-poll deleted-

Yes
No votes
No
No votes

Total votes: 0

numbat

Post by numbat »

If you're interested in a comparison with an alternator/binaltechy-fellow in the photo, I could easily take one to compliment your photo-shoot. My white panels should be large enough, and he's always out on display with BT-Tracks anyhoo (and currently as Alt Prime infront of him, in transit [to the box with most of my collection] since he got kicked from his display spot in favour of Classics UM & Skywarp).

I use the same boards for all my photos, and will be taking some of the Classics Dinobots soon (probably Monday or Tuesday, as am away for a Reptile Conservation conference this weekend).

So...

Just let me know!

;)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Hi - git back a day late from Scottish Reptile & Amphibian Conservation Conference, so will be taking photos for Classics Mini-Con Dinobots tomorrow now (for upcoming review).

Would you like me to take any photos of MP-04 while I'm at it?

:)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Also items on eBay.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Sure, but I'll try to take some tonight myself.

Gotta take those photos of the MD Shockwave anyway, so I might as well take those too.
numbat

Post by numbat »

;)

I was only gonna take a couple with alternators in for size comparisons anyhoo. I'm looking forward to seeing the guy without a slight;y wonky chest! lol!

Also items on eBay.
numbat

Post by numbat »

I've taken a flurry of photos with MP-04 and BT Tracks and Alt. Prime, and you can pick and choose if you want any.

First up is the trailer in base mode with Tracks.
Attachments
mp04withtracks1.jpg
mp04withtracks1.jpg (178.49 KiB) Viewed 3400 times

Also items on eBay.
numbat

Post by numbat »

... the same, but this time with Alt. Prime...
Attachments
mp04withaltprime.jpg
mp04withaltprime.jpg (182.81 KiB) Viewed 3351 times

Also items on eBay.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Tracks riding out the back of the trailer (in trailer mode).
Attachments
mp04withtracks4.jpg
mp04withtracks4.jpg (181.09 KiB) Viewed 3363 times

Also items on eBay.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Top view of MP-04 in truck mode with Tracks alongside.
Attachments
mp04withtracks5.jpg
mp04withtracks5.jpg (100.87 KiB) Viewed 3367 times

Also items on eBay.
numbat

Post by numbat »

MP-04 in robot mode with BT Tracks in car mode...
Attachments
mp04withtracks2.jpg
mp04withtracks2.jpg (163.15 KiB) Viewed 3363 times

Also items on eBay.
numbat

Post by numbat »

... the same but with Alt. Prime.
Attachments
mp04withaltprime2.jpg
mp04withaltprime2.jpg (168.18 KiB) Viewed 3384 times

Also items on eBay.
numbat

Post by numbat »

MP-04 in robot mode with BT Tracks in robot mode...
Attachments
mp04withtracks3.jpg
mp04withtracks3.jpg (217.46 KiB) Viewed 3378 times

Also items on eBay.
numbat

Post by numbat »

... and, you guessed it! the same, but with Alt. Prime.

Hope that there's a photo in there you'd like for comparison porpoises... I certainly enjoyed taking them (I don't get Tracks off for playing with too often, due to his awkwardness really, and Convoy has sat in one pose for far too long, even if he is awaiting MP-05 and the final battle!), and it prompted a change of my display, so was worth it even if you'd rather not use any.

Attachments
mp04withaltprime3.jpg
mp04withaltprime3.jpg (131.07 KiB) Viewed 3376 times

Also items on eBay.
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

I finally got some photos...but looks like I could use a little help with the photo of Prime manning the base mode trailer - the thing is just too big, my cardboard sheets weren't big enough!

Robot mode

Vehicle mode

EDIT: I resume being unhappy with the way the Base mode photos turn up. Grrrrrr.
numbat

Post by numbat »

I think your base mode photo looks great.

Also items on eBay.
Gremlin
Protoform

Memories and Battle Damage

Post by Gremlin »

:) Always had some form pet,dogs,cats. Been having rats because
I don't want be unkind to friends. Would pick up a few robots,some
in vehicle mode,others. My Sweeties had a fondness for Hot shot amongst many. They'd roll em off the top of the kitchen cabinet,quite
frequently,giving the looks of...more. Durable little guy,got a little
damage on the roof panels. Land Bullet was dropped countless times.

They seemed to want to nibble at Skyfire's
laser rifle,wouldn't even know. Constructacons would be played wrestled with like exhibition wrestlers, Can still find the little preening
marks. Fun.:D
zeoman4.5

Post by zeoman4.5 »

I am working on it now should be done soon. The time frame is
within a week from now. This will need editing and any comments
are welcome.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Tetsuro: this is your last chance to finish the review. Have it done before the 24th and it can go up with the rest of the updates. Otherwise, I'm just going to lock this and delete it at a later date.
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

So THAT's why this review hasn't been put up yet. I had totally forgotten to include a score! :wall:

Transformation: 9/10 - Complex but relatively easy to master. Certainly nowhere as time-consuming as Masterpiece Megatron.
Durability: 7/10 - The trailer feels rather flimsy, but Prime himself is durable as a brick; the ease at which the shoulder logo and die cast paint chips and scratches, on his torso in particular, drop the score severely. Mine is already full of spots with the dark grey die cast exposed.
Fun: 9/10 - It's rather difficult to call this "fun", since Masterpieces are closer to collectables than toys. However, the trailer adds a huge deal in the fun factor, thanks to the whole aspect of being able to interact with Binaltechs/Alternators.
Price: 5/10 - Almost twice the price for the addition of...trailer? No wonder so many people have opted to go for the bootleg version, despite my personal opinion that the giant stickers make it look awfully tacky. At least the official trailer has storage slots for all of Prime's accessories.
Overall: 8/10 - Hmmm. If you already own the original version, I can't really say this is worth the update. If not...well, the red paint on his torso chips so ridicilously easy, but having never owned the original version, I can't say how different it is.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Mine has recently suffered some severe falls, and survived fine, with few scratches anywhere except the smokestacks.

Pretty solid chap!

Megs, on the otherhand, came away with more chips (on the plastic parts, oddly!).

Also items on eBay.
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

Originally posted by numbat
Mine has recently suffered some severe falls, and survived fine, with few scratches anywhere except the smokestacks.

Pretty solid chap!

Megs, on the otherhand, came away with more chips (on the plastic parts, oddly!).
My Prime seems to get chipped no matter how careful I am. As a matter of fact, I'm trying to figure out what paint shall I use to patch up those ugly spots on him.

Megatron, in the other hand...my fingertips sustain more damage than Megs every time I transform him. :D