[New RPG] World at War: Panopticon

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Soundwave Facility

As Red Alert came up beside him and whispered, Hound would give a brief nod, having observed and come to the same conclusion about Raiku. "Perhaps even after this is all over..." Hound whispered back.

With Raiku proceeding ahead, Hound would follow along side with Red Alert into what what seemed to be the core of the Soundwave Facility. Hound almost as a reflex would start to scan the area, trying to detect any threats and to just get a good reading of the area, confirm where they were.

Raiku ahead of them was just standing there numbly, gazing at the giant computer system infront of them.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Kelex Space Station

"Open." Arcee said as the door to her office did so to admit Offshoot. She scowled as she looked at the monitor showing the approaching Decepticon warship. Even if they're not protecting Omega Supreme, Arcee wouldn't rate their chances against that warship pretty highly. And while communications had been cut off from Iacon, even from orbit Arcee could see Iacon being engulfed by some form or purple crystals.

The military base heading towards them... won't be able to do much, Arcee thought. They were too slow. By the time it reached Kelex, it would have been boarded, if not destroyed.

She shook her head from the monitors and turned to look at Offshoot. "What is going on? Everything's gone to scrap and I want some answers."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Soundwave Facility

"Prowl says not to die," Red Alert told the rest of the team dryly. "I'm sure we'll take his advice into account..."

He moved slowly into the room, frowning. He saw movement on the edges of his visual field, but when he turned to look directly at the shadows he didn't see anything.

"Try to keep each other in sight," he warned them. "If we get split up, he can pick us off one by one. This way we can at least -- aaah!"

With no warning a dark grey feline form melted out of the shadows, lunging at the police officer with lightning speed. He ducked, but still lost one of his head-horns to the creature's claws.

He brought one of his pistols up to target the beast, but by the time he'd tracked its line of motion it had already disappeared.

"Dammit! Did anyone else see that?"

Kelex Space Station

"The Decepticons are moving on us," Offshoot told Arcee, somewhat obviously. "A small warship with several fighters attached. Skyblast thinks they're coming for the Sentinel we're refitting, and he's already started to evacuate civilians."

His head tilted to one side. "Oh! Some good news. Communications with the ground have been restored." He straightened up again. "Bad news. Iacon has been bombarded with some sort of Energon-based weapon that has destroyed most of the city's infrastructure. Most of the other city-states have been hit at least as hard. Mass evacuations and high civilian casualties."

The station rocked. "Oh! More bad news. We're under fire from the Decepticons!"

Skyquake flew ahead at the vanguard of the Decepticon attack group, and watched as the ship fired a barrage of green missiles at the Autobot facility. The base's energy shield held against the barrage, but clearly strained under the force of the attack.

"Continued fire!" he ordered. "Predators, move in. Attack pattern six."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Soundwave Facility

Hound didn't see the form that had attacked Red Alert before it disappeared again, but having been scanning the new room, his sensors snagged it no problem. A moment later and Hound had generated a hologram of their assailant.

"Not a standard drone model, but I wouldn't expect that at this point. Soundwave's been busy," Hound commented, keeping alert and his riffle ready. Chances were there might be more. "That's probably been what's trailing us through the station, or more like it."

Raiku himself didn't seem to be paying attention to the rest of the group, still in his despondent, half-aware state. He seemed to be scanning Soundwave with his special vision, or perhaps just zoned out staring at him.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Kelex Space Station

Arcee let out a soft snarl as Offshoot started rattling off a series of bad news -- several of which are relatively obvious. But there was the confirmation, and she could work better with that. "Skyblast." Arcee opened a commlink to the other Omnicon. "Where are you evacuating the civilians? They won't survive the onslaught and the Decepticons aren't taking prisoners. I-"

Arcee stopped, thinking to herself and biting her lower lip as the missiles slammed against the space station. There was only one way to save the civilians... the Omega Sentinel. Even though it's the only thing which the Decepticons are coming from. "Skyblast, evacuate the civilians into the Sentinel. That thing is the only place with strong enough armour to survive the onslaught."

She switched commlinks. "Bridge, activate force fields and autoguns and hold off as long as we can. Give me a status report."

"Offshoot, try to contact Autobot command. Tell them what's going on, ask them about any orders we have." Arcee said, before pressing a button which would connect her to Omega Supreme. She hasn't really talked to the Sentinel much, nor does he seem to be very chatty, but it was worth the courtesy call. "Omega Supreme, this is Commander Arcee of the Kelex Space Station. We are under attack, and I'm requesting permission to send civilians to seek shelter within you. May I also request a status update on your situation?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Soundwave Facility

Red Alert frowned. "That assumes that they're even drones. They could be full-fledged intelligences in their own right," he told Hound. "We shouldn't underestimate them until we know for sure. They might--"

"CAW!"

This time, Red Alert got a good look as a pair of avian beasts, both similar in construction to the mechanism that Hound had shown via hologram, dropped down from the rafters. The one with gold markings swooped down at Hound, slashing at the cannon on his shoulder with a razor-sharp beak. The other circled toward Roadbuster, firing lasers mounted at the base of its red-tinted wings.

(OOC: I didn't see a profile so I'm assuming Hound's carrying the same gear as the G1 toy. If I'm wrong, just act as if he attacked the rifle or something. :) )

Kelex Space Station

"The civilian ships are already launching," Skyblast told Arcee. "I'm not sure we could stop them even if we wanted to. Most of them are heading for the edges of the system, so at least they'll be marginally more safe there. I'll get Strongarm and his crew to start ushering the rest into Omega Supreme."

He waved curtly at the security officer, signalling him to get moving. Strongarm gave him a nod, then sprinted for the nearest lift.

"Shields are holding for now, but they're meant to ward off accidental collisions, not ship-to-ship missiles. I don't give them more than ten minutes. Our autoguns are active, but they're proving inadequate to the task of targeting the fighters."

Offshoot tried to punch a signal through to Autobot command, but shook his head.

"The Decepticon ship has a jamming field up," he told Arcee, "and they're between us and Cybertron. I can't get a call through. Maybe we could try and route it through a different station and then back, but that's Skyblast's area of expertise, not mine."

As he spoke, a red swept-wing Decepticon fighter flew by the office's window, way too close for comfort, and fired a pair of bright green missiles. The projectiles, thankfully, exploded when they hit the defensive shields.

"Miss...Arcee, is it?" The voice that responded clearly wasn't Omega Supreme. "This is Doctor Smokescreen. I'm Omega Supreme's...therapist, I suppose. Yes, I know, that's strange. Anyway, he doesn't talk much. His armour has been fully repaired and his main cannon is active, but his shields and point-defence weapons are still offline. He's fully fuelled and his engines are functional, but they're not running. From what I understand, a cold restart will take at least twelve minutes. And yes, of course you can use him as an evacuation shelter."

A curt, annoyed-sounding reply was audible, but not understandable, in the background. Smokescreen ignored it.

"I'll get some of the drones to meet your people at the airlock and show them to the habitat section. I have to warn you, though...the rooms here are spartan even by modern military standards."
LQS
Protoform

Post by LQS »

Orbit

Sky Lynx radioed back, "Don't worry, I'll be there immediately!" He kept it short as he zeroed in on the falling ship. He moved gracefully despite how urgent the situation was. The dracogryphon swung under the shuttle and felt the weight as he allowed it to settle on his back.

"Brace yourselves, Wanderer!"

Sky Lynx buoyed the smaller shuttle and felt Cybertron's gravity well tug at him. He was confident he could survive a plunge to Cybertron's surface, but not the Wanderer or her crew. He moved upward and pushed the ship as hard as he could until he felt the weightlessness of space.

"Sit tight! Can you repair your engines?" Sky Lynx asked, "I'll distract the Decepticons."

--------

City Center

Quick Switch projected his arms forward and materialized his blasters from subspace. He watched as the dead...moved...advanced? How?

He fired on one and watched as it exploded into arms, legs, a fried torso.

"Woah... At least my blasters are functional, even if I'm out of action," he told Ironhide.

He kept an eye out for anymore zombies and a flash of bluish-white laser light took out first one, then another, then another.
LQS
Protoform

Post by LQS »

<delete. wrong thread>
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

((OOC: yeah this is pretty much G1 Hound + a riffle. The thing mounted on his shoulder is used for his holograms and as a laser cannon, though he usually will stick to the riffle and holograms (saves some energy) ))

Soundwave Facility

Hound would jerk out of the way of the passing avian beast, but not before it slashed a good chunk out of his shoulder-mounted cannon, causing his hologram to fizzle out immediately. Hound swung back around and brought his riffle to bare on the yellow bird, firing several shots at it.

The gunfire would once again pull Raiku out of his daze (for the most part), and upon seeing the bird-like mechanisms he would go for his own pistol, finally pulling it from its holster. He had no idea what to do with it, though, not without risking shooting one of his teammates.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Kelex Space Station

"Hopefully they'll make it." Arcee replied to Skyblast. It was out of her control -- she hated having things spiral out of control, but the civilian ships aren't technically under her jurisdiction and them being gone meant less headache for her. In a darker tone, they would be more distractions for the Decepticons to hunt down, minimizing the amount of forces they had to handle.

Ten minutes.

"Ten minutes is our projected timeframe, then. Have our crew hold out as long as they can, but try to reroute commands so they can do so remotely -- I want as few personnel in Kelex as possible."

She turned to Offshoot and nodded. She didn't really expect much in lieu of reinforcements. "Skyblast, while you're at it, see if you can reroute a signal through a different station to our forces in Iacon. It's a long shot, but if we can get ahold of any… survivors, then we might be able to regroup and figure out what the Pit we're supposed to do."

She winced as a red Decepticon opened fire, which was absorbed by the defense shield. She didn't have time to react, though -- the autoguns and shields will do their part. Hers was to coordinate. She turned to Offshoot and gestured for the other Omnicon to follow her as she headed towards the bridge, giving her office a short last look before walking out.

She took Smokescreen's call, and was actually glad someone else was speaking in Omega Supreme's behalf. She wasn't sure if she was ready to talk to an Omega Sentinel just yet. "Circumstances really have been 'strange' for the past few days, doctor Smokescreen. Our space station will be overloaded in around ten, and the Decepticons will no doubt try to board Omega Supreme. We'll try to make good in the short timeframe that we can, and give him as much time to board." She smiled slightly as Smokescreen spoke about living standards. "Trust me, Doctor -- no one right now really cares much about whether a room has a hot energon tub or not. We'll be glad if we survive the next twelve minutes."

Switching channels, she opened a wide-channel broadcast to all the Omnicons and civilians in Kelex: "All non-essential personnel, this is Commander Arcee. Evacuate into Omega Supreme as soon as you can. Shoot to defend yourself from the Decepticons. Omega Supreme must not fall. I repeat, we're not letting them take Omega Supreme."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Soundwave Facility

The golden bird disappeared up into the rafters before Hound's shot could reach it, and it was impossible to tell whether it was hit or not. However, it didn't come back down.

Several more shredded-metal-looking beasts, however, did join the fray. These were slower-moving but more heavily-built. The trio's frames were constructed in simian, theropod and thyreophoran style respectively, and they lumbered towards the Autobots with heavy weapons mounted.

"This is ridiculous," Red Alert said. "Who knows how many of these he's got. There could be one hiding behind every one of these server stacks!"

The police officer transformed to vehicle mode.

"I say we make them chase us!" Then he roared off, leaving streaks of rubber on the floor as he accelerated into the massive room, swerving around piles of computer equipment.

Kelex Space Station

"I'll do my best, commander," Skyblast replied to Arcee. "The Decepticons are doing a good job of making sure there aren't any other stations out there to bounce off of, though. Six of them have dropped off my sensor grid on our sector in the last ten minutes. Worst-case scenario, I may need to go out there personally and get out of range of their jamming."

The Omnicon didn't sound enthusiastic about that scenario at all.

Offshoot turned to leave, then stopped and said, "I almost hate to ask, commander, but...does that last order apply to us as well? It might be safer to set up a command center inside the Sentinel. For the evacuees, I mean. To make sure they can see that there's someone there, in command, taking care of them."

He forced himself to stop chattering and hoped that Arcee hadn't heard the obvious fear in his voice.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

(OOC: sorry, been a while)

Kelex Space Station

Arcee nodded at Skyblast. “Do your best, but don’t risk your neck unnecessarily. Would rather be cut off and have you alive rather than lose both you and not get communications. I need as many officers alive, and I doubt they can give us much in terms of orders anyway.”

She turned to Offshoot and nodded at the younger Omnicon. She was about to send Offshoot away even if he wasn’t so obviously afraid anyway. “Yes, I plan to set up a command center inside Omega Supreme. Until that happens, though, I am the captain of this station and I’ll stay with those that are still maintaining operations. You, on the other hand, should get on the next shuttle to the Sentinel. We need as many officers to quickly set up operations there, and that includes you.”

Arcee paused as they reached a group of Autobot heading towards the evacuation pods, and gave Offshoot a nod, her face trying to be impassive. “If I don’t make it, try and keep everyone alive.”
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

((ooc: Work strikes again here as well, don't sweat it Black))

Soundwave Facility

Hound turned his head as Red Alert took off, but didn't immediately move himself. He instead snapped his head back to Raiku, who bound by his arm-braced, would be unable to transform. With Red Alert taking off, though, Raiku would do what he could to keep up on foot, left with no other options. Hound would be just a step behind him, wanting to make sure the other two's backs were covered in case something else even nastier popped out.

"Let's go, Roadbuster!" Hound would shout.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Soundwave Facility

Red Alert dodged around Soundwave's simian minion, or so he thought -- the monkey-armed purple mech grabbed into his spoiler and held tight. Red Alert swerved to jerk his attacker loose, but all he managed to do was drag the beast along the floor behind him.

Meanwhile the other two beasts closed in on Hound and Raiku, intend on boxing the duo in.

"Do either of you have any idea where we need to look?" Red asked, still trying to shake his foe. "Even a general direction would be nice..."

Kelex Space Station

"Trust me, ma'am," Skyblast replied to Arcee, "I don't have any ambition to get killed. I'm going to take Signal Flare down to the #7 airlock and see if I can get a line-of-sight connection to any of the stations spinward of us."

He locked down the station, then waved at the other Omnicon to follow him out of the command deck.

"Yes, ma'am," Offshoot nodded to Arcee. "I'll coordinate with this 'Smokescreen' fellow and get a nerve center set up ASAP. Once it's ready, I'll let you know."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Soundwave Facility

Hound and Raiku were doing what they could to keep the hulking drones off of them, having to rely on ducking around the equipment and opening fire on their pursuers, but there was little they could do to slow the behemoths down.

"The map's lost, my hologram generator is shot!" Hound yelled back to Red Alert when they had a moment. "Raiku!"

With the prompting, Raiku would stop shooting for a moment to use his vision. It was a maze of power patterns running through all of the equipment, but there was one thing he could pick out, one massive well of power.

"All the power's routing that way, it has to be him!" Raiku reported to the others.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Soundwave Facility:

Roadbuster's shoulder mounted shrapnel cannon tracked the avian with the red wings, firing blast after blast as he fell back behind Hound, adding in fire from his linear blaster cannon and grenade launcher as he covered the retreat from the room.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

(OOC: I'm back sorta)

Kelex Space Station

"Good luck." Arcee told Skyblast, and nodded at Offshoot. Seeing the two Omnicrons on their way, Arcee walked up to the now nearly-deserted Bridge, and stood, arms folded, as she watched the carnage outside the window.

There are a lot of Decepticon fighters.

And all she could do is stand here and wait. She loathed that. She wanted nothing more than to gear up and go out there, take potshots at the Decepticons, scream profanities and do something, but she can't. She has responsibilities now. She had to respect these officers who still remain while the evacuation to Omega Supreme takes place.

But that doesn't make Arcee not want to get out there and put holes in the heads of the bastards who did this to her station.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

(OOC: Sorry for the delays, all.)

Soundwave Facility

"That's okay," Red Alert told Hound. "I don't think we're going back that way anyway. If we can't find Soundwave, we're not getting out!"

After Raiku gave them a direction, Red Alert swerved off of his current course, floored his accelerator and headed where the other Autobot had pointed. "Roadbuster, you've got the big guns. Can you take point? I don't like my odds, or the others', against whatever Soundwave's got waiting for us."

The red beast squawked as Roadbuster peppered its wings with shrapnel, dropping from the sky and scuttling behind a server rack to use it as cover. The bulkier theropod beast started to lumber in its direction, evidently intent on protecting it.

Kelex Space Station

As Offshoot made his way to the nearby airlock, the one where the Sentinel was docked, the station rocked harder than usual from one of the incoming volleys.

That one didn't hit the shields, he realized.

Moments later, as if the world was agreeing with him, a klaxon cut through the din of the station. "Warning: hull breach in section D, decks fourteen through twenty-two. Repeat, hull breach in section D, decks fourteen through twenty-two. All hands are advised to seek alternate escape routes immediately."

The crowd around him started to panic, but Offshoot tried to keep his cool. Falling back on his training as a bridge officer, he raised his voice and said, "Don't panic! If you keep moving, we'll all make it to the Sentinel safely."

The crowd seemed to react positively to his words...for a while, anyway. But their panic quickly returned, and Offshoot could see why. Through the corridor's floor-to-ceiling window a brightly-coloured Decepticon fighter could be seen swooping down towards them, missiles ready. With the shields down, Offshoot knew that their chances of survival were minimal. He prepared himself for death...then felt relief wash over him as the fighter exploded. A spacecraft with more subdued colours flew through the space he'd just occupied and rolled as if to show off his Autobrands to the group he'd just saved.

"I said get moving!" Offshoot barked. "We've got cover, but it won't last forever. We need to get to that Sentinel!"

This time, the crowd did as he'd asked. As they did, Offshoot muttered a silent thanks to whoever had just saved their butts.

"Nice shot, Air Raid! But try not to cut it so close next time!" Silverbolt cut through the void of space in fighter mode, overseeing the squad of young fighters who'd been all he'd had left on the station when Kelex's distress call had come in. The command hub itself was on the way, but after the station's shields had fallen they'd had no choice by to precede it into battle. "Your priority is point-defence. Don't let anything get close to the station, Aerialbots!"

Then he switched channels. "Kelex Station, this is Wing Commander Silverbolt. What's your status?"

Skyblast grinned as Silverbolt's call came through. "Arcee, help's arrived. I'm patching them through."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Soundwave Facility:

Roadbuster fired a parting salvo at the theropod and the server stack that the avian creature had hidden behind, then backed out of the room and transformed, charging up the corridors to Red's location. "Just keep the group together. I've got point."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Kelex Space Station

"Brilliant, Skyblast." Arcee said, smiling. About time something good happened for their side for a change. "Wing Commander Silverbolt, this is Kelex Station Commander Arcee. Really thankful for the help."

Arcee paused, before continuing. "We're abandoning the station and evacuating into the Omega Sentinel. Right now we're hard-pressed in moving civilian ships into the Sentinel as well as transferring all operations there. Your help in driving the Decepticons back while we evacuate would be most appreciated."