[Original RPG] Collapse: Imperium (Polyhex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Server Room

Diverting power from secondary systems containment level at 4%

Peak sensing Motormaster starting to drag him out of the room shot out his hand and grasped a stanchion.

"Two tyrannies facing off against each other, no holds barred, no quarter given or asked for..it would have been glorious...total war ,there will be another me out there who will experience it all ...i'm merely a copy of a copy of a copy...oh well I never wanted to live for ever."

Manual Overide engaged

Countdown to containment breech 15,14,13,12

"that's it then no choice but to end it in a blaze of fire."
Roadster

Post by Roadster »

Server Room

Motormaster shook off Peak after seeing a fire extinguishing cryo device amist the rubble. Motormaster thought trying to stop a gunbot's reactor with such was laughable but it was likely to give him the few overall extra seconds he would need.

After emptying the contents to his best ability inside Peak's chest. Motormaster drew upon the weapon he least liked. Now armed with Menasor's sword he went for the weakened Peak. Refusing to give up or to make what he viewed as mistakes. He had genuinely appreciated the imperial's words but the would be time for it later.

Should the cryo foam directly applied against his innards fail to put him in stasis lock or stop the explosive he figured Peak carried inside, should he fail to put the imperial in stasis lock. Should stasis lock fail to stop the device and should his own frame if else went wrong, not keep him alive. Motormaster figured he deserved to die. But whatever happened he'd meet it head on and with raucous laughter he attacked.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Server Room:

Quickshot: -scowls- "I do not get ppaid enough for this." -reaches out to grab Laserbeak, intending to beat feet down the hallway whether or not he can get ahold of the avian cassette-

Hangar Bay:

Thundercracker: -makes his way to the edge of the hole, aims down at Casemate amongst the debris of Nebulan odds, ends, and possibly body parts, opens fire with his arm cannons-

Club Isis:

Ravage: "I probably am the only one left. Main;y because I'm goood at what I do." -gesturing to his new body- "Though I don't look the way I used to."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Server Room

Peak collapsed writhing as the cryo foam froze his inside. Collapsing in pain he screamed.

"Primus help me."

He did not feel Motormaster's sword strokes as they sliced into him.

containment breech

As Peak lapsed into unconsciousness the containment field finally collapsed. The Imperial had been desperately trying to maintain containment as subconsciously he hadn't wanted to die. He had been hoping for an alternative a suggestion that might save him at the last minute. But now the choice was taken from him Motormaster's damage was so severe that without his conscious effort the system collapsed.

All that had been Peak his hopes , asprations, his sins and achievements disappeared in a flash of Nuclear fire.
Ungla Cracker

Post by Ungla Cracker »

Smelting Pool

Frenzy weighed up the options. It seemed to make sense, it didn’t seem like any of the other explosions were suicide bombs. Blitzwing seemed to be keeping the other Imperials engaged.

Still clutching the minicon tightly Frenzy approached the bomb. It was clear there wasn’t much time left before it went up.

Frenzy slammed Slug onto the ground. The minicon landed with a painful thud.

Frenzy withdrew his weapon and pointed it at the back of the small mechs head.

“So, do your stuff” he said calmly, his finger remained press against the trigger. If the little mech did try to set the thing off there should be enough time to blow a hole in the back of his head. Maybe Frenzy could sling the device into the Smelting Pool before it went off, the heat should melt the composites fast enough to keep them from reacting.

Should……..

------------------------------------------------------------------

Medbay

Rumble struggled up to the medbay door. His leg had now completely seized up and he was beginning to lose power, his central diagnostic told him that a power coupling was broken somewhere in his center torso.

Judging by the state of the place a fierce battle had taken place. Rumble just hoped there was somebody left alive to repair him. Rumble bashed the entry button but the door failed to open, another casualty from the battle. Manually he wrenched the door open.

Rumble looked at the medbay it was a complete mess. Some lime green and purple mechs were repairing the damage.

“HEY! Somebody get me some slagging repairs!” Rumble shouted.

Wait a minute Rumble had to double take.

“The, the Constructicons. How in slag, what the slagging eh?” he rubbed his optics perhaps he was malfunctioning.

He took two steps back,

“but your all DEAD?”
Roadster

Post by Roadster »

Sorry for rushed post.....

Somewhere in Darkmount

Wildrider hadn't thought he'd see all five Stunticons under these circumstances and quite this much time after being imprisoned in an Autobot facility. But his optics hadn't failed him before on things like this and they were not likely to fail him now. It had been incredibly fortuitous for all of them to meet; or so had he thought; though after finding out they were all heading to the same place it was easier to understand.

With that Breakdown, Dead End, Drag Strip, Motormaster and himself made their way to med bay.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Medbay

Bonecrusher chuckled at Rumble, "Ressurection. Fun thing, ain't it? Although, it doesn't get rid of a nasty migraine on my head." the Constructicon approached Long Haul and Gravedigger.

Server Room

Seeing Peak about to explode, Laserbeak's composure disappeared immediately and his cowardice takes over. Laserbeak's transformed perched on Quickshot's shoulder and shouted, "Move, move, move! Buzzsaw, you too!"

Generating Point

Shrapnel approaches the generating point, ready to bring emergency power back to Darkmount.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Smelting Pools

Slug kneeled next to the bomb

"let's get things straight here if I don't disarm this bomb you'll kill me. However if I do disarm the bomb you will no longer have a motivation to keep me alive and will therefore kill me, however if I don't disarm the bomb it will explode and probably kill us both. Is that about right? What's my motivation then. Will you let me go if I disarm this bomb?"

Medbay

Scavenger nodded to Rumble

"looks like its quite fashionable, they've even got a form you have to fill out now if you come back from the dead. I don't think we've been introduced or if we have its not in our memories our core memories date from the 1990's with edited highlights filled in? I'm Scavenger although you might know this already."

Scavenger rumbled over to the debris and began selecting suitable iron debris

Darkmount shook and a rad monitor on the wall chirped insistently.

"What the Slag just happened."

Corridor outside Server Room

The server room disappeared in a nuclear explosion.

As the rooms former occupants rushed away trying to escape the shockwave they may or may not have noticed a large red button with a label emergency blast doors.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Server Room

Laserbeak noticed the button.

If he pressed that, he'd probably die. He knew he shouldn't press it. It would be suicide. The button is within the explosion range of the nuclear blast. Time seemed to slow down for the Cassettecon. He saw Motormaster, grabbing the exploding Peak. He saw servers, torn apart by the nuclear blast. If that is allowed to go wild, he'll die. If he somehow survives, Soundwave or Megatron'll kill him. Ah, what the frag. No one's gonna live forever anyway. At least I get a chance to do something worthy.

Activating his back-mounted jets, Laserbeak shot off Quickshot's shoulder and made a beeline for the emergency blast doors, and attempted to press it with his beak and feet. "Motormaster, Quickshot, Buzzsaw, Hightower, get out NOW!" the Cassettecon shouted over the din.

Cowardice placed behind him, Laserbeak's optics burned with determination, his beak clenched. No turning back this time, I guess. he thought. Decepticons forever. He looked at Buzzsaw and gave a nod. I'm not always the coward, he implied silently in his optics. Then he pressed the button with all his might. Seconds later, the avian Decepticon was enulfed by the nuclear explosion, shrieking in the inferno, not seeing whether the blast doors were activated or not.

(OOC: ouch.)

Medbay

"They must've wrecked something up there", Bonecrusher muttered. "Think we should check it out?"

Generating Point

Shrapnel whistled. "Whoo, this place is wrecked." the Insecticon strode towards the emergency generators. At least those are still standing. Pulling two terminals from the wall, he attached them to his antennas, and said, "Let there be light, light!"

Soon, (most) of Darkmount is bathed in a dim light. Shrapnel himself looked dizzy at giving so much energy. "Need... food, food!" the Insecticon began feeding on any debris he could lay his hands on.

Corridors

Tinker fired repeatedly at Claw, while trying to backpedal away from the Imperial. One of the Imperial's spiked tails tore into his leg engine and shredded it.
Chip1123
Protoform

Hallway

Post by Chip1123 »

Clench, after being ignored by Tracer, stood still for a moment. There was a time when no one would have dared ignore me... I was as feared as Megatron. Clench thought to himself. Suddenly, the building rocked, sending Clench tumbling sideways. Explosion on the floors above. Slgging imperials. What did they do? Clench righted himself and took off towards the source of the explosion.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Corridor outside Server Room:

Quickshot: -loping down the corridor as fas as he can, hearing the blast doors slam shut behind him, thinking to himself- "Brave buzzard. But that's the difference between those who signed up for the cause and us mercs." -hooking around a corner and diving into the Operations room-
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Ex Nebulan Quarters

Casemate had plunged through the roof of a stair-well, which was more structurally built than the rest of the quarters

Casemate struggled to his feet as Thundercrackers shots hit home. One lucky shot tore off two of his fingers.

Igniting his leg thrusters he flew out of the hole and lunged at Thundercracker.
Selkadoom

Outside Operations

Post by Selkadoom »

Hightower was still running when Peak detonated and he flipped head over heels into a wall, which unfortuneatley set a pack of explosives on his waist off, which sent him flying back across the hallway into the opposite wall and making an imprint of himself.

" Frag that hurt" he muffled out
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
Ungla Cracker

Post by Ungla Cracker »

Smelting Pool

Frenzy pondered over the minicons words for a second. He had planned to dispense with the little cretin as soon as the bomb was disarmed but perhaps the little mech was on to something.

“OK, you have my word as a Decepticon that I will not kill you. You secure your self a place in the land of the living but your buddies over there are gonna come with us” Frenzy gestured over to the minicons battling with Blitzwing.

“Do we have a deal?” he eagerly awaited Slugs answer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Medbay

“Yeah Scavenger we already met. So you guys have got no memory before the nineties?” Rumble smirked to himself thinking of the time him Soundwave and the other cassetacons had made quick work of the Constructicons in the chaos after the attack on Earth. He had never liked them, they were his complete opposite. Rumble took pleasure in destroying anything he could not bickering over plans and building useless contraptions.

“You mean you don’t remember what uncharismatic bores you all were in them days?” Rumble jeered sarcasm dripping from every word. He didn’t want to push his luck though, he was still badly damaged. It was then another explosion was heard rumbling through Darkmount. It was obvious to any mech with audio receptors that the explosion had caused some serious damage. Rumble glared at Bonecrusher who had been busy stating the blatantly obvious,

“So you reckon the wrecked something do ya? Yeah maybe it is a good idea to check it out. Repair me and lets go?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Medbay, Darkmount

"One thing at a time," Scrapper told Bonecrusher. "And personally, I'd worry a lot more about structural damage at the bottom of a building than at the top. If they need our help, they'll call."

Server Room

Buzzsaw made it clear to the other side of the blast doors, but he didn't flee, not at first. He stayed just long enough to give Laserbeak one last, longing glance.

"Brother..." he whispered, probably the first time he'd ever used that particular humanism to describe his mold-mate.

Then the explosion flared and the blast doors slid shut between them. The moved quickly, but not quite so quickly that Buzzsaw didn't see his brother silhouetted by the nuclear fire, a shadow of purest black blotting out a miniature sun.

And then the door closed, and Laserbeak was gone.

Fury boiled through Buzzsaw's circuits, fury that hardened into a need for vengeance when he saw a battered and bruised Hightower slam into a corridor wall not far away. The last few minutes flashed before his optics again, and he remembered the supposed-medic's sociopathic behaviour, his disregard for Laserbeak's orders and his complete and utter ineffectiveness in the battle.

With a wordless shriek of pure hate, Buzzsaw fired his mortar cannons at the downed Decepticon, then dove at him with murderous intent.

Astrotrain's Office

The explosion rocked the entire floor, tipping over one of Astrotrain's bookshelves (which, conveniently enough, landed on a stupefied Slugfest).

"This is quite a mess you've created, Admiral," Soundwave said as he started digging his minion out.

"Don't think you can escape blame for this. If you'd come to me earlier, all of this could have been avoided." Astrotrain sighed. "As soon as the Imperials have been driven off, I'm departing. I have business to deal with outside of Polyhex."

"Is that so?" Soundwave asked. "What sort of business?"

"The kind that you don't need to know about," Astrotrain told him. "With any luck I should be back in a few days' time. If all goes well, I'll be leaving on a more extended trip after that. Cleaning up this wonderful mess is going to fall into your hands. Can I trust you to keep the city from falling apart any more than it already has?"

Although he said the words to Soundwave, his intended recipient was actually Tracer.

"Of course," Soundwave said dismissively. "Obviously we will have to make some personnel changes, in light of the disaster. Perhaps even convene a full inquiry."

Jetstream's School for Flying

Kickback fluttered out of his hiding spot, his centimeters-long body completely invisible to the two preoccupied Imperial agents he had been watching.

Well, never let it be said that I passed up a chance to shoot someone in the back...

Once he was out of the Imperials' line of sight, Kickback transformed to robot mode. He landed on the floor with a thud loud enough to draw the Imperials' attention, but the heavily-built spies weren't nearly fast enough. Bullets from the Insecticon's sub-machine gun cut the first Imperial in half before he could even draw his gun. The second turned around slowly, almost submissively...only to face the Insecticon with a pistol of his own.

"Drop the gun," Kickback told him. "You can't win. Even if you kill me, I'll shred you for flak before I go down."

"Like you did to my partner's unprotected back? Thanks, but I'd rather take my chances."

"It doesn't have to play out that way," Kickback told him. "In fact, if you do exactly as I say, you get to walk out of here a free mech."

"Yeah, right," the Imperial told him. "And all I have to do is betray my masters' every secret?"

"Nothing that dramatic," Kickback told him. "All you have to do is answer one question." He shrugged. "Just one question, and my report says that there was only one Imp here."

"Ask," the Imperial said. "Ask your question, and then I'll decide."

"It doesn't work like that," Kickback told him. "You see, one of us is a legitimate agent of the local government and the other is a foreign troublemaker sent to do who-knows-what acts of espionage or terrorism. I've got nothing to gain from cutting you down if I get my answer. But you...you could do your career a big favour if you dragged a stasis-locked Decepticon intelligence officer back to your masters. So step one is you dropping the gun. Step two is you answering my question and step three is me not murdering you. I can sugar-coat it if you'd like, but that's the best deal you're likely to get in a situation like this."

The Imperial hesitated for a few seconds, but eventually he dropped his sidearm and kicked it over to the Insecticon. "Make it quick," he said. Whether he was talking about the question or he was actually expecting a deadly betrayal, Kickback didn't know or particularly care.

"You made the right choice," he said. "Thank you. You're a wise mech. Which is something I held more than a little bit of doubt over, because, really...what in the universe are Imperial spies doing wandering around Polyhex in full Imperial colours?" Kickback smiled. "So my question is this: you wanted to get caught, didn't you?"

The Imperial hesitated again. His bulky frame seemed to deflate as he said, "Yes. Our orders were to be as conspicuous as possible." He held up a hand. "Don't bother asking me why, because I don't know."

"That just wouldn't be fair," Kickback told him. "After all, you answered my one question already." He shrugged. "Besides, I don't need to ask to figure it out. It's pretty obvious, in fact." The Insecticon smiled. "But that's enough of my babble. You've held up your end. Run along."

"That's it?" The Imperial asked incredulously. "No shooting me in the back or demanding more and more intel?"

"That might be productive in the short term," Kickback told him, "but I like to think long-range. And long-range, I'll stand to benefit a lot more with you alive and in my debt."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Smelting Pool

Slug shrugged.

"Interesting use of the personal pronoun there. So you don't kill me but tall bad and ugly over there does."

He points towards Blitzwing

"how about i disarm it then you give us a couple of Breems head start."

~*~

Scavenger paused in his work.

"You're Rumble it's gotta be Rumble with that attitude. Looks like you've talken some serious damage but maybe us old boring Constructicons can help you out there hay."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Medbay, Darkmount

Bonecrusher shrugged. "Communications are fried, boss." he said to Scrapper, "but I get your drift anyway." the brutish Constructicon turned to the broken walls and continued to work. Mainly, clearing debris and making the broken part seem as presentable as possible before Hook and the other Constructicons began repairing it.

After all, he detested imperfection.

Cell, Darkmount

Bombshell huddled in his cell, the pain in his optics beginning to itch. He couldn't blame Laserbeak for his torture. After all, he did cause the trouble. (though he still hated the blasted bird for it) Suddenly, the pitch-black cell's CR chamber started to hum up in a weak green light.

A message on the computer beside it showed a typed message. "Bombshell. Heal yourself. Fast. I can't hold this much longer. Got other places to reroute my energy to."

Bombshell instantly knew who sent the message. Few could control electricity like a plaything, and one of them is Shrapnel. His friend, Shrapnel. His 'friend' who just sold him out a couple of hours ago. "Why did you help me?" he typed into the computer.

"For better or for worse, you're still an Insecticon, Bombshell. After all, you have a problem with trying to usurp what isn't rightfully yours. Kickback and I nearly died that time, remember?" Shrapnel's reply came up as soon as Bombshell has imputed the last punctuation.

"You're talking about that time during Reclamation? Damn, you hold big grudges. Come on. We're the Insecticons! This is what we do."

"Which is why I'm offering you this CR Chamber. Won't do for a perfectly fine cannon fodder not to be able to hold back the imperials should they continue their assault. Now get in."

Bombshell's optics (well, the holes where the optics used to be in, anyway) narrowed. But he didn't have a choice. He's leaking to death, and he stumbled into the CR chamber. The fluid inside it began to heal his more severe wounds. Meanwhile, he took the time to reply to Shrapnel. "What say you give me back my gun, my cerebro shells and my transformation cog?"

"That's as far as you'll get for me. If I give you those, I'll be branded a traitor along with you. I've changed, Bombshell. I desire control, but to obtain it, I must earn it myself. By being a Decepticon." Shrapnel's words paused, before continuing, "I suggest you do the same. Kickback has earned a place among our duty rosters as well. Please learn from your mistakes, Bombshell. Backstabbing never works. Look at where it had gotten us."

"I suppose you're... right... maybe." Bombshell said before temporary stasis lock set in for the healing process.
Selkadoom

Outside Operations

Post by Selkadoom »

As Hightower climbed to his feet one of the mortar shots hit his shoulder causing him to look and see Buzzsaw charging at him "What the frag Buzzsaw?!!" He then quickley got up and started running for the nearest lift trying his best not to get hit or damaged anymore.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
Ungla Cracker

Post by Ungla Cracker »

Smelting Pool

Frenzy shook his head.

“Do I look like a protoform to you? I don’t think so, you would just set up a time delay and when ya at a safe distance KABOOM”, Frenzy paused again. So far his attempts at diplomacy had got him no where his nerves where fraying and so was his patience.

One last try he thought to himself.

“OK, you disarm that thing and you have my word that me or big and ugly over there aint gonna smoke ya”. Frenzy slowly lowered his weapon as a gesture of good faith but kept it drawn. If Slug tried something funny it wouldn’t be too much bother to slag him on the spot.

“'After I've made sure that thing is deactivated I might even give you a sporting chance to get away. NOW disarm the slaggin thing!” he growled.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Medbay

Rumble chuckled to himself, amused that his reputation had reached beyond the grave.

“Yeah that’s right you square! How could you forget?” Rumble blared looking at Scavenger. “

“Now repair me so I can get out there and shake down some Imperials”, Rumble aukwardly clambered onto the repair bed, looking up at the damaged ceiling. He turned to Hook the perfectionist and pointed upwards,

“You missed a spot”
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Outside the Server Room

Buzzsaw fired past Hightower, blowing up the lift he'd been running toward.

"You have the sheer, unvarnished gall to ask why? Just how oblivious are you, you dimwitted plebeian cretin? You and that ignorant Stunticon thug managed to kill a good Decepticon through your own stupidity. Laserbeak and I might have had our differences, but in the final measurement, I find that I don't care. You got him killed. So you die. You can either take your punishment like a Decepticon, or like a coward."

He fired again at the fleeing Decepticon's back.

Astrotrain's Office

"I'll leave the details in your capable hands," Astrotrain told Soundwave. "Jetstorm will be filling in for me while I'm away. Don't bother trying to buy his loyalty, he's a petty, venial child who will turn on you at the slightest provocation."

"And yet he obeys you?"

"I keep him locked in an obscure bureaucratic cubbyhole and pretend not to notice when he abuses his authority to get meaningless revenge against his 'enemies'," Astrotrain shrugged. "Apparently that's all he wants out of life."

"Oh, for such a simple outlook," Soundwave said flatly.

Astrotrain frowned, wondering if that was meant to be a joke but finding he just didn't care enough to ask. "I think we're done here," he said. "So if there's nothing else, take your stegosaur and show yourself out."

"As you command," Soundwave replied, not even bothering to hide the scorn in his voice. He turned on his heel and walked out the door with a still-woozy Slugfest in tow, not even bothering to look back and see if Astrotrain was planning to shoot him in the back.

Once he was gone, Astrotrain spoke into his still-open comlink. "Tracer, get up here right away."