic UK ones) and I found myself greatly enjoying the Letter Pages, especially Soundwave and Grimlock, whom ever wrote those was brilliant.

Those got me thinking about the Meta-World those letters exist in, and I started to write an article of sorts about it based on the information presented by the letter pages host and the information in the opening pages blurb on how that Meta-World function and what it means to the story in the comics.

Sadly as I don't have access to the individual issues #232-332 the article is on pause.

I got Stuart Webb great Transformation books (vol.1 & 2) and the wonderful Transform and Roll Out book by Ryan Frost, for the content and maybe get more information on the letter pages (I highly recommend all three books). The books had lots of interesting information but little on what I needed for the article.

During the writing of the article I also used the information in the AtoZ profiles, they were similar to the ones in Transformers Universe Mini Series but shorter and so, different.

I was hoping, if anyone here has a copy of issues #319, 321, 327, 328 and 1991 Annual, to tell me what is written on the AtoZ profiles in those issues?

they were on:
Fangry, Siren, Pounce, Repugnus and Jazz

and if you know of a way, beside 'hunting' over 100 issues, to read the letter pages and opening blurbs of those issues

Thanks in advance

Alan
Clay

Re: Transformers UK AtoZ and Letter Pages + Hello

Post by Clay »

Mr. Dalek will be your best bet. I don't think he checks the forum frequently anymore, but I'll let him know his knowledge is required.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Profiles for those four issues + the annual:

https://imgur.com/a/i4MTT9a

Intro and letter pages for those four issues:

https://imgur.com/a/LLXWVM5

Will message you.
destron1001
Protoform

Post by destron1001 »

Wow, thank you very much

I see that they (Marvel UK) kept Sirens Headmaster status (like the American profile) and missed the fact (as they did in the Universe profiles) that Repugnus first appeared in the Headmasters series.

I'll view the massage
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Beaten to it.

Glad you got what you were after.