Problem? Question? Suggestion? Post it here.
RUNAMOK
Protoform

Post by RUNAMOK »

Ever since the board changed appearance I have had some problems with constantly needing to log in again. After leaving the forums main page for some minutes, when I return I have to log in again. This ocours, even if I have just been in the chat. Also I have to log in when I enter the chat, otherwise I can't use it. Can anyone tell me if there is anything to do about thiese log in problems?

Also a little question on the new look, why do some forums use autobot rubsymbols wile other use decepticon ones?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Are you ticking the "remember me" box when you log into the forum? Are cookies (from this domain, in general, etc) allowed in your browser? Which browser and version are you using? Any unusual all-in-one antivirus/internet applications?

The chat isn't part of the forum. It can no longer pick up a login directly from the forum cookie because the vBulletin developers changed the login routine -- hence an additional password request being required once you're logged into the forum. It seems to work alright in current versions of IE, Firefox and Opera -- haven't tested it with anything older or anything Mac.

A 'Con rubsign gets used when there are new posts in a forum that's locked. Which the creative forum is (but it's a container for subforums that aren't.)
changed appearance
Different version of the software entirely, about five years more recent.
RUNAMOK
Protoform

Post by RUNAMOK »

What ever the problem was, it seems that its has disapeared now. I haven't been forced to log in all day.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Don't know whether it made any difference, but I set the checkbox for "remember me" to default to ticked a day ago...