[Original RPG] Detente: To Reign In Hell (Polyhex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Hatemonger heard Scorponok's warning.

"I've faced Prime before and his comrades are cowards. Who are they to involve Autobots in Decepticon matters!?" The General growled readying himself for a fight.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

The Grease Pits

Blitzwing paused for a few moments, practically thunderstruck by Megatron’s prospect for the future.

Admittedly, it almost sounded appealing to Blitzwing, which ashamed him. He glanced over to Astrotrain for a moment, his look almost apologetic, then turned away.

But, he did not immediately return his gaze to Megatron, instead averting his eyes to the ground.

“Heh, you pander to my weakness,” Blitzwing finally replied. “You paint a lovely picture. Though I am not completely won over just yet, but I am curious." He looked up. "So, ‘fearless one’, how do you intend to usurp Gigatron with so few in numbers?”
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The Grease Pits

Megatron smiled slightly at Blitzwing's question, one side of his mouth curling upward.

"I take it you haven't tuned in to the military frequency recently?" The Decepticon commander gestured south-eastward with the barrel of his railgun, toward Darkmount. "As it happens, I don't have to do very much. The entire city is in an uprising. Gigatron's forces are slaughtering innocent civilians and are proving to be laughably incapable of containing this fiasco. The question you should be asking isn't where will I get the troops to usurp Gigatron. Instead you should be asking whether anyone at all will try to stop me when I declare myself the true leader of the Decepticons and order Gigatron into exile."

Megatron shrugged, then started to walk toward a small outbuilding that had been a part of the same complex as the warehouse he'd just demolished. "If you two want to have a place in the new Decepticon order, follow me."

Astrotrain watched his receding back for a few seconds, then glanced toward Blitzwing. Then, with a stony expression on his face, the Decepticon admiral followed Megatron.

Polyhex Streets

"I think the time for stealth has passed," Smokescreen told Topspin as Prime charged off to engage the Decepticons. "Get there as fast as you can. Sunstreaker should be in functional condition. Tell him what's happening, then get back here as quickly as you can. If he's willing to fight, we'll need all the help we can get."
Chip1123
Protoform

Polyhex Streets

Post by Chip1123 »

"Will do Prime. Be back before you know it..." Topspin said he changed direction and headed off towards Sunstreaker's last known location- the power plant - and opened a com link to the former autobot. "Streaker, I don't know if you can receive this, but I am headed your way fast. We got a lot of hostiles in the area, be advised."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Near the remains of The Black Nova

Loader had been pouring round after round at any sigil-bearing Decepticon he could see out front of The Black Nova when the explosion tore through the rioters and put paid to the majority of them. Luckily for him, he was small enough to be shielded from the main blast by many much bigger bodies; unluckily, his shape was against him.

Shedding weapons, he hit the ground and rolled...

...until he came up against a very firmly placed set of legs and looked upwards.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Streets

His beautiful airframe! Interceptor groaned, raising one arm and observing the conspicuous dents. And his personal livery...!

Uh, ohhhh. There was a pistol in his face...

"Hey, you. What's that thingy you got there? and where you comin' from in such a hurry?"

Interceptor raised his optics from the ominous threat, so at odds with the questions. Lowering his arm, he felt something blocky under his fingers and realised that, as he had crashed, it had become jarred from subspace. "It's a multi-recording stack box," he replied carefully (respect the gun respect the gun). "I was just hoping to escape the mess here and, you know, set up somewhere else?" After a short pause, he added, "I'm just a radiobot!"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
redman prime

A fair bit from the Nova

Post by redman prime »

"A radiobot, you say?" Fapro slightly lowered the pistol, enough to make it feel a bit less aggresive but still held it trained on the mech in front of him. "I suppose you are recording all these goings-on and plan on giving names and deeds of all that's said and done here today, eh?" The pistol was raising ever so slightly, as was Fapro's tone.

OR maybe this is the just the ticket to turn this whole city into a frenzy!
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Polyhex Streets:

Prime: -rolls to a halt, transforms, optics narrowing- "Scorponok and Hatemonger. I should have known. Only you two would massacre your own people like this."

Ironhide: -comes up next to Prime, transforms, blaster pistol in his left hand, energo-axe in his right- "Y'know, ya do need ta give yer new body a field test."

Prime: "And these two are certainly deserving targets." -neural triggers firing-

Prime's trailer: -coming apart behind him, reforming around him, Roller shifting and reconfiguring, covering his chest, panels shifting and connecting around his head-

Powermaster Optimus Prime: -both twin barrel shoulder cannons swivelling up, a heavy laser rifle in each hand- "You both have one chance. Cease this killing spree and return to Darkmount..... or face the consequences."

(OOC: If you're wondering exactly what he looks like, look at the Powermaster Prime pages in Transformers: The Ultimate Guide)
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Hatemonger watched as Prime transformed with a lack of interest.

"You have a few more guns Prime. Big deal. The slaughter of the innocent you say. What business do you have in the affairs here!?" The General yelled transforming into his robot mode. His red optics flaring.

"The transformers were punished by our law, Decepticon law!. They rioted and were punished as such." Hatemonger growled then aimed both of his fusion cannons at Ironhide. Maybe this Prime was stronger but his comrades were the same weak fools as before and he knew Prime would be smart enough to realise this or at the very least would not want to risk his own mens lives.

"Leave now or I will harm that which you find dear. New body, new weapons fine but we have seen how Ironhide handles fusion cannon blasts before haven't we?" The General said coldly.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Polyhex Streets

"We should have more backup in a second," Smokescreen whispered to Ironhide as he came up beside the other Autobot, electrodisruptor rifle in hand. "Lets try not to get ourselves killed."

More loudly he said, "Ironhide's not alone, Hatemonger. You don't know how many men we've got here, but we know that there's only the two of you. Stand down."
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Hatemonger smiled at the Autobots threat.

"Autobot your a fool. I can contact Darkmount and know exaclty how many of you there are and where you are and don't think my engineers can't get this cities defenses up and running. Besides your rifle will have little effect on me while your ally here will have two large holes in his corpse." The General growled aiming at both of the Autobots and bringing his forearm rifle online as well as his other offensive systems.

"Cryotek give me a sit rep." The General asked the brillant Decepticon.

"Working as fast as I can here. I am trying to reroute power from other parts of Cybertron to our grid but this whole planet's grid is still pretty well slagged from the bloody Quints. But hopefully I will have everything back up sooner than later." Cryotek answered his hands flying on the keyboard.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Polyhex Streets

"Actually, I'm pretty sure you can't," Smokescreen told Hatemonger. "However good your engineers are, they can't build an entirely new power plant in the time it's going to take our force to disable you. Especially since the Constructicons and Hammer's crew are both out of commission. But we don't need to do this. Turn around, go home and let us pass, and no one else needs to die today."

Soundwave's Intel Base

Soundwave watched the confrontation through one of the many closed-circuit cameras he had scattered throughout the city. Despite his lack of a real face, his annoyance was obvious.

I didn't go to all this trouble to release that fool of a Prime just to see him killed in Polyhex's streets.

"Quickshot," he transmitted in code over the military frequency, "head to the coordinates I'm sending you and do whatever you have to do to get Hatemonger and Scorponok's attention."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Rooftop a short distance away:

Quickshot chuckled. "I hear you. And I think I know just what to do..."

Polyhex Streets:

Ironhide: -scowling- "Why don't you trah it, Decepticreep. Ah'm bettin' you ain't gonna lahke th' results."

Prime: "What's the matter, Hatemonger? Killing helpless protestors, then threatening to shoot somebody? Tsk, tsk."

Back to the rooftop:

Quickshot aimed at Scorponok and fired. Without seeing if the blast hit, he yelled out "DOWN WITH TYRANY!! DOWN WITH GIGATRON!!!!!!" and leapt off the roof.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Sunstreaker leaned against a building outside the compound as he waited. He held the wound on his side. He would need medical attention soon. He kept an optic out for any one around, making sure to stay hidden in the shadows.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
Chip1123
Protoform

Homing in on Sunstreaker

Post by Chip1123 »

Topspin used the nav beacon to home in on Sunstreaker. He saw gates ahead, but knew that wouldn't stop him. He accelerated and crashed through the gates, coming to a stop near where his nav beacon said Sunstreaker was.

"Streaker, where ya at? Prime and the others are about to face Scorponok and a decepticon general. We need to get back and offer support."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Streets

Interceptor's top lip rolled back in a cool sneer that would have done Elvis proud. "Not a Darkmount propaganda peddler - a radiobot," he said whitheringly as if the difference should have been patently obvious to the gun wielder (Fapro). "You know? The Wastelands are alive with the sound of music?"

He stood up boldly and declared, "The pirate station that incited this riot!"

----------------------------------------------------------

Loader identified who he had feteched up against: Scorponok. Luckily, the huge Decepticon, immune from the blast it seemed, was engaged in taunting Autobots... Optimus Prime!!!

The minibot did something sensible for once, and scrambled to his feet with the intention of transforming and getting away. As he did so, someone screamed out "Down with Gigatron!".
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Refinery

Chop Shop hovered in mid air

"I don't like this at all , power surges , riots it would neve rhave happened under Straxus or Megatron for that matter. Gigatron needs to put his foot down."
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Hatemonger scowled at the Autobots.

"Lucky for you there are things here that need to be taken care of." He said atfer seeing the rioter try to attack Scorponok.

"Leave now." Was all the General said turning his attention to the transformer that fired at the large scorpion.
redman prime

Those crazy streets

Post by redman prime »

"Who incited what riot?" Fapro waved his gun-free arm in the general direction that was Hell on Cybertron at the moment. "This was my revolution! One mech on a wall, and look where we've gone!"

Upon saying that, though, he realized that where he had gone was away from the front lines. Which was most likely a good thing for his own well being, as the vast majority of the rioters were dead or well on their way there.

"So." he let the word hang a second longer than it needed, to regain his composure. "Anyway you can broadcast out on that stacker boxer? make a signal that'll let the whole of Cybertron know that terror and tyranny are on the way out?"

Fapro's eyes took a strange gleam at the thought of his voice being carried to mechs everywhere, inciting the revolution that could jumpstart Cybertron back to what it used to be.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Streets

"My radio comments - my riot," Interceptor told Fapro, offended by the other's claims, gun or no gun. He hugged his stack box possessively against his cockpit. "And this is a recording device, not a slagging transmitter."

He caught the intensity with which Fapro was staring at him and, feeling uncomfortable, feigned indifference. "What's that to you?"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Polyhex Streets

Smokescreen watched as the random gunmech fired on Scorponok, then ducked away.

More of Soundwave's work, no doubt.

"If their own people are going to start shooting at them," he said to Prime loud enough for the Decepticons to hear, "we should leave them to it. Protecting innocent civilians is one thing, but we have no reason to defend armed revolutionaries. If they want to overthrow Gigatron by force, that's their business, not ours."

Despite the seemingly random nature of the rioting, the tactician was fairly certain that Soundwave and his allies were ultimately behind everything was happening -- if not creating it directly, than at the very least fanning the flames to make the situation even more volatile. He had no illusions that a revolution would bring freedom to Polyhex, although most of the rioters were probably naive enough to think it would.

More likely they'll be replacing one tyrant with another.