[Original RPG] Collapse: The Rage to Overcome (Crystal City)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Bridge

Deluge answered the com

"this is Deluge with what trivial task do you disturb me?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Backstab's Quarters

Barricade replied to Deluge, "Well... where to start. Apparently Backstab's an Imperial. He has a Nuclear Warhead of sorts in his quarters. It's not activated yet, but the big boss wants someone to defuse it. With Excavator and Terrortread in the Tyrant (?) I figured you would be the best mech for the job..."

Outside Hangar Bay 17

Scorponok's right claw slammed down on Backstab, pinning the Imperial down on his midsection. "What the frag are you doing!" Backstab screamed.

Scorponok's scowl deepened. "You know, you have very little emotion. Very little indeed." The ex-Headmaster hissed, leaning down, his face inches away from Backstab's. "Tell me. Are you an Imperial or are you not?"

"I am not, of course! This indignation-"

Backstab did not manage to finish the sentence when Scorponok's other claw easily tore off his left arm from the shoulder socket, throwing it away. "Wrong answer." Scorponok growled. "You know, after what you scum did with the Warworld, be thankful that I'm not going to kill you if you give me information." Inwardly, Scorponok regretted the absence of Laserbeak or Beastbox in their splinter faction.

"Scum? Scum! How dare you refer to us, the superior Cybertronians as such! You'll bow down before-" Scorponok lifted his claw and brought it down above Backstab's upper torso and face, muffling the Imperial's screams.

"Gigatron, I've extracted a confession. Sort of." he called out. Whether he deliberately exempted the 'Lord' is up to debate.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Geosynchronous Orbit over Crystal City:

Bored.

Boredboredboredboredboredbored. BORED NOW!!!!

There were the thoughts flashing through Trypticon's central processor as he sat, plugged into the main computer core of the still under serious repair Destron Battle Fortress Thunder Arrow II(which at one point had been his body, back when he was the size of a city). While he had to admit that six Destrons(they'd gone back to calling themselves that. It was something of a worry, but nothing too major) had done a remarkable job of putting the ship back into some sort of flyable condition. It had been a miracle that they'd managed to reattach the main gun, even more of a miracle that it still worked. They'd spent the last several weeks refitting the conduits so they could handle the higher power output of the powerplant that had been salvaged from a Cybertronian Empire crusier. The drives were being overhauled. The weapons were being refitted and upgraded where neccessary. The shields, both deflector and forcefields(and some kind of shield Drillhorn had been referring to as a "Battle Screen". In theory it would allow the ship to absorb a percentage of enemy weapons energy and use it to boost regular shielding and weapons power. He'd believe it worked when he saw it) were being overhauled.

All Trypticon had to do was help guide the scutters as they zipped around working on things. It didn't help the boredom in the slightest. At least it can't get any worse, he thought to himself.

Then the lights went out, along with power all over the ship. Oh, good. The universe wanted to get a kick in........
Engineering, Thunder Arrow II:

Drillhorn: -just as surprised as everyone else when the power and gravity cut out, bobbing up near an open conduit, barely managing to dodge a flailing scutter with a cutting torch that went sailing by-

Leozak: -over commlink- "Drillhorn! What happened?"

Drillhorn: -starting to drag himself down towards the mains control panel hand over hand, activates commlink- "I think a connection overloaded, Captain."

Leozak: "Just one?"

Drillhorn: "Well, probably all of them. Hopefully the cutouts kept them all from being destroyed. I'm going to have to work on building better connections." -sighs- "At this rate, we'll be ready to fly again sometime around the eventual heat death of the universe."

Leozak: "I thought we had backup power."

Drillhorn: "We do. I'm not sure why the backup hasn't WHAAA-"

-with a loud hum, the backup generators kicked in, lights coming up to half power and the gravity kicking back on-

Drillhorn: -still hanging onto the handholds, figuring he can keep using them to climb down..... well, until the flailing scutter slammed into him, knocking him loose and sending them both plummeting to the deck in a tangle of limbs-

Leozak: -voice now muffled- "I'll call back."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Hangar Bay 17

Gigatron looked at the Autobots

"This changes everything I will have to insist that you all go with Sky Lynx to the destroyer until this is cleared up."

He opened up a com link to Thunder Arrow II.

"Thunder Arrow II this is Gigatron I need Hellbat down here Over, Also I am sending up some Autobots to that destroyer we captured over. Also I need Drilhorn down in Tarn to help liase on a project and I need a report on space debris and the Asteroid belt we will need raw material for a project I have in mind."

He turned to Skorponok

"Once you have finished with the prisoner we shall talk."

He opened a com link

"Bludgeon I have a mission for you."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Bridge, Thunder Arrow II:

Leozak: -pulling himself out from beneath the helm console, hearing Gigatron's message- "Can we respond, Jalgar?"

Jalgar: -settling himself back into the comm officer's seat, starts hitting switches- "Should be able to, Captain. Opening a channel now."

Leozak: -nodding- "We read you loud and clear, Lord Gigatron. We will send them down shortly with the reports. Leozak out."

Jalgar: -shuts down the communication line-

Leozak: "Trypticon, can you finish the repairs to the conduit connections?"

Trypticon: -voice echoing out of the bridge speakers- "Of course I can. I can also design better connections just as well as Drillhorn."

Leozak: "Then get on it. I have a feeling we're going to get used as a staging platform for something, probably mining operations in the debris field and asteroid belt."

Trypticon: "As long as it's not just sitting here in orbit, I'll do it."

Leozak: "I hate to point this out, but we've pretty much rebuilt this ship, AGAIN, and have yet to test a single weapons system or deflector array. I don't know about you, but the thought of finding out whether or not everything is capable of handling combat conditions in the middle of combat rather than on a test run is a worry."

Trypticon: -sighs- "I take it you have a plan."

Leozak: "We have an asteroid belt. When we're ready, we'll start manouvers in there, doing weapons tests and shielding tests."

Trypticon: "What about these 'battle screens' Drillhorn talked about?"

Leozak: "Unless you want to play tag with that crusier out there as part of a test run, the battle screens will have to wait until actual battle." -moves back to the ops console, props it open again, starts running a scanner over the components- "Out of your defensive systems, that one's not a high priority one for mainline defense."

Jalgar: "We hope."

Leozak: "We do the best with what we have. Now call Drillhorn and Hellbat to the shuttle bay, and meet them down there with the reports that Gigatron wants. And remember: Give the reports to Drillhorn."

Jalgar: "Yeah, yeah....." -activates intercom- "Drillhorn, Hellbat, this is Jalgar. Gigatron's got a job for you two down on the surface. Meet me in the shuttle bay. Jalgar out." -shuts down the intercom, moves over to the science station, downloads copies of the debris and asteroid field reports onto a datapadd, and gets into the turbolift, heading for the shuttle bay-

-----------------
Tech bay, somewhere near the shuttle bay:

Hellbat: -scowling as he sets a hydrospanner down, looking at the half-completed satellite- "So, what, does this mean they don't want the mind-control satellites anymore?" -sighs, gets up, heads for the shuttle bay-

------------------
Engineering:

Drillhorn: -groaning wearily, untangles himself from the scutter robot- "Surface, huh. Well, at least I don't have to worry about the gravity going out." -starts making his way towards the shuttle bay-

Tunnels beneath Crystal City:

Bludgeon: -an electro-fireball hovering in the air over his head, rolls to his feet smoothly, activates his commlink- "We are on our way, my Lord." -deactivates commlink-

BBC: -rolls to his feet(not quite as smoothly)- "Any idea what he wants?"

Bludgeon: "No. I am sure he will tell us when the time is right." -starts leading the way out-
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Springer crosses his arms and monitored the current situation very closely. It was obvious to him that Monocole's intelligence was spot on and that Scorponok was successfull in interrogating Backstab. Could it be that he's not the only one and that there are more Imperial agents disguised as Autobots or Decepticons? Springer thinks.

Have they secretly infiltrated our ranks and have they already started to invade? If that is the case, we'll we to prepare for a possible attack now.

Springer looks over at Powerglide, Topspin and Monocole. This has become a bigger issue than I initially thought. Why does Gigatron want us off-planet all of a sudden? What is he hiding? Let's just go along with what he says for now. We'll see what we can learn from this. So far, things have already been very intresting.

Springer walks over to Sky Lynx and the others. "Looks like we're going on a space trip together men. Let's gather what we can in the Imperial Destroyer. Once we're done, we'll head back for Iacon."

Springer looks at Sky Lynx. "Whenever you're ready, Sky Lynx, we can take off." Springer puts his hand to his mouth and whispers so that no Decepticon can hear it. "Once we're up in the air, we can talk more freely. There's something that I would like to discuss will all of you."

(OOC @ grimkuz: Landmine is on his way to Crystal City too! Could you please wait until he is there? Shouldn't be long!)
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

hangar Bay 17

Monocole looked at Springer and gave him a thumbs-up. "Verily, my information proved accurate, mostly."

Outside Hangar Bay 17

Scorponok stalked into the bay when Gigatron called his name, still clenching his claws over Backstab's upper body. "I'm done with the prisoner, Gigatron." waving the Imperial, he asked Gigatron, "What should I do with him, Lord? Give him to Hellbat?"

Scorponok looked at Springer and the other Autobots one by one, giving them a grudging nod, though the perpetual scowl that adorned his face didn't leave it. How the Pit did that Perceptor knockoff knew about this information? If this double-agent could deceive the likes of Barricade and Gigatron... but then, he hadn't done anything too suspicious yet...

Scorponok caught Springer talking to Sky Lynx, but he is prepared to ignore it. After all, aren't the Decepticons discussing in secret as well?
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Shuttlebay, Thunder Arrow II:

Hellbat: -sitting in the pilot's seat of the shuttlepod Ganymeade, bringing the systems online-

Jalgar: -leaning against the bulkhead next to the entry door to the bay, felinoid ears on his head twitching, holds the padd with the reports up in front of the door-

Drillhorn: -stops dead just shy of smacking into the padd face first- "What is it now, Jalgar?"

Jalgar: "Leozak wants you to give these reports to Gigatron."

Drillhorn: -takes the padd, subspaces it- "And he thinks Hellbat-"

Jalgar: "- will be his usual self." -shrugs- "Better safe than sorry." -walks out of the bay-

Drillhorn: "Yeah, yeah." -muttering under his breath all the way to the shuttlepod, climbs aboard, drops heavily into the seat next to Hellbat- "All right. Let's get this over with."

Hellbat: -hitting switches, the pod disconnecting from it's support cradle as the heavy bay doors rumble open- "You're in a good mood."

Drillhorn: "I've got more to worry about aboard this ship with making sure we don't go up in a matter/antimatter fueled fireball the first time we fire up the warp engines or draw enough power to go into combat than I do down on the surface." -scowling- "What we should have done is strip everything out of that ship, not just what we needed. Whoever these Imperials are, their technology is very close to what we had in our home dimension."

Hellbat: -piloting the shuttle out of the bay, beginning the drop down to Crystal City- "That's good."

Drillhorn: "It's easier for me to work with, but given the fact that all of the spares we have are designed for antiquated Decepticon systems, in comparison....."

Hellbat: "It's like running 3 gigajoules of energy through a cheap strand of copper wire?"

Drillhorn: "In a nutshell, yes."

Hangar Bay 17:

Bludgeon: -strides into the bay soundlessly(not an easy thing to do when your armor is metal)-

BBC: -following Bludgeon at a respectful distance, the hilt of his energo-sword clattering at his hip, stops when Bludgeon stops, keeping the same distance, his glare taking in all of the bay's occupants-

Bludgeon: -stops next to Gigatron, bows slightly- "What is your bidding, my lord?"

Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Hangar Bay 17

"Yes," Springer replies to Monocole. "I'm glad it was too. For a moment, I was worried that we had to fight our way out of here. Good thing that is not the case"

Tyrant: Shuttle

Octane looked over at Hooligan. "We're heading for Tarn. The Underwater Base is located there and we're going to modify it into a space station.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Exteriior, Hangar Bay 17:

Hellbat: -lands the shuttlepod Ganymeade with a gentle bump-

Drillhorn: -pushes himself out of his seat, hits the door controls- "C'mon. Let's get this over with." -exits the shuttle-

Hellbat: -gets out of the pilot's seat after locking down the controls- "I wonder what they want us for." -follows Drillhorn out of the shuttle-

Hangar Bay 17:

Drillhorn and Hellbat: -stride into the bay, walk up to Gigatron-

Drillhorn: -pulls the padd out of subspace, hands it ti Gigatron- "Drillhorn and Hellbat reporting as ordered."

Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Hangar Bay 17

Monocole flashed Springer a tired grin, before turning to see Drillhorn and Hellbat enter. "More Decepticons." he whispered to Springer and the Autobots nearby.

Scorponok grunted as Springer commented about fighting their way out. "Be thankful that it did not come to that. It would be such a shame to see such potential resources wasted." Scorponok said. Muffled curses came from Backstab.

As Drillhorn and Hellbat entered the Hangar Bay, a shiver ran down Scorponok's back. He knew they were allies, but the Breastforce always creeped him out. Something about time-travelers always made him uneasy... They knew all their fates in their supposed 'future'. Probably why I respect Gigatron so much...

But then, Hellbat's one of the few who could control and manipulate minds... Scorponok acknowledged the two Breastforce members with nods and a grunt.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Hangar Bay

Gigatron looked at Hellbat

"We have caught an Imperial spy I want you to use your talants and give me a double agent"

"He looked at Drillhorn

"I want you to talk to Jury Rig and work out the practicalities of building a spacstation and dock yard, you can use whats left of unicrons head for a start."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Hangar bay 17:

Hellbat: "And our future double agent is where?"

Drillhorn: -jaw drops- "It's very practical. There's enough debris up there to pull it off nicely, Gigatron. Our problem is construction crews." -pulls out a padd, starts making notes- "I'm guessing you'll want to use our ship as the staging ground for this project."

Bludgeon: -still standing quietly next to Gigatron, awaiting orders-

Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Hangar Bay 17

Scorponok waved a protesting Backstab around, and said to Hellbat, "This one, Destron. Sorry about the arm, it fell off." Scorponok dropped the struggling Imperial down at Hellbat's foot. "Do your business."

"You would dare to violate the mind of a superior lifeform?" Backstab hissed.

"Now you sound like an Imperial." Scorponok said, scowl deepening. "He will, by the way."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Hangar Bay 17:

Hellbat: -looking down at Backstab- "So, this is an Imperial......" -placing one foot on Backstab's chest, looking into Backstab's optics- "He doesn't look that tough. After I finish playing with his mind, maybe I'll have a better idea why they're such a threat." -gazing deeper into Backstab's optics, firing up his hypnoic wave emmitters, blasting Backstab with hypnotic waves- "You are in my power......."

Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Hangar Bay 17

"The only reason they're a threat is their quantity, their massive amounts of tech and their ship-making skills. And Warworlds..." Scorponok murmured. "Personally, from what little I've seen of their soldiers, they're all talk, no bite. No personaliity either. Easy to kill too."

Backstab started to protest, but Hellbat's hypnotism took over... "I'm in your power..." (OOC- Feel free to take control of Backstab, Hein. :))
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

(OOC: Here goes.....)

Hangar Bay 17:

BBC: -wanders over, watching-

Hellbat: "You work for us, now. You will report on everything you know, and you will sabotage the Imperials as best you can."

Backstab: "I obey."

BBC: -scowls-

Hellbat: "You will forget this incident. When asked, you will respond that while they discovered that you were a spy, you were able to escape, and in the process of escaping, killed many Decepticons."

Backstab: "I obey."

BBC: -snorts in disgust-

Hellbat: "What?"

BBC: "You mind manipulators are all alike. Stroking your own egos by having them say 'I obey'."

Hellbat: -chuckles- "It's the default response." -flashes Backstab with a deeper pulse of hypno waves- "Do you understand your orders?"

Backstab: "Yes, master"

BBC: -obviously unimpressed-

Hellbat: -flashes him again, burying the post-hypnotic commands far down in his processors- "You will also not remember being injured. After being repaired in sickbay, you will go to your quarters. There you will awake. Do you understand?"

Backstab: "Cream cheese."

BBC: -cocks eyebrow-

Hellbat: -takes his foot off of Backstab's chest- "Now, get to your feet and report to medbay for repairs."

Backstab: -gets unsteadily to his feet- "Cream cheese." -starts staggering towards the door into the city-

Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Hangar Bay 17

Scorponok nodded at BBC and Bludgeon as they arrived, not bothering to exchange any pleasantaries. As Hellbat began his hypnotism, Scorponok couldn't help but cock an eyebrow at 'Cream Cheese'. "Seems like Imperials aren't so superior after all." Scorponok said, folding his arms.

He eyed BBC curiously. He really looks like Prime... sounds like him, too... Scorponok's scowl deepened as he remembered the time of his death, being cradled by Prime. That, he promised himself, is a scene that would never happen again. He will not die again, not even by the hands of a demigod.
grimkuz
Protoform

Post by grimkuz »

skylynx, looked at gigatron, then scorponok, then the rest of the decepticons

i understand, discretion or whatever it is, like everything im the best at it, i think we should wait for everyone, say have you ever had one of those feelings? i think the only way we may survive all this is if nobody says anything like, "its quiet too quiet" or " i have a bad feeling about this", actually with all this i think we leave the imperial ships to the decepticons and once the imperials are done with them, they will be weak and then we will have a better chance of defeating them, no wait hmm

skylynx paused his whispering with springer for one second, he looked straight at scorponok, the monster of a robot, his look was a menacing one anything like that could go one on one on a starship and have an impecible chance of surviving, but that guy hmmsay springer what about scorponok, couldnt he take on some of the ships? oh and im ready to leave whenever, but i think we should wait to see if anyone else is comming
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Powerglide reluctantly boarded the erratic Sky Lynx. He was eager to be away from this hub of decepticon activity. Had anything happened, they were sorely outnumbered and outgunned here. Not that the Imperial Battleship would be a much better situation.