[New RPG] The Two Solitudes: Iacon (Autobot)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

War Academy Halls

"Yeah," Wheeljack replied to Highbrow. "What you said." Wheeljack felt the same way as the others did probably. Leaving somebody behind is never a good thing. Especially if that mech comes to save your rusty tailpipe.

"Is there nothing we can do for him?" Wheeljack asked Topspin.

_______

Volks suddenly sat up. Shocked that Sky Lynx suddenly appeared on his screen. "Why you over grown tin can!" Volks shouted. "You don't just force yourself onto a screen! Especially not the one I'm working on!"

Volks scratched his head. If you're waiting for the debrief, you'll have to wait. Prowl's not here and Sentinel doesn't want to be disturbed right now."
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Chip1123
Protoform

War Academy Halls

Post by Chip1123 »

"You saw how easily that thing shrugged off our fire. If we had stayed, we'd probably be deactivated by now. Short of sending in a front line unit dripping with armor and weapons, I don't think so." Topspin replied to Wheeljack.

"He's the best we have. If he can't stop that thing, I don't know who can." Topspin finished as they reached the entrance to the War Room and the doors opened. "Alright guys, we're here. He said, walking through the room and heading to the debriefing room inside.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Lady Quickswitch

Post by Lady Quickswitch »

War Room, War Academy

Sky Lynx's image chuckled to Volks' objection, "Your terminal thought differently! It recognized and put my communication at priority," there was that subtle emphasis to his personal pronouns and he spoke clearly in jest. His face moved reluctantly to a smaller terminal, "Ah, here they come now." Sentinel's absence, wanting to be alone, Sky Lynx understood. The beast didn't blame him, at least, for that.

=======

Incision tapped the edge of his stylus against the data-pad. The page turned. It was Squawktalk's latest work. He reached for a glass and sipped the lingering fog from the top of the glowing infusion.

He set it down. The ions were no longer polarized enough to be palatable, so engrossing was the book.

No.

It was something else.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

War Room, War Academy

Sentinel was counting. A being with an ego his size hated being delayed as such.

Especially from what amounted to a computer with a spark shoved into it.

"I have orders from Prime to do what I have to in order to defeat the Decepticons. You will find that divulging data to the military would be... in all our best interests. It's for the good of the planet, you see." Sentinel said through gritted teeth. He doubted he could stand this arrogant talking motherboard for much longer.

In the War Room, an aqua-blue life-sized holoprojection of Prowl would materialize.

Ginrai had been silent. Comtemplating, no doubt. But Prowl had his duties to do. And while physically he was still crouching beside Ginrai and Smokescreen, waiting patiently for the techno-organic assassin to answer, he needed to be elsewhere.

So he compromised -- part of his mind could take part in the debriefing.

Multitasking. An essential skill.

Prowl gave Sky Lynx (or rather, his image) a salute. "Congratulations on a successful mission, sir."

But his tone was flat. He did not want to raise false hope. Their best soldier, Magnus, was gone, and they had Wheeljack and Highbrow for the trade. This was not good, Prowl decided. It would be a terrible blow for morale.

And partially it was Prowl's fault for sending them into Kaon, but a strategist must learn not to look back at casualties. It was something Obsidian taught him.

"Great job on your first assignment, Volks." Prowl told the cadet. Best to praise him, make him feel like he belonged. "You have performed admirably in this crisis. I see a great future with the military for you."

Prowl's holo-avatar turned to greet Topspin, Highbrow and Wheeljack. "Welcome." Prowl said, "This is Lieutenant Commander Sky Lynx, and I am General Prowl. (OOC: too tired to think up of a cool-sounding rank, so.) Military Commander Sentinel will be with you soon. He is recuperating from injuries of an attack."

Prowl then kept his mouth shut, allowing, as decorum dictated, for the higher ranking officer, in this case Sky Lynx, to speak first.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

War Room, War Academy

Soundwave eventually responded. "Verbal orders, perhaps. But unless you can provide the orders in writing from the Prime's office -- which, incidentally, I know you can't do since I have access to all his outgoing documents -- I simply cannot help you. If my programming were more flexible, perhaps, but the Prime and Senate thought that giving me free will would be too great a risk. I am physically incapable of helping you."

The communications system spoke calmly and matter-of-factly, but it couldn't be denied that he was essentially throwing the Autobot upper echelon's shortsighted decisions back in their face. That was impossible, of course. The capacity for emotions like spite was one of the many other things that the technicians had cut out of Soundwave when they made him what he was.

"Once you have those orders, naturally, I will do whatever you ask. As now, I wouldn't have a choice."

Cells, War Academy

Smokescreen was disappointed by Ginrai's non-responsive nature. It wasn't uncommon, he knew, for patients who suffered as much trauma as he had to collapse into themselves. It was damned inconvenient, though.

"I should probably excuse myself," he told Prowl. "My, ahem, mystery outer space patient still needs my attention, after all."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

War Room, War Academy

Sentinel gritted his teeth. Stop ignoring me, he wanted to shout out loud. The wait, the non-answers....

This day keeps getting better and better, and that was meant in the most sarcastic way possible.

Sentinel did not even bother to reply to Soundwave's non-answer. It's obvious he didn't- couldn't help without orders in writing. "Zeta Prime is en route to Kaon, Soundwave." Sentinel growled. "I need this in order to provide intel to him. He can't bloody well make a signed written copy from there!"

Sentinel clenched his fists. It technically wasn't Soundwave's fault, and the talking computer didn't even sound smug... which irritated Sentinel even worse.

"Damn the Senate." Sentinel growled. "Fine. The Senate will do, you say?"

At least it'll give them something to argue about, while the military handled the real problems...

Cells, War Academy

(OOC: Brave, if you're back, give me a shout so we can do this conversation. :))

Prowl's holo-avatar in the War Room's meeting room would freeze up for a moment in a poker face expression, while his real body withdrew blinked back, concentrating on Smokescreen.

"Very well, then." Prowl told Ginrai, reaching the same conclusion as Smokescreen had. His voice, for that moment, had a hint of warmth, as much warmth as Prowl could possibly muster. "I understand if you're not in a talking mood. Think about it.... You can stay here. My soldiers have orders to keep you comfortable. When you are ready, you can tell me whether you decide to divulge information about the Decepticons or not."

It was almost as if Prowl understood how Ginrai felt, being used as a weapon...

But any emotion was once again washed away on Prowl's face as he turned to regard his mold-brother. "The janitor? Honestly, Smokescreen, the amount of time you give to your patients... makes you a better doctor, I suppose... just be safe out there. You never know where these Decepticons might strike again."

Prowl gestured at Hot Spot and Yoketron (OOC: they're around there, IIRC?). "Come, we have a debriefing to attend and it would most certainly be better if you two are present. Your input, after all, would be appreciated..."

Prowl then turned to regard Yoketron personally. "Master Yoketron, I have... dire news. We have credible evidence that shows that the enemy, these Decepticon revolutionaries, have torn apart the Temple of Primus in Kaon." Prowl said this with an emotionless tone. He regretted the loss of the lives there, of course, but whatever secrets the Temple had... that was another tipping point in this war...

That said, Prowl turned around and began walking briskly towards the War Room, nodding at two guards to keep an optic on Ginrai.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

War Academy, War Room

"Yeah yeah, whatever," Volks replied to Prowl. "Glad to be of service and all." The praise from Prowl was nice to hear. At least he didn't think that he was incompetent, altough Volks knew that himself too. The tasks he was given was't really that hard, though hacking into the Kaon Polytechnic Institute was nice. He had always wanted to do that, and now he was practically ordered to.

War Academy, Halls

Jazz's arm was reattached and he was heading towards the War Room for the debrief. While a mission is a mission and he followed the orders to the letter, leaving Magnus to his fate felt wrong somehow. He was a strong believer of the term 'we all go home, or nobody goes home.' However, the scientists took priority and Magnus had told them to go.

He could only wonder what that sixchanging Transformer would do to him and if Magnus survived.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

OOC: Appologies again for the long wait, things are hopefully starting to settle down around here finally.

War Academy

Yoketron would nodd to Prowl's message, ever stoic. The news seemed to be no suprize to him, or he was at least keeping himself in check. Given the nature of the Temple Knights, he may have already recieved word from his associates via the extra-sensory powers they were all rumored to possess.

Yoketron would turn once more to Ginrai. "When you are in better condition and ready, I still wish to speak with you." ((PM or OOC and I'll send him back there XD ))

With that, Yoketron would follow with Prowl and Volks back to the War Room.

Police Station

Hound really wasn't sure how to go about tutoring Raiku, since he had no idea what it was like for him to see things as he did. He opted for going with navigational skills, the tips and tricks to keep a scout from getting lost while trailing someone, how to recognize where you were in a subterrainian environment. Most of the environmental stuff Raiku was already aware of, being a maitenance worker, but Hound still managed to find ways to relate things to military purposes that Raiku would find helpful. Scouting rule one, after all, was that if you were dead lost or captured, you couldn't report back what you'd found...
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

War Room, War Academy

"Very well," Soundwave told Sentinel. "Contact me again if and when you have their permission."

The communication ended with a soft click.

Cells, War Academy

Smokescreen gave Prowl a wry half-smile. "I'm always careful, old friend. You don't need to worry about me." He waited until they were out of Ginrai's earshot before saying, "do you have transport arranged for me?"

Police Station

Red Alert excused himself from the room, leaving Hound and Raiku to do their work. Returning to his desk, he settled in and began skimming old police reports.

This can't be the first time this has happened, he told himself. I just need to look deep enough to find the pattern and connect it all together...
Shine

Post by Shine »

Cells, War Academy

With the situation coming to a standstill—or more appropriately, Ginrai being handled in the correct fashion—Hot Spot trailed Prowl as he made his way to the War Room. Before withdrawing from the cells, however, Hot Spot directed one final look at the Technorganic. Even though he had launched a rather savage attack on Sentinel there was something about Ginrai that suggested otherwise, that there was something good about him.

Unfortunately there were other matters to attend to, Hot Spot being well aware of that fact. Immobility never managed to place itself high on his agenda so he increased his pace and set after Prowl. There was little he could achieve here, in comparison to the debriefing which was to be held in the War Room.
Blackjack

OOC: Crud, I could've sworn I replied in this thread...

Post by Blackjack »

War Academy, War Room

Prowl was actually expecting a reaction from Yoketron, but when he received none, he mentally put it out of his head.

He suspected that Yoketron was receiving intel from the Temple Knights, but not sharing it with them... or Yoketron might just have as good a poker face as Prowl does. Either way, it doesn't really matter... although Prowl hoped that he could have someone like Jazz on the Temple Knight base so they could each play their own spying game.

But that's being paranoid. Something Smokescreen told him he tended to do.

Speaking of Smokescreen, Prowl chuckled. "Careful? Hah! The only reason you haven't gotten hurt is because I've always looked out for you. In any case, yes, I believe transport can be arranged. Shuttle... let's see... BT-01. We won't need it military-wise. Besides, your janitor truly needs your help."

Prowl watched Hot Spot out of the corner of his eye. A good soldier, a follower of orders, yet intelligent enough to improvise. A useful piece.

No, a useful soldier. Stop thinking of your soldiers as pieces.

As he walked into the War Room, Prowl spotted Jazz, and nodded. He didn't offer any condolences or congratulations, as either would rub salt in Jazz's proverbial wound. Certainly Magnus' loss would sting at Jazz, and who knows, he might hold Prowl responsible...

The nerve!

Sentinel slammed the communications console with his fist, and then forced open the CR chamber.

"Sir, are you-"

"I'm fine!" Sentinel growled. "I just can't stand just sleeping away here while the whole world's going to the pit!" It was a lie, but it shut up any more questions his way.

Sentinel took in the people in the room. Volks, Sky Lynx, Terabolt and the others. The briefing. Well, damn. Where is Kup or Prowl when you need-

As if on cue, Prowl appeared.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Halls, War Academy

Smokescreen laughed dutifully, letting Prowl continue to believe that he was protecting the doctor instead of, subtly, the other way around. Friends and brothers they may be, but Prowl was also a patient. He didn't realize it, of course...but Smokescreen took his oaths seriously. It was his duty to look out for everyone's health and well being, whether their payed him or not.

"Thank you. I'll be in touch."

The psychiatrist turned and made his way toward the shuttle bay.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

War Room, War Academy

Upon entering the War Room, Yoketron would break away from those he'd been standing with to go join Terabolt again, taking up a standing possition next to her with his arms folded behind his back. Terabolt herself by now had taken to leaning against the wall, arms crossed in front.

Police Station

The amount of info was dizzying, but Raiku felt he had absorbed most of it by the time Hound had indicated he had to leave. Raiku was still unsure if there was much he could do to help with the case, but he promised to do what he could, and this was better than nothing. His mind was so focused on going over all of the info again that he barely acknowledged the scout wishing him good luck before he left, leaving Raiku in the conference room.

As Hound exited, he would stop briefly by Red Alert to check with him. It was best to update the detective before he took off. "I've done all I can for your bot, the rest is up to him right now. Wish I could do more, but if I stay any later the're gonna mark me AWOL. Hope it'll help you out with this case - we've got enough chaos already without even more trouble loose on the civillian level."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

War Room

Jazz walked into the War Room shortly after Prowl where Sentinel and the others were waiting for the debrief to start. Jazz stood besides Prowl and then turned to Sentinel.

"Commander, as you may know, the extraction of Wheeljack and Highbrow was a success, but I regret to inform you that we have lost Magnus to the enemy."

Jazz walked a few steps forward towards a table and pulled something from subspace. "Before we enctountered the enemy, I found this snooping around the remains of Wheeljack's workshop." Jazz placed the Spyder on the table and took a few steps back. "I don't think it's functional anymore, but I thought it might still be useful."

"It is," Wheeljack spoke up. "I was examining one with Highbrow just before we were attacked by that sixchanger. Now we can continue to determine its origin."

"The enemy that we encountered goes by the name of sixshot and from what I have witnessed, he has six different transformations. I've seen him change from his robot mode into a tank, an armored car and a mechanical beast of some kind."

"The other forms are a gun mode and a jet mode," Wheeljack added. "I've seen it on my camera's before they were destroyed."

Jazz nodded. "The opponent is very formidable and was able to rip my arm off without much effort. The enemy is strong and fast, but not very experienced."

Jazz waited for the others to pitch in before he continued.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Police Station

Red Alert nodded appreciatively to Hound.

"I understand. Thank you for your help," he told the scout. "I'll make sure we let you know how it all turns out." He sighed. "Assuming we don't all turn up as corpses, I mean."

After he'd seen Hound out, the detective returned to the room where Raiku was sitting.

"So," he said flatly. "What now?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

War Room

Prowl glanced around the room, taking in every Autobot (or Autobot ally, as it is) inside the room. Sentinel, Sky Lynx's visage, Rapido, Volks, Jazz, Topspin, Hot Spot, Side Burn, Wheeljack, Highbrow and the Temple Knights Yoketron and Terabolt.

Prowl snapped his fingers and his holo-avatar disappeared. A little theatrical, but one's allowed a few moments like this, no?

He then stood off on the side of the room. It seemed like Prowl simply wanted to let Jazz take center stage, but really it's where he could observe everyone's reactions with ease.

Prowl's attention was piqued by the Spyder, but allowed Wheeljack and Jazz to finish their debriefing.

Sentinel nodded, scowling as he was told about the Spyder and the six-changer. He then glanced at Wheeljack. "So, inventor... I'm going to be frank. Do you think you can replicate this six-changer process... hold the ethical arguments, please. Do you think you can replicate this process, or at least something to combat it?"

Prowl mentally shook his head. To suggest such an aberrant thought in front of Yoketron, while valid, was not the best course of action. Of course, if Smokescreen could rally Omega Supreme, it would be best for all of them... but Prowl didn't put much stock in that happening. And Cog was still nonresponsive about the Maximus Project...

"Wheeljack, and Highbrow, is it? It's a pleasure to make your acquintance." Prowl said, addressing the scientists. Make them feel welcome after Sentinel's brusque line. "We have evidence to believe that the same Decepticon inventors that sent this sixchanger to attack you have gained control of a Vector computer, as well as created a techno-organic Minicon assassin. Do you have any idea who, or what, we are dealing with?"
Chip1123
Protoform

War Room

Post by Chip1123 »

(OOC: Rapido is not in the war room. he is with Kup and the Prime visiting the Decepticons)

"We had significant shielding and weaponry at our former facility." Highbrow interjected. "This 'SixShot' tore through it without difficulty, and shrugged off traditional weaponry from both myself and Wheeljack, along with the team which was sent to extract us."

Topspin nodded at Highbrow assessment. "Yeah. That guy was able to sit there and take several shots from my cannon without so much as a dent, and my guns aren't nothing to scoff at."

Highbrow was about to reply back to Topspin when Sentinel and Prowl asked their respective questions. "Given sufficient time and resources, I believe it is possible to recreate the process, or find a weapon which can shut him down. As far as who could be behind the creation, there are only a few on Cybertron with the knowledge and expertise."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Hangar, War Academy

Smokescreen checked in with the duty officer when he arrived.

"I'm Dr. Smokescreen," he identified himself. "Prowl said he'd have a shuttle ready for me?"

"Of course, sir. Right this way." The bland-faced officer led him into the bay. "What did you say your destination was, again?"

"I'm not rightly sure," he admitted. "But it should be in the file. Some sort of orbital station, I'm told."

"Sounds exciting," the officer told him sarcastically.

"So I'm told."
Lady Quickswitch

Post by Lady Quickswitch »

War Room, War Academy

"What?!" The lieutenant commander's image flickered on the screen it occupied, "I must say, we barely know a thing about this multi-transformer!" his optical band flared accusingly at Sentinel.

What recklessness. What shocking disregard!

He proclaimed, "Even with the data in our hands, it's not license to tamper with established order. If you do proceed, expect a formal complaint at the very least. It's even been written!"

Sky Lynx looked at everyone in turn--holographic images to him--and finally settling expectantly on Yoketron.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

(OOC: Sorry about that. :glance:)

War Room, War Academy

Prowl nodded at Highbrow's explanation. This 'Sixshot' sounded more and more a powerful weapon, a walking doomsday device.

Still, he was just a single soldier.

Prowl turned to Topspin, and his lips thinned even more. Not so much as a dent from someone with a tank alternate mode like Topspin... He glanced at Sentinel, who was scratching the underside of his oversized chin.

"Name them. We need to know who we're likely to be dealing with." Sentinel replied to Highbrow. "And, uh, resources are not a problem. We need to find something to kill this Sixshot. We'll have to know what we're dealing with. Techno-organic monkeys... multi-formers... what's the world come to?"

Sentinel glared at Sky Lynx, and Prowl thought damn.

"Precisely why Wheeljack and Highbrow are here, Sky Lynx. Enough time have been wasted on complaints and permission forms and stuff like that while the enemy, the enemy have our best soldier captured, maybe killed. Who knows what intel they may scrounge from Magnus? They have destroyed one of our base, they have sent an assassin to kill me, they have evidently taken control of a Vector computer, Zeta Prime has seen fit to fly to the heart of the enemy camp, they have walking weapons of mass destruction, and we don't even know what we're dealing with! If we don't fight fire with fire, we might as well burn." Sentinel's optics narrowed. "File a complaint if you want, but I'm taking the fight to the enemy. We can argue semantics after we cut of Megatron's head."