Guns [of Autobots vs. what Ultra Magnus had]

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Lord Zarak

Guns

Post by Lord Zarak »

Do you think that Ultra Magnus had a bit of a crappy gun when compared to other Autobots?
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

well in terms of his size yeah cos hes a pretty big target, hes gotta protect himself somehow, but in terms of the other autobots not really.

now what would have been funny if he had one the comparative size of the "noisy cricket" from men in black and wheelie pulled out one bigger than himself.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

It was a little small, yeah. I use mine as a gun for Pretender Bumblebee's shell. It looks better on him. Plus, I don't even have a Magnus, so I'm not too sure where the gun came from. Still, the gun itself is nice.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

What tended to irk me about Ultra Magnus was the fact that he had these two nifty missile launchers on the side of his arms... and he never ever used them!

How many times did he face Galvatron (in the comics), get his ass kicked, and NEVER use his missiles? that really is a ludicrous waste of firepower.

You know what's even more ludicrous? the G1 Autobot cars. I'm talking Jazz, Prowl, Smokescreen, Hound... all those type of guys.

They were packing a colossal amount of heat! Shoulder mounted rocket launchers the size of themselves, each and every one of them. I don't care what kind of Decepticon you are, Shockwave, Megatron, Galvatron, whatever. If some bot fires one of these things at you, then by rights its gonna rip into you like a nasty curry.

And did they ever use them? DID THEY EVER???? Pfffffffff...

Such a chronic, sickening soul destroying waste of all that was good and violent for a kid. If I was ever in trouble, say with a huge decepticon, or the bank, I'd just call the G1 cars. Tell them to suit up, and collectively the lot of them could nuke france easily.

"I swear I saw Soundwave in Paris, I swear I did".
Springer145

i agree

Post by Springer145 »

BTW, even though he wasn't in the cartoon, you think Power Master Prime's rifles were a bit...huge...? Those would have been nice to have. Also, how often did Soundwave use his shoulder mounted launcher? I can't remember but I know it was respectable.

Xbox 360 gamertag: Skyfall865
Warcry

Re: i agree

Post by Warcry »

Originally posted by Springer145
BTW, even though he wasn't in the cartoon, you think Power Master Prime's rifles were a bit...huge...?

Come to think of it, he was quite a bit overgunned. Rember the huge@$$ shoulder-mounted cannons he had? His Battlestation mode probably outgunned all of the first year Deceps put together. I guess that's to compensate for his small robot mode not being able to lift any ot the guns he came with off the ground.
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Originally posted by Windcharger
What tended to irk me about Ultra Magnus was the fact that he had these two nifty missile launchers on the side of his arms... and he never ever used them!

Grimlock The Hero, and the Quintesson episode where they capture them ;)
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

Good point...when I had him as a toy, I always used to fire his shoulder rockets, and they were cool. But not used in the comic/cartoon? Thats a waste as Windy says.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

My apologies to Mr. U. Weapon,

I haven't really seen that many of the G1 cartoon eps yet, though I am working through them (just got up to 'Autobot Spike' at time of writing), so Magnus hasn't even entered into it yet.

Still though, Magnus was really the type of guy who used his fists in the UK comic. He was too hard (or stupid) to resort to his little gun. In fact, if you were to read his first one-on-one with Galvatron (which was superbly excellent by the way) in 'Target: 2006', he used just his fists and his headlights to take on the God-powered future Decep' leader.

What a crazy kid he was. Wish he could've gotten back for a full scale 'Volcano' scrap-o-thon with Springer and the boys.

Mmmm, that would've made for some good reading. :)