[G1 RPG] Terminus: The Chessmaster (Iacon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
zigzagger

[G1 RPG] Terminus: The Chessmaster (Iacon)

Post by zigzagger »

Abstaining from interfering in the Decepticon civil war, the Autobots rested upon their laurels, slowly returning Iacon to its former glory.

....Or so it would seem.

Underneath its thriving, pristine surface, the Autobot-centric nation continues to be hindered by a splintered government. Iacon is led by hopeful figureheads, discontent civilians and shrewd commissioned officers -- each voice contradicting the other, each who want a say in how the great city-state should be ran or defended.

With the arrival of Imperial forces in the neutral nation of Protihex, it is only a matter of time until the enemy spreads across Cybertron. Will Iacon be able stand together and defend the planet in this time of peril?
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Prowl's Office, Autobase

Prowl sat upright, facing the holographic projector that was built into the top of his desk. He was preparing a formal message that Springer, Prowl's newly dubbed 'ambassador', would pass on to Gigatron during his visit to Crystal City.

"Ahem...Begin recording," Prowl said into the lens of the projector. "Greetings, Gigatron. I am Prowl, Autobase Minister of Defense and General--" The chime from the nearby intercom system cut him off. "Yes?"

"Sorry to disturb you, sir," a communications officer said. "But we just received a priority transmission from the Steelhaven."

"From Protihex? Yes, of course, put it through."

When Prowl looked over to the monitor at his desk, he was puzzled to see Ratchet's face waiting on the other line rather than Cerebros'.

"This is unexpected," Prowl said dryly. "I hope that Cerebros is not once again indisposed. What can I do for you, Ratchet?"

"Sorry Prowl, I'm afraid this isn't a social call. We have an emergency," Ratchet said. "Cog put together a report for you, which I'm streaming to you now, but long story short; the Imperials are in Protihex."

"Imperials," Prowl repeated.

"Yes."

Had he not switched off that sub-routine long ago, Prowl would have felt the same slow, creeping dread that Onslaught and Cerebros - back in Protihex - experienced upon hearing the same news.

He pulled up the data that Ratchet sent him and skimmed through it. "Hm, the make and class of these vessels..."

"Yes, all signs point to the beginning stages of an invasion," Ratchet said.

"And where is Fortress Maximus?"

"On the field," Ratchet told him. "We're trying to concentrate on evacuation efforts and Onslaught's forces are doing what they can to repel them, but, honestly, there's only so much we can do. Protihex needs Iacon."

"Do you know if Onslaught has attempted to contact Gigatron?"

"I have no idea, though I'm sure he has."

Prowl pensively drummed his fingers on the arm of his chair. "This is quite the quandary," he said. "Mind you, I had foreseen this and have taken the necessary--"

"Prowl, please! This is an emergency!" Desperation was in Ratchet's voice. "These people are our responsibility. Protihex needs Iacon."

"And Iacon's aide they shall receive, but you must understand, Ratchet," Prowl calmly countered. "Is that policy has become far more complicated during your stay in Protihex. Needlessly complicated. But rest assured, Iacon will come."

"Thank you, Prowl. Do what you have to - circumvent the constitution if you must - just please hurry."

"I will...take that under advisement," Prowl said, darkly. "I will be in contact with you again shortly."

He looked away from the monitor and opened his com-link. "Optimus," he said. "We have a problem."

The Mezzanine, Border Regions

Blades paused to consider Doubledealer for the mission, then shook his head. "Yeah, I know someone who has toys like that, but nah, I don't think we'll need him," he told Firecracker. "I'm good to go. Got my own gizmos if we need 'em anyway."

"Well, I'm glad you two are hitting it off," Magnificus said. "Have fun, and try not to bump into anyone you once knew while you're there"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." Blades answered, already moving towards elevator.

Magnificus looked to Firecracker. "We are done here, right?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Drift's Apartment

Sideswipe shrugged. "I can do that. Am I going to have a problem when he sees I'm working with you, though?"

Without waiting for Drift's answer, he keyed in a familiar comm code. "Jazz, it's Sideswipe. You there?"

The Mezzanine, Border Regions

"Yep, we're done," Firecracker told Magnificus. "You keep in touch with the boss-man, and he'll let you know if we need your help on anything else...or if we can help you. After all, back-scratching goes both ways, right?"

Heading toward the door, he waved at Blades. "I'm sure you know the way better than me. You wanna lead?"
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Autobase Landing Strip

It was far from a perfect landing, but Wing Saber was just glad he hadn't crashed into anything, or fallen to pieces upon touching down. His passengers inside would have been jostled quite a bit, but he was most concerned about getting out of the air before any more of him came appart.

Once he had landed, Wing Saber taxied off the strip to make room for the Evac Shuttle, then openned the exit door for his passengers once there was enough space.

"Sorry for the rough landing," He spoke to Jazz, Ironfist, and Searchlight.

Dirge himself stayed clear of the landing strip, opting to transform and land feet first nearby to where Wing Saber had come to wait.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Drift's Apartment

"Probably. I'll handle it, though." Drift told Sideswipe. "Might as well as warn you. See, when war first broke out I wiped out Jazz's entire team. Nearly damn killed each other too."
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

Autobase Landing Strip

Highbrow came down and transformed beside Dirge. "Benefits of being a flier - the results of the landing are your own. You are not dependent on someone else for your safety."

Ironfist unbuckled and stood up. "We are alive. Not much more we can ask." He replied to WingSaber.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Autobase Landing Strip

Jazz walked out of Wing Saber. "You got us here in one piece," Jazz said. "That's more than enough for me." Jazz looked over his shoulder towards Ironfist.

Ironfist, help Searchlight out of his seat so we can transport him to the IMR for his check up."

He then looked over at Dirge and Highbrow. "Good job back there guys." Which was also directed to Ironfist. "Next time we hit Maccaddam's, first round is on me."

Jazz complementing the others was cut short when he received an incoming transmission from a familiar mech. "Readin' you loud an' clear, 'Swipe! Wassup?"

IMR

"Repair cycle complete," the computer said as Springer stepped out of the CR-chamber. He looked down and saw the Autobot symbol shining bright on his chest again.

"Ahh, this feels good," he said. "Took a little longer than I thought and I need to get to Crystal City. I guess I'll visit Roddy later."

He walked down the hall and towards the exit.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

Autobase Landing Strip

"Don't say that too loud. We will take you up on the offer." Ironfist said in reply to Jazz.

Turning back to Searchlight. "Time for a medical unit for you." He said while loosening the restraints.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Iacon, Underground

After what seemed like both an eternity and an instant, Sunstorm snapped back to normal. Dazed, he stumbled backwards for a few steps before collapsing in a heap on the floor. His optics refused to focus, but he looked towards where he thought Carrier was.

"I... did it." The seeker smiled weakly before collapsing back on the ground.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Drift's Apartment

"I've stumbled into some trouble," Sideswipe told Jazz, smiling when he heard his old friend's familiar voice. "I'd rather not get into it on an open channel, though. I, uh..." Sideswipe trailed off sheepishly."I could use your help."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Autobase landing strip

"You an' trouble kinda go hand in hand," Jazz replied to Sideswipe, "so no surprise there. But if you need my help, you got it. Hold on a sec."

Jazz looked around. Ironfist was helping Searchlight when the medics came on site to attend to him. "Ironfist! There's a situation that needs my attention. Gotta go. I'm leaving things in your hands."

Jazz turned back to his conversation with Sideswipe. "Send over the coordinates and I'll be on my way." Jazz transformed to vehicle mode and was on his way out of Autobase.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

Autobase landing strip

"Affirmative." Ironfist replied to Jazz as the latter sped off. "Let us know if you need backup."

Turning back to Searchlight, he finished taking off the restraints and motioned the medics to come help him. "They'll treat you. Fix you up." He said.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Landing strip

Searchlight nodded weakly. "Thank you."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Drift's Apartment

"You're my hero," Sideswipe told Jazz. "I'm shooting you an address. It's an apartment block in the old part of town. Gimme a buzz when you're getting close and I'll meet you outside."

Muting the channel, he turned to Drift and asked, "So...you figure I should tell him you're here before he walks in the door, or is he going to turn around the second I say your name?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Drift's Apartment

Drift shrugged. "Drift won't mean anything to him. Deadlock, though, will probably jolt back his anger. He knows how to keep his cool. Might as well warn him now, he won't want to miss a chance to bash my face in."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Somewhere close to Drift's Apartment

Jazz came to a screeching halt and transformed. He opened up his com link and contacted Sideswipe. "Sideswipe, this is Jazz. I've reached the coordinates you sent me. Where you at?"

Jazz was wondering what could be so important for him to have to show up in person. Is Sideswipe is in big trouble or could it be something else?
Aspiring DJ!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Drift's Apartment

"I'll be right down," Sideswipe told Jazz. Turning to Drift, he said, "Fingers crossed he doesn't shoot you as soon as I bring him up here..."

Heading downstairs, Sideswipe quickly caught sight of Jazz loitering around in robot mode.

"There you are!" he said, a friendly smile on his face. Extending a hand to Jazz, he said, "It's good to see you again!"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Drift's Apartment

"Yes. That would be.... preferable." Drift told Sideswipe as the other mech moved to greet Jazz. Drift looked around the room, seeing the lubricious amounts of swords... and sighed. Should've have filled his room with so many sharp objects.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Drift's Apartment

Jazz smiled. "Hope I can say the same thing, 'Swipe," Jazz replied to Sideswipe as he shook his hand. "Your message sounded pretty urgent. What can I do for ya?" Jazz looked around a little. "You live in this neighbourhood these days?"
Aspiring DJ!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Drift's Apartment

"No, no," Sideswipe told Jazz. "Actually, I just got out of the IMR a few hours ago so I suppose I don't really live anywhere right now."

He pointed his friend toward the apartment building's door.

"I sort of...fell in with a couple of fellow ne'er-do-wells, I suppose. Went to a bar, stopped Crosshairs from getting his skidplate kicked, and found out that the place was up to no good along the way. We figured we could use some help from a guy with a good head on his shoulders, though."

Wincing, he added, "But I don't think you're going to like the other guy we're working with. He's an ex-Con."