[New RPG] The Two Solitudes: Kaon (Decepticon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Ulcrain
Protoform

Post by Ulcrain »

(OOC: Cute reference to the early days of the RPG, Blackjack;))

Govaners Palece

Ratbat turned to Obsidian ''Ah, General Obsidian, I've herad of you and your battle against the Quintesson Empire, quite respectible I must say'' Ratbat said while Obsidian floated to Megatron. He ten turned to Clench ''I've got a new question'' Ratbat's optics narrowed ''Soundwave''

Mindwipe talked into his com-link again, ''Do you think I should tell Megatron about Sixshot Scorps?'' He waited for a responce
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Kaon Tunnels

"We've got to keep moving," Wheeljack said to Highbrow. "My equilibrium distorting granades only work for so long and I don't have that much tricks on me," he said while running. He opened up a compartment on his arm and grabbed two small items from it. He stopped moving and slapped one of the items on Highbrow and activated it immediately. "Here. This should give us a little extra protection. I call it an overshield. It's based on the same energy shield that I used to protect our lab," he said while putting one on himself too and that started running again. "Should at least keep protect us for a little while, though with this guy it probably won't last long."

It was then that Sixshot's blasts were heading their way. "Hit the deck!" Wheeljack shouted while covering his head. "I'm beginningto think that there's no help coming at al..."

Outside Wheeljack's Workshop's remains

Jazz transformed to robot mode and looked at the destruction that was caused to it. "This doesn't look good," Jazz said, realizing that it was a bit of an understatement. Something or someone really went to work here and didn't want to leave anything left standing.

He pulled his rifle from subspace. "Topspin, Streetwise. Stay close and be on guard. If this multichanger guy did this then we're going to be in quite a fight."

Jazz entered what was left of the building and immediately spotted the spyder that was working his way through Wheeljacks systems. The spyder stopped working, knowing that it was spotted and try to scurry away, but Jazz managed to shoot it before it could escape. He walked over to its remains and picked it up. He looked at it, shaked it a little and decided to sunspace it, thinking that it might be useful later.

"Volks, are you reading me?" Jazz spoke through his comlink to Volks and Network who were monitoring their progress. "No sign of Wheeljack or the multi-changer. Place looks pretty much destroyed and I don't think there's anything usefull left here. Did see a small mech working through Wheeljack's systems. I suspect that it was trying to extract data or something."

Moving a few steps forward, he noticed the big gaping hole in the floor large enough to fit a tank. He signaled over to the others. "This way men," and then jumped down the hole into the tunnels.

Temple of Primus

"Your fascination with organics is sickening," Tarantulas said to Scorponok.

He rubbed his chin while he was walking with Scorponok and Predacon. "I'm sure that we're able to repeat the process, yes," Tarantulas replied to Scorponok. "But without the Vector computer, results might not be as satisfactory. We would need to do more experimenting before we can apply it to ourselves." The thought alone of experimenting on helpless mechs made him giggle a little.

Above the Governor's Palace

Springer had decided to head towards the direction of the Governor's Palace like Tarantulas had suggested. With the Palace in sight, Springer decrased his speed and started to land close to it. Close to the ground, he transformed and started walking towards the entrance of the Palace.

Guards were standing at the door, but with Springer's Decepticon symbol shining brightly on his chest he could enter without any trouble.

He started walking through the building and looked at the various mechs in the palace. He thought he recognized some of the mechs but wasn't certain.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Outside

Predacon frowned, then picked the most random of Scorponok's thoughts to comment on. "Wait, what's wrong with the Vehicons? I think they have dazzling personalities, myself."

Transforming into his twin-rotor helicopter mode, he headed off toward the palace. The newly-spawned minions followed suit, half transforming into aircraft and the others into cars.

Governor's Palace

Skullgrin took a second to think before he answered Grimlock.

"I think they've got a good chance of it," he said at last. "And really, considering how bad a job the government in Iacon does most of the time I think they'll be a big improvement."

Megatron stroked his chin thoughtfully as he heard what Thrust had to say. Obviously he wasn't happy that any of the Autobot oppressors survived, but he decided he could spin that into something useful.

"Your job was to destroy the base," he told them. "Survivors aren't a bad thing. They'll crawl back to Iacon and tell their superiors stories about how they were bested by the smallest fraction of the invincible Decepticon army!" He smiled when Skywarp expanded on the story. "That is, if the...Stunticons don't finish them off first. You three did well."

His expression turned into a slight frown.

"Although I do seem to remember there being five of you when you left. What happened to Thundercracker and Dreadwing?"

Lugnut fidgeted uncomfortably.

As Ratbat mentioned Soundwave's name, one of the palace's security cameras stopped sweeping the room. Instead, it fixed on the pinkish figure and tracked it's movements.

Soundwave was listening.
Ulcrain
Protoform

Post by Ulcrain »

(OOC: Uh, Warcry, I imagine Ratbat as being a bit more purple than pink...)

Governor's Palace

Ratbat thought back to one moment, a important moment.

Ratbat gestrued to the audience ''And I here by show us the future of comunications! Soundwave!'' (OOC: Ladies and gentlemen, I have officaly tied Ratbat into Soundwave's backround!:clap:)

Thundercracker jolted awake ''I am Thundercracker, as for Dreadwind, who is he?'' he said to that question.
Chip1123
Protoform

Kaon Tunnels

Post by Chip1123 »

Highbrow had been about to reply when Wheeljack said to hit the deck. He didn't bother with his reply while he had more important things to worry about - such as saving his own metal hide.

The blast tore through moments afterwards. "While the devices are much appreciated," Highbrow began, standing back up and running "I agree they will only delay our destruction if we are forced into a direct confrontation with our pursuer. Our best bet is to lose him in the tunnels, but it would be hard for help to find us as well, if any is coming."

-----------------------------------

Governor's Palace

"They kinda flaked on us." Thrust said in reply to Megatron, not wanting to cover for someone who did not have his back. "Or we thought they did anyways. Unless they had seperate orders?" He said, the question held out there.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
ScreamerFan

Post by ScreamerFan »

Governor's Palace

Motormaster, with his fellow Stunticons, entered the governor's palace. Once inside they saw that the fight with Megatron and Sunstreaker was over. He walked up to Megatron, and greeted him. "Lord Megatron, my Stunticons and I have returned. Unfortunately we weren't able to destroy the Autobots. It seems they had something more dire to attend to, and knowing we were outnumbered I ordered my Stunticons not to fire. I know we messed up, but remember who was supposed to finish the job in the first place." He finished, stayed silent, and waited for Megatron's response.
--------------------
Workshop Remains

Entering the destroyed workshop, Streetwise pointed his gun in any direction he could find as Jazz destroyed the spyder. When Jazz found the hole and jumped in, he followed. Once he landed he kept his gun pointed in the only direction of the tunnel. Wanting to suprise the attacker he commed Jazz: So, do we know how big this multichanger is?
"I have been a fool. Made mistakes. Monumental ones. But I have gained a clear understanding of my place in the universe. Of who I am. Starscream: aligned with no side; servant, to no one."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Kaon Tunnels

Sixshot growled as he shook of the effects of the equilibrium distorting grenades. In his armored car mode he slowly tracked the grenades planted on the wall, as well as the moving Wheeljack and Highbrow.

The ideal thing to do was to turn into tank mode and fire scatter bombs all over the place, but the tunnel had a too small ceiling for that.'

He'll just have to make do.

Sixshot tracked the grenades, and began shooting them with his hypersonic concussion cannons, taking down the grenades before they could affect him, although he did send a pair of blasts at the overshield-ed Wheeljack and Highbrow.

He realized there was... noise behind him.

More prey.

But first

His real target

Then he can play.

Once he was sure he had destroyed the equilibrium grenades, Sixshot transformed into beast mode, and with a snarl bounded after Wheeljack and Highbrow, his claws skittering sharply against the metal, his wings flexing on his back, his optics blood red.

Temple of Primus

Scorponok shrugged and spoke in a manner that imitated Predacon. "You just lost your mad scientist cred, Tarantulas."

He frowned. "Perhaps the Vector computer was the only one that knew how to do it, but we can damn well replicate the process, can we not? After all, I carry this silly orange scanning visor for a reason." Scorponok tapped the visor which covered a good part of his face, as it slid back onto the recesses of his helmet. "It has been... recording everything."

Turning to Predacon, he shook his head. "They've got more personality than you at least, you git." Scorponok transformed into his own construction vehicle alternate mode, tank treads rumbling and his shovel-claws clacking as he rolled towards Kolkular.

Governor's Palace

Grimlock nodded silently, pondering what Skullgrin just told him.

Would he betray everything he had fought for, the military, everything? Why wouldn't he? Even Obsidian, with all his 'Cybertron is the only cause worth fighting for' credo, thinks that Megatron is a better leader. True, the Senate is rubbish.

And here, at least, he would be able to fight. Would be able to... kill? Yes. Satiate his bloodlust. Take out the Senate. It would be... fun to join.

Fun...

"Me, Grimlock, know Iacon gov'ment is stupid." He said at last. "Where me, Grimlock sign up for Decepta- Decepticons?"

Obsidian felt a twinge of annoyance as more troops arrived in front of Megatron, and shrugged.

He hovered closer, and spoke out loud in that ever-confident, deep voice of his, "Greetings, Governor Megatron."

Skywarp gave Thrust a grin when Megatron told them that survivors aren't a bad thing. "Yeah, there were only three of us and, what, forty, fifty of them? We kicked their tailpipes real good!"

He shrugged. "They sort of disappeared after the initial bombing. Thundercracker is here, though he seems rather lost. No idea where Dreadwing is. Mebbe they thought they didn't have to be thorough."

He glanced as the strange-looking Obsidian called for Megatron's attention, but ignored him.

He then glanced at Motormaster and scowled. "Those survivors were supposed to bring back tales about how scary the Decepticon Seekers were, that three were able to kill fifty of them!" But knowing that Megatron was nearby, Skywarp didn't say anymore, for fear of irritating their leader.
Shine

Post by Shine »

(OOC: You know, on second thought, I'm going to pick up Dead End again and drop Wildrider instead. Sorry for being so fickle. >.>)

Governor's Palace

To say Dead End was nervous would have been a profound understatement. When the Stunticons failed to complete one of their missions, Motormaster always seized the opportunity to discuss the particulars of their fiasco...with his fists. Honestly, it would have been more ideal to have been carted away by the Autobots.

He constantly threw anxious glances at his team-mates, attempting to evaluate their expressions, see if they shared his sentiments. He carried out the same process on Megatron and Motormaster, though with a generous dose of subtlety. He fidgeted with his actuators all the while; they ran across the surface of his cranial unit multiple times in a purposeless search.

Dead End was becoming a mess. But who could blame him? He was in the presence of the Decepticon faction leader, not some maintenance drone zipping around the palace. One could never ascend to such a position without possessing a staggering ruthlessness, an unimaginable abundance of power, and unequalled intelligence.

At least if Megatron did terminate him it would be quick. He might not even feel a thing.

Finally concious of his fiddling, Dead End ceased it. He leaned over to Drag Strip who was standing beside him and spoke in a quiet tone. “What do you think? Do you reckon Motormaster has shifted the blame well enough onto those Seekers, or are we in for it again?”
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Governor's Palace

Springer walk around the palace and spotted some mechs that he remembered from the Arena. He remembers that he was a spectator at some of the events and that it was his wish to participate in one of the fights. He remembers being different back then, but nothing more than that.

He looked over at Grimlock. He remembered him. Self proclaimed king of the arena. He mostly remembers him because he was so loud. Springer smiled. He looked over to another side of the room and saw a nervous mech talking to what seemed to be his collegue.

So what to do? Springer thought to himself. He felt like he didn't really belong here, but from what he had heard so far in the room, Iacon wasn't much of an option either. He wanted action and it seemed that this is the place be for that.

Springer's presence had not gone unnoticed by Razorclaw. There was a certain ... aura ... about him that immediately caught his attention. Like him, he too felt out of place and uneasy with such a large group. Since he found someone that had something in common with another mech, he decided to walk up to him.

"The name's Razorclaw," he said extending his hand. "What's yours stranger?"

"Springer," he replied with a smile on his face. "Quite a crowd here. Wondering what's going on."

"There's supposed to be some kind of announcement from what I've heard so far," he replied. "I've kept to myself for the most time. Saves energy."

Springer nodded. "Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens."

Kaon Tunnels

"Got no clue," Jazz replied to Streetwise. "We've got to expect the worst. "Judging from the size of the hole in the floor, I'm going to guess quite big"

Jazz moved forward. The sound of the explosions were getting closer and pointed his rifle forward, ready for anything. "Let's move forward."

The blasts that Sixshot fired managed to strike Wheeljack in the back with full impact! Luckily the overshield absorbed the impact, but that meant its protection was gone. The impact of the blast sent Wheeljack flying forward and made him crash into a wall.

"Oooh my achin head," he said while trying to pick himself up. "I fear my good friend," he said to Highbrow, that if we don't find a way out of these tunnels, we're going to have to make a stand and hope for the best."

Wheeljack turned his head and a fear started to show in his optics. He could hear Sixshot approaching fast and was afraid that only option two was on the table now and that all was lost.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
ScreamerFan

Post by ScreamerFan »

Governor's Palace

Motormaster, overhearing Skywarp, replied, "Forty or fifty? You may have blown up a building, but how do know how many Cybertronian lives were lost just in that blast? I doubt you do. When my Stunticons and I arrived there were only two Autobots there, then two more arrived. You never faced more than that, and if I remember correctly, you were getting you afts kicked. Now if I were you I wouldn't lie to your superior officer. You may try to be funny, but I'm not laughing." Not wanting Megatron to hear his last statement he commed the teleporting Seeker, "If it was up to me, your spark would already be extinguished."

Drag Strip whispered back to Dead End, "Hopefully that puts the blame on the Seekers."
--------------------
Kaon Tunnels

That's reassuring." Streetwise replied back.
"I have been a fool. Made mistakes. Monumental ones. But I have gained a clear understanding of my place in the universe. Of who I am. Starscream: aligned with no side; servant, to no one."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Outside

"Ah! You cut me to the quick, dear Scorponok!" Predacon told his partner mockingly. "However will I recover?"

As he approached the palace, he transformed back to robot mode. His small squad of Vehicons did the same.

"Oh, right. By remembering the fact that I've known the governor since the moment we were built, and you're just some random senator he probably doesn't like. Behave yourself while we're inside. Brother Meggy doesn't take well to the kind of shenanigans that you like to get up to."

Governor's Palace

Skullgrin gave Grimlock another one of his actor's smiles.

"I think you just did. Last I checked the Decepticons weren't too big on paperwork. Let's go with Obsidian to introduce ourselves to Megatron and make it official."

Megatron looked over at Thundercracker, then back to Thrust and Skywarp. Then, finally, to Motormaster. He groaned. It would be obvious to anyone who knew him well that the Decepticon leader was on the verge of breaking something. Lugnut could obviously tell, since he was taking pains to keep his distance from Megatron without looking like he was keeping his distance.

"You're soldiers, not a street gang," he told them testily. "I expect my Decepticons to keep track of their orders and the members of their unit, not to 'guess' about what happened after the fact and certainly not to waste their energy trying to pin blame onto someone else instead of admitting their mistakes and learning from them."

"Motormaster," he said sharply, "trying to convince me to blame someone other than you and your men for this mess is only going to do the opposite of what you're hoping for. Next time, just report your status and keep the editorial to yourself. I will decide for myself who is in the wrong. And as for you, Skywarp, it would be a very good idea for you to shut your mouth before it digs you into an even deeper hole."

He didn't even deign to look at Obsidian until he'd finished lecturing the troops.

"Do I know you?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Kaon Tunnels

Sixshot chuckled as his blast hit Wheeljack.

It did not kill him.

No matter. Multiple shots.

Much more fun.

Sixshot chuckled, savoring the moment, as he stalked towards Wheeljack and Highbrow, scratching his claws on the ground. There were noises behind him... but it does not matter.

The prey is the priority.

The prey is going to be dead.

Governor's Palace

Skywarp ignored Motormaster, as he replied meekly to Megatron. "Yes, sir. Sorry, sir." the Seeker said, shutting his mouth.

For his world he had no idea what he had done to make Megatron so angry. He did his job, he delivered his report... so it must be Motormaster that was in the fault for butting in on their report. And Thundercracker, for bailing out on them.

He'll ask Thrust and Lugnut later. They might know. He didn't want Megatron to be angry with him.

Scorponok nodded to Predacon. "I will, Predacon." he narrowed his optics. He was going to meet Megatron at last... "Just don't take credit for everything Team Science does."

The former Senator flexed his claws in anticipation. This... was going to be the start of something new.

"Me, Grimlock, say yes." Grimlock told Skullgrin, folding his arms and nodding slowly. "Paperwork, rubbish. This way much better."

"If you are not finished with your soldiers, I can wait, good Governor." Obsidian told Megatron.

Ignorant, this governor, but ah, well. One cannot hope to match the popularity of gladiators and actors, especially if one had been online ever since the time of Nova Prime.

"My name is Obsidian. I am High General of Cybertron, Guardian of the Skies and Protector of the Realm. But I do not come to you as any of those ranks, but as a simple Cybertronian. Are you willing to do what it takes for the good of Cybertron, good governor?"

Megatron should be smart enough to know that this is a test, to gauge his intentions... otherwise he would be too hopeless for any sort of permanent leadership position.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Kaon Tunnels

Wheeljack got up, only to drop back down again to avoid getting hit by the salvo that Sixshot sent his way. The closer the multi-changer got, the more scraed Wheeljack became. He had no clue how to fight a Transformer like this. He dounts anybody knew. He looked over at Highbrow.

"The way I see it, we've got only two options left. One being that we exit these tunnels the same way we entered them by blowing a hole in the ceiling or two, we stop running, face this guy and hope for the best."

Wheeljack got up, readied his launcher with shrapnel-needle shells and pulled out some magno-grenades that he had used earlier. "May Solus Prime guide us to victory," he said softly as he stood ready.

"Look," Jazz said to Streetwise (and Topspin?) as he finally had a visual on Sixshot and Wheeljack in the distance with Highbrow close behind him. "That's got to be them."

"This is Jazz to Volks. Made visual contact with the target. I can confirm that Wheeljack is still functioning and that he's not alone. The multichanger has a white, purple and green colorscheme and one of its forms seems to be a winged creature. It's radiating with power. Keep this line open for more updates."

"Be ready Streetwise. I'm going to fire a warning shot and perhaps distract the mech long enough for Wheeljack and the other to make a break for it. If you get the chance, you will accompany them and see to it that they make it out of here alive. Topspin, you stick with me and back me up." Jazz took aim at Sixshot and fired over him. "Cease your hostile activities right now and identify yourself!"

Outside

"Slag!" Tarantulas shouted as his connection with his spyder was severed by Jazz earlier.

"Sixshot is doing well," Tarantulas said to Scorponok. "My spyder was unable to recover any of Wheeljack's research data. It seems that the Autobots see some value in him and his assistant and have sent in back up. From what I could tell, it were only three mechs. Nothing Sixshot can't handle I suppose," he said and giggled.

"I almost wish we could be there to see the destruction instead of going to the Governor's Palace with all these drones."
Aspiring DJ!
ScreamerFan

Post by ScreamerFan »

Governor's Palace

"Forgive me Megatron," Motormaster began, "I was just stating facts, but I keep them to myself from now on. Though, if the Autobots ran from us, then there must be something out there attacking them. If it would be OK, I think you should have someone investigate. This thing may not be on our side as well, and we don't want something destroying what you made."
--------------------
Kaon Tunnels

Streetwise nodded, and stay in the shadows hoping when Jazz was ready the multichanger didn't see him as he followed Wheeljack and the other Cybertronian.
Brave Maximus

Kaon - Governor's Palace

Post by Brave Maximus »

Hunter watched the prefunctionaries perform their scraping and bowing before Megatron and supressed a laugh. He had never bowed to anyone in his life. Even before, on Cybertron (so long ago), he was built to be independant. And he had been on his own for so very long.

He moved to the entrance of the Governor's Residence and waited.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Governor's Palace

Megatron held up a hand to forestall any further attempts at explanation from Skywarp or Motormaster. "We are all Decepticons here. We succeed or fail as a group, not as individuals. And in spite of a few complications, the mission was a success. You should be celebrating together, not bickering over credit and blame like a bunch of Autobots."

He smiled, but the expression had a hint of cruelty to it. "And to make sure the lesson sinks in, I want the two of you to go out and investigate this new threat that Motormaster mentioned -- as partners. Is that going to be a problem?"

Turning to Obsidian he said, "I believe we're done. But tell me...why should I waste my time granting an audience to someone who has evidently been a part of the problem that's been rotting the heart out of Cybertron for so many vorns and who still proudly introduces himself with the rank and titles granted to him by a corrupt aristocracy? Why should I even have a conversation with someone who still clings to those outdated tags at the same time as he is weighing the possibility of joining the Decepticon cause?"

Megatron seemed to stand up a little bit straighter. His optics narrowed as he regarded the smaller, green robot.

"I know who you are, General Obsidian. I know what you've done and I know why you're here. But as long as you cling to the relics of your old life, you're wasting your time. There is no room for divided loyalties under the Decepticon banner."

Skullgrin made his way over toward Megatron, stopping a few paces away as the Decepticon leader gave Obsidian a rough welcome.

Lugnut gave Grimlock a suspicious look as the gladiator moved closer to Megatron, subconsciously assessing him and deciding that he was a threat.

Predacon grinned. "Don't worry, Scorpy," he said. "Megatron and I go way back. I don't need to tell tales out of school to show him how fantastic I am. He already knows. That's why I've got a standing invite to visit the palace any time I want."

He led the other scientists and the troop of Vehicons through the foyer, ignoring the dirty look that Megatron's chamberlain gave them as he passed.

Smiling at Tarantulas, he said, "Don't worry. We'll have plenty of time for destruction later."
ScreamerFan

Post by ScreamerFan »

Governor's Palace

"Would this be a lone mission for Skywarp and I," Motormaster asked Megatron, "or could I bring my Stunticons with me?" He then commed the black and purple Seeker, If my team is allowed to go with us I'm going to have them keep you in line.
Chip1123
Protoform

Kaon Tunnels

Post by Chip1123 »

Highbrow ducked as the second of Sixshot's blasts tore overhead. "I agree Wheeljack. We need to vacate our current whereabouts as quickly as possible and perhaps we can achieve some distance between ourselves and our pursuer." As he stood up, his sensors registered Autobot signatures behind Sixshot. "Reinforcements seem to have arrived in time." He hoped, silently, that they had made it in time to rescue them and that it was not them arriving just in time to watch them go offline.

--------------------------

Topspin transformed into his armored, amphibious tank mode and pointed his gun towards Sixshot. "Say the order, and I'll toast him." He replied back to Jazz.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

OOC Sorry! Back to two jobs yay!

Hatemonger realised he became lost in the thrill of the fight of Megatron and Sunstreaker.

As the other Decepticons filled the arena he stood up and watched what was happening.

"Congratulations my Lord and other fight where your foe tried but the outcome was already set." He said.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Governor's Palace

Megatron smiled at Motormaster, but there was a hint of cruelty in his expression.

"I had intended to send just the two of you," he told the Stunticon leader. "But if you don't think you can handle such a simple assignment on your own then I'm sure your respective teams would be willing to hold your hands."

His tone of voice made it clear that he was practically daring Motormaster to admit he didn't think he was mech enough to handle the problem on his own.

Turning to Hatemonger, he nodded. "Indeed," he told the soldier. "Sunstreaker fought well, but..." he allowed a cocky expression to pass over his face for a fleeting moment, "I am Megatron, after all."