[Original RPG] End of the Line: Riptide (Nemesis)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

End of the Line: Riptide (Nemesis)

Post by Warcry »

Traitorous communications officer Soundwave has been freed from imprisonment and is about to rejoin the main Decepticon force. However, the defector Dirge has been captured, and has taken his place in the brig. As some Decepticons plot to take advantage of this intrigue, others train for battles yet to come. However, the dilligent technical staff is hard at work upgrading the sunken warship's armour and defences.

The command staff are growing in arrogance, though, as construction of Gigatron's masterful superweapon nears completion in deep space.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Airlock

Octopunch took a moment to consult with his shell's sensors before he answered Hammer. Although he already knew the answer, he felt like making the Micromaster squirm for a few seconds. After all, he was as competant a technician as any of them, and he didn't like the contemptuous tone in the smaller Decepticon's voice.

Just because I'd rather be smashing stuff doesn't mean I'm not any good at this.

"It goes well," he said. "The drones have completed the armour refits, and have moved on to the weapons systems."

With a groan, he keyed in a series of commands to a wall-mounted comm panel.

"I'm sending you their efficiency numbers right now."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Wingspan leaned heavily against a crate labelled "Chic Chips."

"Oh s-slag , not quite what i expected."

He pried open a crate and picked out a box peering at the back
He read out

"Domination , an exciting thrilling game. Take command of the Polycons and pilot them to World domination. "

He let out a strangled sound

"A veritable thrill ride I couldn't put it down, Iaacon Examiner **"

He looked over at the Micromaster

"w-why would he go to so m-much trouble to conceal t-this junk."
Rollerdash
Protoform

Post by Rollerdash »

"Oh Snap!"

-Ragnorok trys swirving to the right but the blast hits him and flips him over-

*Ragnorok Transforms*

-He gets up, pride slightly brused-

"Alright Flywheels, do you think you can stop fighting yourself and focus on Skull boy over here! Fly and bank to the right, fire uppon his back side, I'll attack from the front."
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

Holodeck

Flywheels pulled himself to a prone position and slowly pulled his heat seeking laser rifle from subspace, the Duocon crouched down on the deck and placed an optic in the rifle's sight.

Data streamed through the rifle's scope, detailing distance, trajectory and elevation. Flickering in the centre of the crosshairs danced the swordsmaster Bludgeon.

We're way ahead of you Ragnarok...

Flywheels gently squeezed the trigger, sending a stream of precision laser fire aimed at Bludgeon's sword arm.
Rollerdash
Protoform

Post by Rollerdash »

"hu?"

Ragnorok saw what flywheels was trying to do. He draws his sword and Runs for Bludgeon, attempting to strike after the blast hit him.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Holodeck:

Bludgeon: -steps to the side, blast burning across his right arm pauldron, turning slightly to face Ragnarok, bringing katana up to block his swing, snapping his right foot up at Ragnarok's face, left arm coming up, electropulse cannon roaring at Flywheels-
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Constructors' Lab

Hammer folded his arms and, with his free fingers, drummed impatiently on his armor plating while waiting for the figures to come in. In spite of Octopunch's respectable diction, Hammer chose to interpret his delay as a buffoon's sloth rather than deliberate toying. In any case, he was soon busied with crunching numbers as they sped through his processor.

"Good, good," he commented. "Inform me when the weapon installations are 25% complete so we can begin software integration."

Secret Room

Stonecruncher continued to chortle and guffaw as he strolled up next to Wingspan with another datapad in hand, many others strewn carelessly about the floor.

"Haw haw! Check this out, I found his diary: 'Ultimately, the big question is, who am I? Sometimes I don't even know...' Haw! What a sap! Waittill the mechs get wind a' this!"

The Micromaster's laughter continued for some time, and eventually he leaned against a crate with a satisfied sigh.

"So what should we do with all this junk? Jettison it into the sea? We got a whole room here that's goin' to waste."
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Cyclonus turned and looked at Scorpinok

"It would seem that my previous alliegence to Lord Galvatron has become a sticking point with our current leadership "
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Airlock

Octopunch double-clicked his comlink in response to Hammer's instructions, then closed the channel.

Note to self: eat the dwarf as soon as he falls out of favour.

Bridge

"So it would seem, Cyclonus," Scorponok said with a grunt. "But our leader can be...capricious at times. Within a week, you'll probably be back in favour."

The city commander let out a low growl at that thought, although whether it was in reference to Gigatron's mercurial nature, the chance that Cyclonus would regain his prestige, or something else totally unrelated was impossible to tell.
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Bridge

"mmm yes well, Untill such time it would seem that I am so stay on this bridge watching this infernal monitor, while my skills as the decepticons most superior aerial warrior are wasted. "

in frustration Cyclonus hunched over the console. starting at the screen, but really looking at his own thoughs instead
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Wingspan looked thoughtful.

"maybe we could use the junk , these old pads have multi levels of programming maybe we could encrypt a few and let the Bots capture them, make therm waste some time and energon on them."
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Hatemonger overheard Cyclonus and Scorponok while watching the monitors in front of his optics when he rose his voice.

"Then why don't you go assist our warriors in battle than sitting in front of that monitor? You are perfectly capable of making your own decsions about when and where to fight." Hatemonger said a bit of respect in his voice for a warrior complaining of being bored rather than the usual whining.

Medbay

Cryotek saw the Constructors were in the med-bay.

"If you want to assist by watching his systems and administering fuel and fluids that would be fine by me." He said working on Soundwave's CPU programming.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Dirge sat in the back of his cell, considering the predicament he was now in. Yes, it'd been an interesting trip indeed - one moment he's on the battle field as normal, next he's an Autobot Prisoner, then somehow he winds up helping them infultrate one of his old bases, and finally he's captured by his once comrads. How quickly things happened nearly left his head spinning..

The Autobots had left him, that much was obvious to him. With the calmed activity levels they must have escaped, but it didn't seem like they were going to come back for him. And really, why should they? But still yet his thoughts were on them, on Hound, Aero Blade, those younglings, the medics and mechanics even though they annerved him with the attention he was given... So many had looked at him like a possible menace, but so many had also given such kindness to him, despite what he'd done to them..

Some time ago Dirge had decided that he would never again be a good soldier for the Decepticons. Now, after having been among them, any thoughts of attacking one of the Autobots made his spark convulse illy. Even if they were to reprogram him, if he had no memories being anywhere near the Autobots, that feeling would remain to haunt him...

So what now... Dirge considered, giving a slight sigh as he continued to stare at the floor of his cell.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Constructors' Lab

Hammer continued to drum on his arm at the response.

Note to self: dismantle that lug when he stops being useful.

Eternally the workaholic, Hammer returned to his bench and uploaded the information to his desk computer, preparing more thorough analysis and comparison of the figures for his project report.

Medbay

Knockout seemed a bit jittered from his thoughts by being abruptly addressed, but he answered Cryotek with a pleased nod.

"We'd be delighted," he chirped as he jumped from his seat and across the floor.

"Yea', thrilled," Sledge added sardonically.

Knockout paid his cynical partner no mind as he climbed Soundwave's table and shuffled over to the statarray. Sledge followed in his good time and began prep procedures on the energon dispenser.

Needlenose's Storeroom

Stonecruncher grinned at Wingspan beneath his faceplate and delivered a friendly shove to the Clone's side.

"That's our Spanner, always thinkin'! Heck, maybe even stuff some explosives in there, give some poor 'Bot techhead a headache. Ah? Am I right?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

"i l-like how you think , if we do it right w-wont realise its a trap even if find explosives , will think its there to protect data, cant wait, seeing some Bot lughead trying to work out how we encrypted info into pic of Arcee."

chuckles.

"c-could even field t-test idea on P-pounce."
Rollerdash
Protoform

Post by Rollerdash »

Ragnarok took the blow to the chin harder then he thought

"Aw man, you're better then I thought."

Ragnarok withdrew his shoulder cannon, and in turn moved it to his arm.

"Flywheels disengage overtop of him, have Wheels land on him"

Ragnarok raised his arm and fires a blast at Bludgeon, and then ran after Him, hoping he can only guard one of them.

(occ: We cant rely hurt one another in the holodeck can we? I don't wanna put someone out of commission ^^.)
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

Holodeck

Flywheels buried himself into the bot made groove in the deck, Bludgeon's cannon fire scorching his back as it singed past the prone Duocon.

"Well that didn't work you idiot!"

"What do you suggest Shockwave, nuke him?

"Hit him with the rifle!!"

"Nice..."

Flywheels jumped up from the trench and quite simply ran at Bludgeon, his rifle raised over his head like a Cybertronian gladiator of old in the futile hope of hitting the swordsmaster with his rifle butt.

Brig

Ruckus idled past the holding cells to see if he was scheduled on the duty roster any time soon.

I hate guard duty

To his delight in one of the holding cells sat the traitor Dirge, the former Decepticon seemed deep in thought, probably contemplating his possible fate at the hands of his former comrades.

"Well look at what we have here, if isn't the sixth Aerialbot?"

Ruckus spat a glob of lubricant at the force field seperating the two warriors, the resulting crackle of electricity illuminating the leering Triggercon's face.

I think I'm going to enjoy guard duty
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Dirge looked up quickly when he heard the crackle of electricity, noting Ruckus's presence, but otherwise didn't react much - worry and depression had dulled him to a mostly emotionless state quite a while ago. After a moment he returned to staring at the floor of his cell, as though it was of actual interest, or just merely his automatic spot to look at for the time being.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge

Scorponok's glare shifted over to the newly-arrived Hatemonger.

"If he had left," the city commander said, "there would have been no one left to monitor the bridge."

Medbay

With Cryotek and the Constructors around to monitor Soundwave, Bugly quietly slipped out the door and headed back towards the brig.