[Original RPG] Collapse: Descend the Shades of Night (Stanix)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Near Fort Scyk

"Of course I know where we're going," Cyclonus bluntly lied to Roadblock. "It's not far."

That much, at least, he knew to be true. He could feel their target, could feel the Decepticon Matrix calling out to him as they drew closer.

Behind him, Skullcruncher leaned in close to Roadblock and whispered, "I think he's losing it."

Cyclonus pretended not to hear. Taking the time to thrash the Headmaster to within an inch of his life would cause an unacceptable delay.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Acid Wastes

Outback transformed, flipping through the air to dislodge the tenacious mutant. He summoned his energy axe from subspace and pointed it at the mutant as all around him the mutants swarmed, encircling him. "Stop following me. I mean it."

He turned and started off towards the narrowing gap as the hordes approached. The mutant ran after him. "Wait! I'm not like them!"

Outback looked over his shoulder as he ran on. "You sure look like them to me."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Near Fort Scyk

Barrage jogged up to keep up with Cyclonus. His multiple wounds hurted him, but he tried his best to look impassive as he approached Cyclonus. Unlike the other members of the crew, Barrage did not question the way they are taking.

Barrage reloaded his shoulder cannons with fresh ammo catridges. He tossed the wasted catridge behind, where it exploded, blowing up the few mutants behind. The Insecticon's mandibles twitched with satisfaction as he reloaded his other weapons.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Near Fort Scyk

Venom whispered to Skullcruncher

"Some of our finest commeanding officers have been completly insane once you accept that everyone and everything is out to get you you can relax.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Near Fort Scyk

Barrage fell back and kept pace beside Venom and Skullcruncher. "True the commander of my subgroup I was stuck with for more than a few millenia was insane, delusional and paranoid, but I'm still alive." Barrage said, referencing Venom.

Venom would be... suspicious. Barrage was not a mech who engaged in small talk, much less joke around.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Near Fort Scyk

Venom glared at Barrage.

"Not true , not true at all. I am only paranoid and that is for very good reasons. Anyway if I hadn't been poisoning your energon all these years to test my toxins I wouldn't have kept you around."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Near Fort Scyk

"You would have to be insane," Skullcruncher told Venom and Barrage, "to want to be in charge of even the smallest unit in our army."

After Venom's revelation he added, "'Course, sometimes I think we've all got to be crazy for signing up in the first place. Me, I just did it so I could eat people without the damnable police chasing me everywhere I went."

Cyclonus ignored the banter, paying attention to his surroundings instead. Because of that, he was the first to notice that the tunnel had...changed somehow.

"Does anyone else think that the tunnel has gotten a lot cleaner since we entered? I think we've moved into a higher-traffic area."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Near Fort Scyk

Barrage shrugged and replied to Venom, "Apparently you do a pretty bad job at poisoning energon. I'm still alive now." turning to Skullcruncher he said, "Hey, Bombshell, Shrapnel and Venom wrest reach other for leadership. I'm content with being a demolishing agent."

When Cyclonus raised the question, Barrage frowned, "Yes... it appears to be more civilized. Want me to destroy it?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Near Fort Scyk

Venom glared

"it was supposed to be a humorous aside , I was actually testing my poisons on NightWing."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Near Fort Scyk

Cyclonus groaned at Barrage's one-track mind. "No, if I want it destroyed I'm perfectly capable of doing it myself. But destroying the tunnel while we're inside it doesn't seem like a very good idea to me. Keep your eyes sharp, and shout if you see anything that looks like a path topside."

Skullcruncher chuckled.

"I'm right there with ya, boy," he told Barrage.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Corridors

"Ah." Barrage said, nodding at the logic of Cyclonus' statement. "That is correct."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Near Fort Scyk

That is why I'm the one doing the thinking and you're the disposable goon, Cyclonus thought darkly.

His annoyance with Barrage didn't stop him from catching sight of something that looked very much like a rusted old ladder lying on the ground.

"Barrage, Roadblock, investigate that. See if you can find a way back up."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Tunnel

Flywheels walked backwards scanning the tunnel behind them.

~*~

Squawktalk flapped along settling on a piece of ductwork and cocked his head to one side.

~*~

Venom looked at Barrage

"Be careful it could be a trap."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Tunnel

Barrage nodded to Cyclonus and Venom, "I will be careful."

Barrage activated his energo-spear with a hiss and prodded the rusty ladder-like object with the butt end in case it was a trap.
Chip1123
Protoform

Tunnel

Post by Chip1123 »

Roadblock approached the object from the side, but hung a little further back than Barrage. Let him take the blunt of it if it something dangerous, he thought to himself.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Near Fort Scyk

The segment of rusted metal didn't do anything as Barrage poked it, but the movement was enough to dislodge something above, and a steady trickle of pebbles started to fall down on the Insecticon.

Cyclonus watched, part of him genuinely interested in what was going to happen, and the rest watching in morbid curiosity in case the bug got squashed.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Near Fort Syck

"This must activate some kind of ladder or doorway above." Barrage theorized as the pebbles fell on his shoulder. "Probably a trap, anyway. If it is... let's spring it."

Barrage placed the vibrospear aside, and used his sonic boom cannon to poke the rusty segment of metal again, before kicking it with his foot. He didn't realize that he might be signing his death warrant.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Near Fort Scyk

The tunnel that Barrage was standing under emptied itself of several tonnes of gravel when the Insecticon fired off his cannon into it.

As the tunnel was filled with floating particles of dust and rock, Cyclonus thought to himself, I think I'm finally starting to understand what drove Galvatron mad...

"Barrage, did you manage to kill yourself?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Near Fort Syck

Barrage's left arm, still clutching his vibrospear, poked out from the rubble. The Insecticon let go of the spear and the fingers twitched to form a weak thumbs-up.
Chip1123
Protoform

Near Fort Syck

Post by Chip1123 »

Roadblock was knocked back from the 'experiment' that Barrage had decided to 'conduct'. He picked himself up off the ground and came over to Barrage, grabbing the hand that protruded from the rubble, and started to pull him out.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!