[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm: Cry Havoc (Tarn)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Rust Sea, Underwater

Octane readies his guns. "I lack the proper skill to fight underwater. Not to mention that it's murder on my paintjob, Skullgrin. However, I never shy away from any action."

With that, 2 sharkticons quickly made his way towards Octane, jaws wide open. Octane fires away at them and the first Sharkticon takes a full blast straight into the mouth. The other one managed to dodge Octane's attack and is heading straight for Octane's arm. If Octane doesn't act quickly, he'll lose his arm.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Underwater Base, Rust Sea

Skullgrin's shell roared at the Sharkticon attacking Octane, before slashing down with his blade at the one heading towards the triple-changer's arm. "Not hurt Tanker-bot!"

Skullgrin's inner robot opened fire with his slagmaker cannons, which brightened up the murky seabed considerably as twin red-hot streams of heat slammed onto a Sharkticon's head. "How odd. These Sharkticons seem to be damaged. The Seacons must've ran into them before, or these are stragglers from the Reclamation. Either way, it makes this fight easier." Skullgrin grunted as a mace-tail slammed onto his back, cracking armour pieces off the Pretender. "Or not."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

"Thanks!" Octane said to Skullgrin. "Seems like I owe you one."

Octane quickly returned the favor by blasting the Sharkticon that hit Skullgrin to pieces. "They're less durable than I remember them to be. Not that I am complaining. I want this mission to be over with as soon as possible. Let's make our way to the control room so we can get this thing floating up."
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Skullgrin smiled at Octane, gratefully smiling because of the help from the triple changer. "Nice shot." He said.

"While it is true that these Sharkticons are weaker, they are a hindrance to our mission. I propose that you and I find the control room while the other me cover our backs."

Skullgrin's shell growled, accepting his other self's plan. Brandishing his curved axe/blade weapon, the shell threw himself towards the school (?) of ragtag Sharkticons, hacking left and right. Skullgrin's inner robot ran — well, not so much as ran as waddled — towards Octane. "Let's go!"
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Octane swims over to what seems to be an entry hatch. He's trying to open up the door by pressing a combination of numbers, but it doesn't seem to work. "Guess we'll have to do it the old fasioned way."

Octane aims his gun at the door and blasts it open. "Got to do some remodeling on this thing anyway. Let's Go Skullgrin."
Aspiring DJ!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

The Pretender nodded approvingly. "After rusting for so long under here, a remodel would be very fitting." Skullgrin followed Octane into the room, and hissed, "I do think this is the control room, yes."

"Now to find the panel that controls the magnetic clamps..." Skullgrin said, as he floated up to a console.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

"This should be it,Skullgrin," Octane says as he point to 2 levers. "It seems that the levers need to be pulled simultaniously." Octane grabs hold of one lever and points to the other. "You grab the other one. On 3, we pull. One, two ..."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Skullgrin nodded as he paddled over to the lever, and placed his hand on it, waiting for Octane to arrive on 'three'.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Tyrant

Jury Rig opened a coms channel

"What progress Skullgrin?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

"We think we've unlocked the magnetic clamps." Skullgrin replied to Detritus as he glanced at Octane. There was a distant rumble as said clamps unlatched themselves from the sea bed.

"Yup, that was it." Skullgrin replied. "The Tyrant is able to pick the Underwater Base up, yes?"

As he said this, Skullgrin's Shell waddled into the bridge, a Sharkticon's robot mode head hanging out of his jaws. Skullgrin sighed. "Spit that out this instant. Sharkticons could give me- us- a disease." the Pretender snapped. The shell whined, but obeyed nevertheless.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

As the Underwater Base rose up to the surface, Octane opened the shutters that were in front of the windows. He spots the remaining group of Sharkticons that they were battling earlier. "Guess we'll never really be rid of those," he says to Skullgrin.
Aspiring DJ!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Skullgrin's shell made an agreeable grunt at Octane's comment even as the Underwater Base began to rise up from the murky depths.

Dead bodies of transformers flaked off the edges of the base. Skullgrin frowned. "You know why they call this the rust sea? That's why." Skullgrin said, pointing to the seabed where rusted corpses of transformers were piled up high, just visible in the murky brown depths. "So many have died here..."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Tyrant

Jury Rig opened a com link

"Got a tractor lock on the base whenever you're ready."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

"This is Octane. We're ready and good to go."
Aspiring DJ!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Skullgrin nodded as Octane commed Jury Rig, "What kind of weaponry do you think this base has?"

As he said those words, he dog-paddled towards what passed for a weapons console and began to study it. Skullgrin's shell waved his vibro-axe as it watched some Sharkticons swimming outside.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Tyrant

Jury Rig manipulated some controls.

"Engaging Tractor Beam.....Now hold on tight."

The sub sea base started to move upwards as the Tyrant hauled it up out of the depths.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Not-so-Underwater Base

Skullgrin clung onto a console as the Tyrant began to lift the Underwater Base out of water, red optics gleaming as he watched the base being lifted out of water. "Nice. Let's bring this thing home."

Skullgrin's shell, too simple-minded to understand the command, toppled onto his back when the Base began to shake.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Tyrant

Jury Rig adjusted the controls as the base broke the surface of the sea

He opened a com link

"We have separation I'm going to tow you into orbit now."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Tyrant

Jury Rig opened another com open the bilge valves and drain out any water that's seeped in then brace yourrself for passage through the atmosphere.
Springer85
Protoform

ooc: reintroducing Ruckus! Hope you like!

Post by Springer85 »

Stanix Border

Ruckus finally made it to the Border of Tarn where the air was radiation free and it nothing would interfere with his com systems. He wasn't not a happy 'bot right now. He knows that he's known for his toughness, but this was pushing it.

Some Solar Cycle's ago

After the shuttle was landed near Fort Scyk, Cyclonus, Roadblock, Barrage and others exited the shuttle and set out to search for the Matrix. Ruckus was left behind to guard the shuttle from anybody that might think of stealing it. Inside the shuttle, he would be safe from the radiation that covered most of Stanix.

When his fellow Decepticons vanished in the distance, Ruckus took place in the pilot seat and put his feet on the panel in front of him and leaned back. - Guard duty. Pfft. Great. - he thought then. It didn't take long however for mutated Cybertronians to find the shuttle and started to hammer on it. Ruckus jumped up from his seat and picked up his hand held blaster and triggered his heavy-duty rocket launchers that fire mercury tipped explosives. He opened up the shuttle's door and immediately started firing at the zombies that were attacking the shuttle. It had to be a dozen of them and Ruckus managed to take one out immediately with his first shot. He couldn't fire his rockets at close range. It would surely damage him also.

A mutated Cybertronian jumped on Ruckus' back and started to scratch his optics out and Ruckus tried his best to get him off his back, but with others advancing to him, he had to keep those at bay too. With his vision pretty much obscured, he tried to move away from the shuttle as much as he could. With enough distance between him and the shuttle, he could fire at random. Ruckus managed to take out 2 more of the zombies before the zombie on his back managed to sink his hand into one of Ruckus' optics and pulled it out. Ruckus yelled it out in pain and immediately retracted his rocket launches, crushing the zombie on his back in the process. Ruckus dropped down on his hands and knees. -Slagging zombies! - he thought.

Ruckus got back up on his feet and saw 4 zombies approaching him. Ruckus immediately transformed and headed on a collision course with the zombies. He rammed them with high velocity and ran over two of them, eliminating them in the process. He quickly transformed back to robot mode and immediately fired at the other two zombies, taking them out with headshots. - Exploding heads. My favorite kind.-

Ruckus looked around. It looked like that he cleared out any enemy, he forgot though, that there were still 2 zombies around. One was down, but grabbed one of Ruckus' leg. It startled Ruckus and distracted Ruckus long enough for the other zombie to take a good chuck out of Ruckus' chest, taking his Decepticon insignia in the process. -Argh! Fraggin' zombies! - Immediately, Ruckus grabbed the zombie by the head with both hands and crushed his head. The other zombie that was feasting on Ruckus' leg was just as lucky when Ruckus managed to break free and Ruckus gave him a stomp on the head, crushing his final attacker's head too.

Ruckus looked around him. There was no sign of any zombie near by and Ruckus decided to find shelter in a run down building close by. He hobbled over to it and sat down. It wasn't wise to sit where he was right now due to the radiation, but it was easier to take out any other zombie that wanted to destroy the shuttle from this position.

After a while, he saw that Cyclonus and the others had returned to the shuttle. Ruckus wanted to return to the shuttle too, but because they were being chased by Imperial soldiers, Cyclonus and the others made a break for it and left Ruckus behind.

Ruckus was now out in the open and with his fellow Decepticons gone, the Imperial Soldier turned around and spotted Ruckus. - Oh frag! - he thought. Zombies are one thing, Imperials are a whole different thing. Ruckus was up against five of them. It seemed that they weren't interested in taking prisoners as they immediately started firing at Ruckus. Ruckus fired back, but with the Imperial's blasters set to max, one of them shot Ruckus' blaster out of his hand, taking a few of his digits with them. The Imperials were running towards his position and Ruckus triggered his cannons. He wanted to fire, but his cannons were jammed! He had no choice but to fight them hand to hand.

The 5 Imperials formed a circle around him and Ruckus was boxed in. With no where to go, Ruckus started to taunt them, trying to make one of them go for the first move. One did, but since Ruckus had only one working optic, he couldn't see it coming. Ruckus was tackled and being held down with his back to the ground. Two Imperials started to pull on his left arm and eventually pulled it out of his frame. Ruckus screamed in pain and the Imperials started to laugh at him. As the all stood close to him, one of them waved Ruckus' arm in his face to mock him. "Slagging pieces of scrap! You dare laugh at me! I'm the toughest Spawn of a Glitch this side of the universe!" he yelled at them. As they kept laughing at him, he overrides his safety protocols for his rocket launchers and fired them at close range. A large explosion followed and the Imperial Troopers were blown to pieces.

Ruckus was out of it for a few kliks. When he finally came to, his rocket launchers were destroyed, his left arm was ripped off, one of his optics was pulled out, missing some of his fingers and his right leg had been used as lunch by a zombie. He could barely walk and with the radiation entering his systems, he needed to get out of Stanix as quick as he could. Unable to transform, he stumbled over to the border of Tarn, hoping the he wouldn't run into more of those crazy zombies.

Present

Ruckus crossed the Tarn border and fell down. He had used most of his energy he had left to keep the radiation poisoning at bay, but he was starting to run low. His systems were advising stasis lock to prevent loss of spark, but he had to override that command twice. He had enough energon left to keep him online for a few more mega-cycles. He needed to send out a distress signal though to let the others in Crystal City know that he was still alive. Sending out a distress call would greatly diminish his chances of survival, but he had to risk it.

"Kzzt .... this is Ruckus calling ... brrzztt ... Crystal City command ... tzzzt .... still functioning, but barely..... Only a few more cycles left .... brrrrrt... come pick me up .... at border of Stanix and Tarn .... get a fix on my location .....tzzrrrttt.... over."
Aspiring DJ!