[Original RPG] Collapse: Nation on Fire (Iacon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Secret Service HQ

“This is highly unorthodox. But, it is not within my jurisdiction, so do what you must. But be warned, Smokescreen, if Optimus is not to be notified, I can not guarantee my full involvement in this operation. It would go against the very code I stand to enforce, as I am sure you know all to well,” Prowl told Smokescreen. “However, I must concur, stealth perhaps is the wisest option for now and I will do nothing that could potentially tarnish Prime’s name. If nothing can be gained from the Protihex situation, it may be the only way that future negotiations between Gigatron and the Autobot territories can be established.”

(OOC: What would Gigatron's supporters do with the funds once funneled to them?)

Border Regions

After a rather lengthy drive, having taken various alternate routes to reach his destination, First Aid reached the Border Regions a breem earlier and had just arrived in the slums. He had shut his communications off so as not to be tracked, but, nonetheless, was still apprehensive towards the consequences of his actions. He still wasn't sure why he didn't simply turn Blades in, who lay inert in the rear interior of First Aid’s ambulance mode. He doubted Blades would have had the same inclination. Perhaps he saw a glimmer of redemption, faint and distant as it was.

He quietly drove up to a nondescript apartment complex, parked underneath the complex's adjacent parking structure and transformed. As his vehicle mode folded up, Blades' limp and offline body slipped carefully into First Aid's arms. Discreetly as he could, he moved to a nearby elevator shaft. After having a little difficulty juggling the body in his arms, he reached for the corresponding switch to the lift and entered.

Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

"Awww, your no fun!" Dogfight says to Camouflage.

He inverts and goes into a 3G dive toward the ground, narrowly missing a bot in one of Cybertrons numerous airways.

As he comes withing five meters of the deck he straitens out and transforms, unceremonously dropping the micromaster from his cockpit to the ground with a thud.

"There you are little buddy, hope the landing wasn't too rough on ya" Dogfight says with noticable sarcasm. As he chuckles to himself.

"Now you gonna tell me where were going?"
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Iacon, main street level

Camouflage, pressed back into Dogfight's pilot seat and unable to move, screamed all the way down from the apex of the dive. Then, abruptly, he hit the ground with splayed limbs, which hurt, but the most important thing about it was he was on the ground...

"I," he advised his new friend coldly. "Am going to be sick."

Whereupon which: he was.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Secret Service HQ

"We should discuss this in more detail later," Smokescreen told Prowl. "Right now, we just don't have enough information to make a solid decision. I'll task one of my best analysts to put together a plan of action, and I'll forward you the final copy."

(OOC: No idea. Buy weapons/supplies or hire mercenaries?)

Road to Debris

"Just, uh...need a place to lie down," Whirl told Topspin. He stumbled, but caught himself and held himself up against the doorjamb. "Uh...a little help?"
HeadmasterAutobot

Post by HeadmasterAutobot »

Road to Debris

Broadside managed to get himself together, however temporarily, to help Whirl to his feet.

"Heh, Whirl ol' buddy, I know you like fighting with all you got, but sometimes you gotta hold back a little. You got really damaged back there!"

Once Whirl was stable, Broadside continued walking, past Topspin, his optics fixed on the battered ground. He still had much deliberating to do.
"So I says to Prime, hang the Matrix quest--what about a leg quest?!"
Airazor

Post by Airazor »

Maccadams

"Yeah. We'll talk about this later." Blurr said to Springer as Freeway and the Nebulans arrived. So what is he planning? A raid? Blurr mulled as Freeway and Peacemaker made their points known.

Haywire: "Please, Blurr? I wanna avenge Pinpointer."

Blurr: -pretends to mull over the plan, before nodding- "I'm coming with you guys." -cracks fists- "Bring it on. But I'd prefer that we call Crosshairs and the others first, otherwise we might be come uninvited and spoil their plan."
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Officer's Quarters, Autobase

Pipes sat on the floor of the small NCO living quarters he shared with Powerglide, playing with an electric train set he has brought back from Earth. It was one of the many things he'd brought, in fact, the room was nearly crammed full of the stuff. Blenders, juicers, ipod docks (no ipods strangely), weed wackers, strange modern lamps, a car intake valve (no telling where the rest of the car was), and a whole array of other strange gadgets and gizmos.

The train track wound around the room, weaving through piles of his stuff, under Powerglide's bunk shoved into the corner, and under a table. Pipes had never even thought to ask about taking up the majority of the space in the room, but in truth Powerglide hardly ever came in here anyway. A lot of things had changed.

"Choo choo!" Pipes said, mimicking the noise the train made as it passed near him.

Main Gates, Autobase

Powerglide stood at the gates of Autobase, looking up at the clear skies. A good day for flying. He knelt and flexed as his flight computer did a preflight checklist in a fraction of a klik. His body felt strong and capable, a sharp contrast from his earlier days as a minibot. That itself was no small point of contention among the other minibots, especially Pipes, who had taken it as a form of betrayal.

Whatever, he thought as he leapt into the sky and transformed. His engines kicked in and he thrust up into the atmosphere for his scheduled patrol. Patrol, hah! Of course he didn't mind doing the patrol, and he had enough perspective to realize how necessary an operation it was, but in the end for him it was just an excuse to fly. A partrol required you to fly from point to point to point. The flips, barrel rolls, split-S curves, and other aerial maneuvers were for fun.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Road to Debris

Overdrive transformed and walked next to Whirl concerned .

"Good job with the diversion Broadside it kept the cops out of our circuits."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Pointblank picks up Peacemaker and heads towards the exit. "Alright, let's go Blurr. Staying here won't do us any good and who knows, Crosshairs can use the assitance. Pointblank turns to Springer. It was good to see you again, Springer. Until next time.

Suddenly, Springer grabs the arm of Pointblank.
Springer:"Wait." Springer grabs something that was stashed away in one of his arm compartments and hands it to Pointblank. "If you ever need to get in touch with me, use this. It's a long range transmitter and you should be able to contact me if you need my help in Protihex."

Pointblank grabs the transmitter. Thanks for the help, Springer." Pointblank then turns back to Blurr. "I'll meet you outside." Pointblank exits Maccadams and transforms to car mode while waiting for Blurr.

"Guess I'll join the party too!" Freeway said exited and headed out. "Last bot out is a slagging scraplet!" Freeway shouts as he heads towards the exit.
Airazor

Post by Airazor »

Maccadams

Blurr: "Race this!" -shifts into superspeed gear, in a few seconds he's already out of the bar.-

Haywire, however, was still left sitting in the table they just evicted. Sighing, the Nebulan jumped up and landed on Pointblank's shoulder. "Hitchhike?" he said, grinning.

Blurr: "We gotta tell Crosshairs and the others we're coming, you know. Or else they might not be happy we have arrived, and when they are not happy usually it means we messed something up."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Secret Service HQ

"Agreed," Prowl replied to Smokescreen. "I believe I am satisfied for now. Just remember, Smokescreen, to maintain contact with me, and I shall do the same."

Prowl then stood up from his seat.

"Now, before I take my leave, there is one further matter that needs to be tended to," Prowl continued. "The Autobots in your keeping - I would like to have them returned, if you do not mind. Autobase will compensate you for the damage that they caused. Have them brought to me in restraints. I shall arrange pick-up once we reach topside."
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Officer's Quarters, Autobase

Pipes watched the train moving around, absently scratching at his neck. He actually wasn't watching the train so much as staring into the middle distance.

"Bored, bored, bored," he muttered to himself. After a few moments he shook himself out of his reverie, stood up and walked out of the door, determined to find some trouble to get into.

Main Gates, Autobase

Powerglide flipped and twisted through the air. He did with his wings the equivalent of shrugging his shoulders, trying to loosen up. This body was bigger, stronger, faster, and had a significant amount of armament, but there was no denying it had cost him a degree of maneuverability. That irked him greatly.
Springer85
Protoform

OOC: Pointblank was already outside

Post by Springer85 »

Freeway mumbles: "Super circuit freak..." Freeway turns his head and notices that Haywire jumped on his shoulder. "I think you're al little confused there little buddy. Pointblank is already outside, but since I was going outside anyway, I don't mind.

Ousided of Maccadam's

Pointblank starts his engine. "We can contact Crosshairs as soon as we cross the Protihex city border and head for the Steelhaven. If we are not welcome, we can always turn around but I'll doubt that will be the case."
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

(ooc: Edited. Realized Blaster had been NPC'ing Pipes in the Altihex thread, so I'm retconning this post out of existence and resuming Pipes over there)

Autobase, Prime's Office

Pipes barged into Optimus Prime's office. He wasn't trying to be rude, mind you, he just hadn't been built with dials, only on/off switches. Pipes walked up to Prime, barely tall enough to see over the desk, and knocked on Prime's knee.

"Hey big guy. I'm bored, got any mischief I can get up to?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Secret Service HQ

"I've already had some of my people take them to one of our secure exits for you to pick up on your way out," Smokescreen told Prowl. "They thought they were doing the right thing, so please don't lock them in the brig for too, too long."

As he was talking, one of his subordinates rushed up and handed him a scrap of paper. Smokescreen read it, then sighed. "I have to go take care of this," he said. "If there's nothing else urgent, Cobalt can see you back topside."

Road to Debris

"Thanks," Whirl told Broadside as the larger Autobot helped him inside and into a CR chamber. He gleefully ignored his friend's advice, though. He keyed for a full repair cycle and nodded to the other Wreckers as the pod closed.

"See you guys soon."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Secret Service HQ

"No, our business here is concluded. As for our wayward Autobots, they will be reprimanded fairly and accordingly, I assure you," Prowl told Smokescreen.

Prowl cordially nodded as Smokescreen took his leave, then turned to Cobalt.

"Shall we then? Lead the way," He said.

Iacon Security Service (ISS) HQ

Doubledealer had placated his integrators long enough before Magnificus’ lawyer had arrived and demanded that he be released from their inquiry.

Because he had provided a crucial lead in the Tzai Industries case and having no solid basis to hold him, Doubledealer, as the colloquialism goes, was free as a bird.

Wearing a satisfied grin on his face, he pushed himself through the double doors of the main entrance and swaggered his way down the stairs to the courtyard. At the bottom, a chauffeur waited by a long, black vehicle.

“Ooo, very swank,” Dealer said.

“A pleasure to meet you, Mister Dealer,” the driver told him while he opened the rear door. “Magnificus would like to speak with you.”

“I’m sure he does,” the mercenary replied as he climbed in.

The door closed behind him, leaving him alone in the rear passenger compartment.

He was greeted by a projection of his employer’s disembodied head, emitting from a holo-projector affixed to the wall at the opposite end of the compartment.

“Hey there, Maggy. Thanks for the pick up. You always come through in a pinch.”

“Oh, it’s not a problem. I have to look after my interests, after all,” said Magnificus. “Excellent job, by the way. Getting both the Wreckers and the ISS involved is sure to blow this Tzai Industries nonsense into an all out scandal. Bravo.”

“Nah, I just know a good opportunity when I see it,” Dealer waved dismissively back. “The truth is, I just got lucky. They're a decent group of wackos, though. The Wreckers. Well, when they’re not shooting at you, anyway.”

“Aww, poor, fragile thing,” Magnificus quipped back.

“Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I have something for you. Just give me klik here,”

He then reached into his subspace compartment, rummaged around for a moment, and produced a bayonet. “Ta-da! You know Banzaitron carried two of these around with him. The one he used to skewer his Wrecker playmate and then try to kill himself with is in the ISS’ possession. But he dropped this one during our scuffle. Swooped it up during all the commotion after the ISS arrived.

You gonna add this one to your collection?”

“Oh yes. It’ll make a fine addition,” Magnificus said approvingly. “You can give it to me in person when we conclude our business. I am staying at my penthouse above The Mezzanine. I’ll see you soon, Dealer.”

“Can’t wait. But, before we meet up, there’s one last bit of business I need to take care of before we can call this official. It’s along the way.”

“Who? Axer?”

“Nope, I took care of him personally. The ISS hauled his sorry skidplate away,” Dealer answered. “No, it’s a straggler, and I got a hunch I know where to find him.”
Airazor

(OOC: Oops, forgive me.)

Post by Airazor »

Maccadams

Haywire nodded at Freeway: "Sorry. A few tips of Nebulan brandy'll do that to you."

Blurr said to Pointblank, "Hey, Pointblank, we should tell Crosshairs that we're coming, you know. You know the old grumpy guy... he won't be pleased if we barge in like that."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Outside Maccadams

Pointblank grumbles a little. "No more energon for you, Blur. By Primus! I've already said that I'll contact Crosshairs when we reach the Protihex border...

Freeway comes walking outside and puts Haywire down. "There you go buddy. Alright! Let's go!" Freeway transforms and drives off into the direction of Protihex.

"You two got rust in your exhaust pipe?! Let's go!" Freeway shouts.

Pointblank slowly drives off too.

Inside Maccadams

Springer gets up from his chair and sees Pointblank and the others heading off. guess I'll head off too. No use sitting around here when the rest is too drunk on energon. Springer heads towards the exit. I would have gone with them, were it not for Decepticons occupying that area too. For the sake of giving peace a chance... I'll stay away, but they better not turn on any Autobot, or I'll send them straight to the pits!
desolate

Post by desolate »

Autobase

When a new assignment came across his desk, Rapido jumped at the chance for something new. Sure, he loved his what he did and didn't mind being out of the field, but soldiers tend to grow restless. He needed a change of scenery. So he packed up his things and asked for a transfer. His superior didn't hesitate a moment. His track record and experience showed that he was more than qualified to handle the job. "It's yours" and with those words, he was off.

As he neared his destination, he couldn't help but smile. Years of doing the same thing day-in and day-out, had taken a toll on him. Humans might call it a mid-life crisis, but that was beside the point. All that mattered now, was his task at hand.

Pulling up to Prowl's office, a thought crossed his mind. Maybe, I'll get to see some more action before i die after all.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Maccadams

Paperweight is on the lookout for stories. The public have the right to know. Yeah, right. The reporter entered Maccadams, bumping onto a hyperactive Blurr on the way out. Paperweight paid no attention to Blurr. Sure, the kid is a war hero, but he's not the kind of guy that would sell stories-

Paperweight's optics went large when he saw Springer in the bar. Holy slag. The reporter sat down in an empty table and observed.

(OOC: Springer is free to confront the reporter, or rough him up a bit if you wish.)