[New RPG] A House Divided: Iacon (Autobot)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

War Room

Volks' optics widened. Prowl just gave him a gun. "Uhm... Sure thing, boss," he said.

While he was surprised Prowl even trusted him enough with a weapon, he also felt a sense of joy. He had never held a gun before. He picked it up and waved it at Network. "Hey look! I got a gun!"

When Network listed the names of the positive ID's that he made he shook his head. "Glitches. All of them. Wish I could shoot them with my awesome gun," he mumbled. Volks had a lot of friends back in Praxus. A lot of hackers he knew were based there. He himself would have been there too if he didn't get busted.

In the mean time, Fortress replied to Volks. "Can't tell you where they're headed, only where they are now," he replied. "The Decepticons saw to it that they cut off all sight and sound in that area. This stream is all we have right now thanks to the inventors we rescued out of Kaon."

Volks pulled up a map of Praxus. "I can send you my best estimate of where they are located right now, but I don't think I'll be far off. One: You're probably going to face some heavy resistance. There's a flying six changing death machine called Sixshot present there and he packs quite some fire power. Not to mention that there are possibly three crazy scientists running around, being backed up by Destrons, Renegades and an army of identical-looking mechs." Volks paused a moment. "Just so you know what you're up against."

He then opened a private channel. "And two: Don't pay much attention to Sentinel Prime. I think he sat on his energon lance a while ago and it's still making him grouchy. Just know that not everybody here thinks you're just an asset."

Volks had no idea why he just did that. He normally didn't care much for another mech's feelings. Seeing everything he has seen so far in the short time that he was working here must've changed him. A Prime dying, a city decimated, civilians slaughtered, seeing how it took its toll on Prowl. It was a lot to take in. Especially for a mech that was nothing more than a cadet not too long ago who was destined to do nothing more than cleaning waste disposal units.

Volks looked up. "Maybe they raided a factory or something that can mass produce drones," he said out loud when Prowl was wondering where the new type of Cons were coming from. "With those crazy scientists at their disposal, I'm sure they were able to come up with some sort of programming that would make them more intelligent than an average drone."

Corridor

"Lead on," Kup replied to Sentinel.

"So how are you holding up in this current situation," he asked his Prime as he followed him while scanning for hostiles.

Kup didn't agree with the way Sentinel addressed Prowl and Fortress, but didn't call him upon it either. Maybe right now, a Prime that's less compassionate towards his soldiers is just the kind of Prime they need right now.

(ooc: just wondering, but are Orion and Ironhide still in the War Room?)
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

(OOC: I love Volks. :))

War Room

Network raised his hands in front of his face. "Man, don't point the barrel at my face..."

Prowl looked at Volks with amusement as he waved the weapon around, and while some of the officers in the room looked at him questioningly, he chose not to reprimand the hacker.

"I share your sentiment, Volks." Prowl told the hacker, patting his own sidearm, a modified long-barrel acid rifle which has been optimized for maximum efficiency.

Prowl shook his head. "Try not to goad him against Sentinel, although I will not stop you. Just keep in mind not to raise too much antagonism between the two." If Sentinel's 'bad cop' can't shock Fortress into obedience, hopefully Volks' 'good cop' will. "Tell him that he should prioritize all effort in getting our men and our civilians out rather than destroying the enemy. Fortress is powerful, but we do not know what he is up against."

Prowl shook his head. "I do not think there are any drone producing facilities in Praxus, Polyhex or Kaon, not any that can mass produce so many.... and these move too well for drones. But the scientists must have a hand in the production of them."

Network's mouth hung open as he continued to look at the video feed from the Sky Spy, and he leaned over to Volks, and whispered. "Please tell me my optics are not malfunctioning, because I don't believe this myself." The Autobot pointed at his viewscreen, a short distance away from Obsidian was what seemed to be wreckages of dead Cybertronians shamblind around.

Corridor

Sentinel nodded as he jogged towards the security room. "Me, teach?" the Prime sighed as he used his non-shield hand to pull the antenna on the side of his head to mute the communication with Fortress or Volks. "Personally I could use some more obedient soldiers. Fortress, Sky Lynx, the Templars, Orion, Volks... they're all good, but their attitude and lack of cooperation is terrible. Frankly I'm just thankful Volks is cooperative at all."

Sentinel sighed. "And they killed Zeta Prime. I'm not good at all this mushy stuff, but I'll avenge the killers. I'll protect Iacon. Just as he told me to. You'd think being a Prime would let people know that things are, you know, serious." The Prime shook his head. "I'm not being cold, but if we don't buck up now, they'll run over us. I'm afraid they already are."

(OOC: I actually totally forgot about Orion and Ironhide. Heinrad, are they? Feel free to jump in the conversations anytime...)
Brave Maximus

Iacon - Outskirts

Post by Brave Maximus »

The Maximus responded to Fortresses unconscious desires. The Engines hummed to life, and the outpost began to thrum subtly. The anti-matter power supply began working in earnest, not only supplying the engines with their increased power requirements, but also creating a steady supply of reserve Energon, just in case. It took just a few moments for the Cogs to make sure there were no civilians onboard, then the hatches closed and the garrison lifted off the ground, massive anti-grav units pushing into the air. Once it was off the ground, Fortress initiated the transformation with a thought, and within moments, the Maximus Battle Cruiser was half a kilometer in the air.

"Acknowledge Volks..... and thank you."

Moving to his command chair on the bridge, he accessed the images as well, shaking his head.

"Prowl, do we have any troops on the ground that I can start with, or anyone in Iacon? Or am I going in alone?"
Springer85
Protoform

ooc: glad you like him

Post by Springer85 »

War Room

"Oh, relax," Volks replied to Network. "It's still on its safety, “he added as he put his thumb up. "I think."

"I'm not," Volks responded to Prowl. "Sentinel just has less tact than a scraplet and I have no trouble saying that out loud. I may have been a crook, but at least I was an honest one."

"No problem, big guy," Volks replied to Fortress. "Just saying what others are thinking. Anyway, your objective is to assist in the evacuation of civilians, not to engage the enemy if it's not needed. I can't tell you the details, if there are still Autobot units active somewhere in the neighborhood, I'm sure they would appreciate some assistance getting back to Iacon. I fear..," Volks paused for a moment. "I fear Praxus is lost."

Volks turned to Prowl and made sure Fortress couldn't hear. "Do you want me to tell him about Jazz's team?"

Turning his head as Network pointed to his screen showing dead Cybertronians walking around. "Well, that's something we don't see every day. What are those? More drones? They look like they walked straight off the scrap heap."

Volks scratched his head. "Alright, so no drone producing facility then. Maybe Wheeljack and Highbrow know something about them."

Arsenal

Wheeljack scratched his mouth plate. "Maybe I'm over thinking this, but there might be a problem. I doubt it'll be hard to tell apart Autobots from the others, but how can you tell apart neutrals from Decepticons?" he asked Highbrow.

Then after a few kliks he snapped his fingers. "Of course!” he said while jumping up. "We're at an army base! There are hardly any neutrals here anyway. Those neutrals that are here, they must've registered themselves as visitors at the gates!"

Wheeljack walked up to his terminal. "Start working on the software for the scanner. I'll try and see if I can get a hold of the visitors list. I'll contact the visitors and ask them where they are, so that we can identify the unknown signatures."

(ooc: just making stuff up here lol)

Corridor

Kup kept a sharp optic on his surroundings. Most soldiers always found it easy to talk to him about anything. Everybody on campus trusted him and his judgment. Sentinel was no different. Well mostly anyway.

"Maybe that's something you should tell them," Kup said to Sentinel. "That you'll protect Iacon at any cost."

Walking through dark corridors, not knowing who are what you assailant is, and not knowing the odds remembered Kup of his days during the Quintesson War. For him, it started out just like this.

"I know that you're a very capable field leader. Probably one of the best on Cybertron, but you can really lose your temper from time to time. That's probably what every still sees in you too. Besides, nobody has had time to adjust to the idea of that we have a new Prime."

Kup paused for a moment. "Yeah. Though he only seems to listen to Prowl though," he replied to Sentinel's comment about Volks. As for Sky Lynx. Do you really think anybody would've followed him? He can't even fit in the War Room. Imagine talking combat strategies with somebody that can only fit his head into the room from the outside," Kup added with a smile on his face.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Docking Bay, Omega Supreme

"Suggestion," Omega Supreme boomed after Alpha Trion mentioned the power situation. "Decepticon warship energon capacity: four thousand litres. Minimum energon required to activate main engines: two thousand litres."

Smokescreen gave Alpha Trion a sidelong glance. "Well, it's an idea, anyway. If we can beat their boarding party, we could use the frigate's own fuel to escape from any follow-up attacks. First thing's first, though, and that's protecting you."

"Recommendation," Omega spoke up again. "Head for engineering section. Section: not designed for easy travel. Cover: plentiful. Ambushes against Decepticons: possible."

When Ginrai approached, Smokescreen barely managed not to jump out of his skin. The smaller Transformer was very good at sneaking, even when he wasn't trying to.

"His name is Alpha Trion. He's a scientist. A Decepticon warship is chasing after him, and he's asked for our protection."

Decepticon warship

Tall, bulky and grey, the Decepticon known as Death Knell was not amused by the Marshal's presence. The newly-built frigate had been his to command, or so he'd thought. Less than a day before she launched for the first time, she'd been co-opted by the arrogant old soldier on Megatron's orders and sent out on a seemingly pointless mission to hunt down an old, harmless scientist.

But Death Knell was a professional, so he did his best not to let the Marshal see the resentful disdain with which he viewed his commander.

"You heard him," he growled. "Stormhawk, gather your seeker squadron and prepare for breaching duty. Frostburn, keep an optic on the sensors as you bring us in. I'm still not convinced that this hulk isn't playing possum. If you see anything that even looks like a weapon, blast it and get us out of range."

Corridor

"There are numerous communications blackouts worldwide," Soundwave told Sentinel flatly. "I currently cannot explain them to you. I shall endeavour to intercept Decepticon communications to see if they can shed any light on the situation, but I would not hold out much hope. Their communications security protocols are extremely sophisticated."

If the ruination of Praxus that had impacted the Autobots so heavily had any effect on the communications asset at all, it certainly didn't show in his voice.
Chip1123
Protoform

Arsenal

Post by Chip1123 »

"It should only take a few kliks." Highbrow replied to Wheeljack as he dove into the program. "I will also include a filter for any Autobot who registers as deceased in our database - there is always the possibility they used our own codes against us as entry into the base."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Subterranean Maintenance Tunnels, Iacon

Raiku would look about the tunnels, not immediately answering Red Alert, as though weighing the options. After a few moments, he finally spoke.

"I don't know if you'd like my suggestion..." He looked down at the map again, highlighting a few of the areas Red Alert had indicated. "If what I thought was correct, that someone has gotten into all the networking of Iacon, it doesn't matter how far we go. We could go fifty junctures down and it wouldn't be any safer there than it is here, cause whoever it is has us watched, and might even be listening right now. They'll keep tracking our movements and prepping for us to try to escape."

Raiku did some more with the map, lighting up a different trail, which ended in the Iacon military district, of all places. "I say we go here. Might not stop the hacker, but everyone knows the guys with the insignias got better security than the common folk. Certainly they'll at least give the hacker a harder time breaking into their systems, buy us a bit of time. Just gotta hope the soldiers are understanding about us having to pass on through their clubhouse."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

War Academy, Corridors

Sentinel scowled. Fortress did not seem to respond to his berating, yet he had said what needed to be said.

He decided to deal with Soundwave first. "Well, you overglorified satellite dish -- tell me this at least. Are the blackouts the work of a hacker attack? A virus from Kaon? We are at war. Do try to open a way for us for a counterattack. We are flying blind here... at the very least, reestablishing vision on any part of the Southern Hemisphere would be great."

Sentinel then clicked off the communications. Respect. Not even this satellite dish respected him. Bah!

"Hhh." Sentinel snorted at Kup. "They don't listen to me the way they do you, Kup. We're both harsh on our students, but where they respect you, they have nothing but anger on me. And I can work with anger. Anger is a great motivation. So long as they stay within the rules."

Sentinel snorted. "That, too. So few people have enough wisdom to see that I am the only one who can lead us out of these dark times."

Not some half-pint rookie like Orion.

"Prowl is around for that reason." Sentinel chuckled. "He's a strategist, and he has a way with people. Sky Lynx is a self-absorbed egomaniac, and he's got a beast mode. I don't think anyone would follow him."

They reached the security room, and Sentinel cursed as the sight greeted him.

"Whoever did this..." Sentinel cursed again. "What the pit happened here? The deaths..." Sentinel knelt next to the headless corpse of one of his men, his Skyboom Shield and Energon Lance still up. "The cut isn't made by any blade. It's as if... the entire head simply disappeared."

"I can spare three squads of men and an elite guard team, but we need the rest for Iacon's defense." Prowl told Fortress. "And we do have a forward team in Kaon, but they are retreating now with precious cargo. Do not be arrogant, Fortress. You are powerful, but the enemy has many surprises as well."

"They've got zombies now too." Network muttered under his breath.

Sentinel turned to Volks and shook his head. "We need someone like him. He is not incompetent -- in fact, his lack of tact is what is needed for this war. He doesn't mince words, and the soldiers do their best to prove Sentinel wrong. He is a hated commander, but in that aspect he inadvertently becomes an effective one. And I am here to make up for his shortcomings." Prowl allowed a wry smile. "Or did you think I let him be in command of the military force without a good reason?"

When Volks said that Praxus was lost, however, Prowl's expression went rigid once more. "Yes. Do inform Fortress. Make sure he understands Jazz's team is to escape from Praxus safely. Whatever they infected Magnus is... may be used upon us. And I'd prefer we have a counter-strategy if they do.."

Prowl nodded and opened a channel to Wheeljack and Highbrow. "Sorry for disturbing you yet again, but this is a rather long night for all of us. By any chance do you know of any way of mass-producing a huge quantity of drones, the way the Decepticons did? Or reanimating corpses?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Red Alert was surprisingly receptive to Raiku's suggestion. "I like it better than walking blind into an ambush where we won't have ready-made backup," he told the tech, glancing around the corridor suspiciously. "I've got a badge too, so they should be willing to listen when we show up there even if they're not happy about it. You lead the way."

He frowned, though, as they started moving. "But once we're out of the tunnels, we'll need to figure something else out. What am I going to do with you, Raiku? If someone with access to all of our systems is trying to kill you, no matter how good I am -- and I'm pretty good -- they'll get you eventually. If we're assuming that nowhere on the planet is safe, then I'll just have to take you somewhere that's not on the planet."

Corridor

Soundwave responded to Sentinel bluntly. "Your insults are not productive. Nor is your attitude. With regard to the blackouts, the problem is not software. There are no viruses and no unauthorized access. The physical communications infrastructure has been compromised."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

"We'll figure that out once we've got some breathing room," Raiku answered to Red Alert as he started to get moving to their new destination. "If who, or whatever, it was hadn't started attacking me, I'd have blissfully gone on with my job without thinking anything much of those energy patterns. My documenting them for my employer made someone nervous, and that probably means they've got something bigger going on that they don't want discovered. This won't be over until we blow the lid off it."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Corridor

"Compromised how?" Sentinel Prime replied to Soundwave. "No, no. Wrong question. Where? Tell me where the problem is and I'll send whatever technicians I can muster to fix it. Is it up there in orbit? Or one of the other nodes?"
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

War Academy, Corridors

Kup took in what Sentinel was telling him and thought on it for a moment. "Well, they respect me because they've all heard the stories about my battles. For some it's an inspiration," he replied. "You on the other hand, they know you for....," Kup paused for a moment, "...other things. Anger can be a great motivator yes, but when it's directed at you, you get what you have now. Insubordinate soldiers. It's something that needs to be dealt with as soon as this is over."

Arriving at the security room, Kup made sure the area was secure so that Sentinel could conduct his investigation. Kup walked up to Sentinel who was inspecting the headless corpse and then knelt down on one knee. "Haven't seen anything like this before," Kup said. "The head doesn't seem to be shot off or torched off either. Strange..."

Kup pondered for a moment. "You know... I've read Blades' report on the Decepticon attack on the outpost in Kaon. It mentioned a teleporter. You think it's possible that he did this?"

War Room

"Consider him informed, chief," Volks replied to Prowl. "I have an update on Jazz's mission too. His team is on board the shuttle with Tracks and are about to make their way to Iacon," he continued.

"From the chatter I'm picking up over the com, they've had an encounter with Megatron and Jazz and Topspin took some damage, but none too serious. They've also received assistance from two unknown mechs in the Palace. One of them seems to go by the name of Grimlock," he said to Prowl.

"I took the liberty of digging up information on the name and was surprised to find sealed military class documents. I can hack them if you want, but I'm guessing you probably have access to them."

Arsenal

"Good thinking," Wheeljack replied to Highbrow.

Wheeljack then moved back to his station when Prowl called in. "You're not disturbing at all," he replied, "but we're quite busy. We're trying to come up with a program that will identify all active transformers currently in the Academy. It could help you locate the enemy that's on this base."

Wheeljack thought for a moment when Prowl asked him about the drones and the reanimated corpses. "A Vector computer can mass produce drones pretty quick," Wheeljack said. "Didn't the temple in Kaon get raided? With Predacon, Scorponok and Tarantulas working for the Decepticons, it's certainly a possibility that they're behind it." Wheeljack scratched his mouth plate for a bit.

"Now that I mention it. The sixchanger appeared not long after that. Can't be a coincidence, right. Oh and as for the reanimated corpses. I've heard stories. Supposedly it has something to do with nano-bots that are being controlled by somebody via some sort of frequency, I think. But I'm going on rumors and guesses here though."
Aspiring DJ!
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

(OOC: They're tagging along quietly. Although I can make them more verbal now, since I'm not stuck having to use my phone for my entire internet experience anymore. I'm not sure who's happier, me or my cell provider.)

War Academy, Security Room:

Ironhide and Orion, having followed Sentinel and Kup to the security room, looked at the sight in the room. Orion's optics widened briefly before narrowing, a mingled look of grief and anger flickering through them. Ironhide simply scowled, the only sign of any emotion being his hands tightening on the grips of his underslung arm cannons. "Awrahght, kid, Ah'll take th' corridor. Something comes towards us, Ah should pick it up b'fore it gets close ta us. Keep a optic on Sent'nel an' Kup. See if ya c'n help 'em figger out what happened in there."

"But your sensors-"

"Ain't gonna do a thing in there. 'Sahdes, Sent'nel starts runnin' off at th' vocoder too much an' Ah mahght hit him." With a gentle shove, the old Autobot shoved the younger Autobot into the room.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

War Academy, Former Security Office

Sentinel snorted. "Respect can't be earned that easily, Kup. Fear of punishment..." Sentinel sighed. "If I had that back then, I wouldn't have screwed up."

Sentinel nodded grimly. "The teleporter. Skywrap. It could be possible."

Sentinel glanced at Ironhide and Orion, and despite hearing what the older Autobot said, managed to rein himself in so as not to 'run off his vocoder'. (He wanted to keep his face pretty, after all.) "Kid." Sentinel glanced at Orion as he entered, face turning serious as he let the headless corpse down. "Stay alert. We suspect teleporters. The darkness gives them the advantage."

Sentinel narrowed his optics as he scanned the room, but just then a spherical object clattered down from the ceiling in front of Sentinel.

"GRENADE! GET BEHIND ME!"

The Prime dropped his energon lance, and with the free hand shoved Kup behind him. The Prime's Skyboom Shield flared to life and expanded, shining bright blue as the grenade blossomed with brilliant red flames...

War Room

"Good news. Prime: Team Jazz has secured the package and are en route back." Prowl spoke through his commlink to Sentinel, then frowned. "Strange. I'm only picking up static from his end.

Prowl's optics narrowed. "Assistance? I shall evaluate them personally...." Prowl's words trailed off. "Grimlock."

The strategist sighed and shook his head. "You don't need to hack them, Volks. I do have access to them. After all, I wrote those documents." Prowl shook his head, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Of course it's inevitable that someone as battle-hungry as Grimlock be drawn into this war, but I'd rather it happened later than sooner."

"Excellent, Wheeljack." Prowl replied to the inventor. "That would be most helpful." The Autobot tapped his chin. "A Vector computer... the temple in Kaon... it all makes sense, don't you think, Master Yoketron? Is there any way to remotely shut down or destroy the Kaon's Vector Computer? And would it have negative impacts if I sent a guided missile to destroy said Vector computer?" (OOC: Assuming Yoketron's still in the room, Aero)

Prowl frowned. "The energy readings are too high for mere nanobots, I think. Their movement seem different.... unnatural somehow."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

"Fear of punishment, huh," Kup mumbled as he examined the body further. "Sounds like something these Decepticon would do. I follow a different philosophy," he continued. "I regard our soldiers as our brothers. They know that I would do for them the same thing I would ask of them. I believe that it inspires courage, loyalty and even hope when it's needed. Fear usually creates cowards."

Kup clearly didn't agree with the way Sentinel handles his soldier and would've loved to continue talking about his way of thinking, but didn't have to time for it as he was shoved aside by Sentinel to protect him from a grenade.

Kup pointed his laser rifle towards the ceiling, but saw nothing. As if the grenade was dropped out of mid air. "Orion! Ironhide! Are you alright?"

Arsenal

"Highbrow. How far are you with the signature scanner?" Wheeljack inquired his lab partner.

"So they have energy readings?" Wheeljack replied to Prowl and then pondered for a moment. "I have no clue then," he said. "Only explanation I can give you is that it's either a new type of nano-bots, that the subjects are still alive but controlled or it's something entirely new. Who knows what those crazy Decepticon scientists have come up with."
Aspiring DJ!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

((OOC: Thanks for the intro opportunity Blackjack. Been looking on how to restart him, and this is great ammo ;) ))

War Room

Yoketron was frowning with obvious disapproval. "The Vector Computers are living sentient beings, as much as you or I, and were put in place by Primus. To destroy one with such little regard is murder," He told Prowl firmly as though educating him, then continuing in a less didactive tone. "If there were a breech, or any danger to the protoforms, the vector computer would have shut itself down until receiving a reactivation order from Vector Sigma itself. There is no need to take violence against it."

Yoketron then seemed to take a moment, as though considering all angles a bit further. "If someone did attempt to use a Vector computer for impure motives, it is possible that they would have managed a few spark-births before the computer caught on, if they aproached it correctly. But it is no fool, it would have caught on soon enough," Yoketron admitted and explained. "That said, though, whoever has done so might be encouraged to try accessing further vector computers for more results. Vector Sigma would catch on as well, and eventually shut down all accesses. Then they'd have only one place to go."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

War Academy, Former Security Office:

Orion picked himself up off the floor, his armor singed but otherwise unharmed. "I'm fine, Kup."

Ironhide came in at a run, swinging the cannon on his right arm up at where the grenade dropped from. "Sent'nel!. You an' Kup get outta here! Orion, go with 'em!"
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Sentinel growled. The Skyboom Shield bore the brunt of the explosion and had shielded himself, Kup and Orion from the worst, but the force of the blast was still strong enough to drive him to one knee. Like Kup and Ironhide Sentinel's first instinct was to turn his glance upwards, but saw nothing.

The expanded Skyboom Shield flickered slightly, and Sentinel immediately recalled it back into its smaller, standard size. The shield works by draining energon from Sentinel's own reserves. He can't do that too often.

"You heard him. Kup, Orion, get back!" Sentinel picked up his lance and it flared to life. Sentinel moved backwards, putting him next to Ironhide. "Ironhide, I appreciate the sentiment, but I'm built for durability like you too. The enemy's a teleporter, and it's a fair bet splitting up is exactly what he wants."

There was a sound of a gun firing, and a laser bolt flew from outside the room. Sentinel brought his shield up and it dissipated off harmlessly against the energy shield. "Contact!"

There was a slight popping noise, and another shot was fired from a different corner of the room, this time at Ironhide.

Arsenal

(OOC: No problem, Aero. Should've done this earlier, actually.)

"Indeed. Your Sky Spy's energy readings give us something... that's remarkably similar to Energon, albeit at a much higher rate than ours. It's as if they were experiencing a Spark Core meltdown, except that they are still moving and not dying." Prowl frowned. "I am at a loss myself, Wheeljack.

Prowl turned to Yoketron and nodded. "I apologize for being so tactless, then." the strategist said clippedly. "But I must point out how practical it is to exchange one life -- which would be shut down anyway -- to disable a legion of Decepticon drones capable of razing Praxus to the ground."

Prowl's optics narrowed, as if showing that he disapproved with his words, "Of course, we shall never stoop as low as the Decepticons."

The strategist sighed. "I do not really comprehend the mechanics of the Vector computers, I must confess, other than they are highly advanced computers able to grant life to Protoforms. I mean no disrespect, but is there any way to remotely shut the Vector Computer in Kaon? From Sigma perhaps?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Corridor

"Unknown," Soundwave responded to Sentinel. "My knowledge of communications hardware is limited to that which is directly interfaced with me. The Decepticons may have destroyed the network hubs that connect these areas to the planetary network. It is also possible that they have agents in the central hub's repair crews, who have damaged or corrupted the hardware on my station. If the former, your forces would need to secure the territory in order to affect repairs. Recommendation: assume both have been compromised until proven otherwise."

"That won't be a problem," Red Alert told Raiku. "Between you and our Decepticon friend I already have enough to shut down their racket, and probably enough to track down his buddies and put them in jail for a long time. But none of that is going to happen unless we get out of here and get you somewhere that you won't be hurt. I actually have an idea about that, but it's a long trip and I'm not sure how we'll make it there without getting spotted. But like you say...we'll worry about that when we get there."

The police officer fell into step behind Raiku, simultaneously watching the shadows for possible threats and positioning himself so that he'd be between the witness and anyone who tried to back-shoot him.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

War Room

"I'm against destroying a Vector Computer too" Wheeljack replied over them com to Prowl and Yoketron. "Aside from master Yoketron's beliefs that it would be murder, the fallout of destroying one could be huge. Destroying an entire city state huge, if you know what I mean."

Volks interjected. "So Yoketron," Volks said without properly addressing him as master," you're saying that it's impossible to hack a Vector Computer? Sounds like a challenge I would love," if he didn't have a face plate a smirk would show on his face.

"You bring up a good point, Volks," Wheeljack continued. "What if the Decepticons have managed to hack their way into a Vector computer without setting off any alarms? Looking at the video, there are more than just a few of those purple mechs running around there." Wheeljack pondered for a moment.

"Master Yoketron? Is it possible for a Vector computer to mass produce mechs without sparks, but with some intelligent or even independent thoughts? Would that prevent any alarms from being triggered?"

Volks scratched the back of his head. "Hate to break it to you, Yoketron, but I think you're really underestimating the abilities of these science guys the Decepticons have."

"Stay sharp, kid," Kup replied to Orion. "I think we've got a tricky opponent on our hands."

Kup then heard a weird noise, and he turned his head towards it. A shot was fired from where he heard the noise and saw that it was directed a Ironhide. "Ironhide! Look out!"

Arsenal

"So they have high energy readings, but no sparks?" Wheeljack replied to Prowl. "Bizarre. I've never heard, read or seen anything about something that can do that. I'm afraid I can't help you with this unless I get a sample or something."
Aspiring DJ!