[CUSTOM] alpha trion

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Bountyhunter
Protoform

Kitbash alpha trion

Post by Bountyhunter »

Here is my take on Alpha Trion
opinions please.
Rollerdash
Protoform

Post by Rollerdash »

If you ask me, it looks better then Vector's orignal colors.
Bountyhunter
Protoform

Post by Bountyhunter »

Wow, thanks I really appreciate that.
Thefallenone
Protoform

Post by Thefallenone »

it looks wicked, like the way you repainted Vector Prime to make Alpha Trion ;)
Bountyhunter
Protoform

Post by Bountyhunter »

A little background, other then painting on this one, I also changed the figure. I filled in the indentation in vector primes chest with model glue and sanded it down to flatten it. Also I sanded down the hip flaps and cyberkey slot a little. I shaved down thethe face with a razor trying to recreate the orginal characters face from there I added to the crest. The colors I used were magenta, metallic amethyst, silver light grey and white.
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

Nicely done sire. *applause*
Alseides Prime
Protoform

Post by Alseides Prime »

its pretty good.

but i think i saw another alpha trion kitbash somewhere else that looked a little better.
Once upon a time, there was a little girl who hadn't seen her mother for seven years.
One day, on the way to her mother, she met a wolf.
The wolf asked her if she would be taking the path of pins, or the path of needles.
When the girl said she would be taking the path of pins, the wolf hurried of down the path of needles, and ate up the little girls' mother.
Alseides Prime
Protoform

Post by Alseides Prime »

Not to show you up but this ist it.

the coloring on it isnt as good as yours but the remolding is more intricate.
Attachments
p1010032.jpg
p1010032.jpg (46.28 KiB) Viewed 3301 times
Once upon a time, there was a little girl who hadn't seen her mother for seven years.
One day, on the way to her mother, she met a wolf.
The wolf asked her if she would be taking the path of pins, or the path of needles.
When the girl said she would be taking the path of pins, the wolf hurried of down the path of needles, and ate up the little girls' mother.
Bountyhunter
Protoform

Post by Bountyhunter »

Originally posted by Alseides Prime
Not to show you up but this ist it....

Dude, It is not a transformer if it can't transform, The head is not usable for transformation it is too big. Go away I do not care for trolling and you do. Did you even get permission to put this other piece up? Go away and never come back Alseides.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Bountyhunter
I do not care for trolling and you do. Did you even get permission to put this other piece up? Go away and never come back Alseides.
He's not trolling, although it would certainly be polite if he'd link and credit the source for that second image. If anything he's comparing the paint job on yours favourably.
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

Originally posted by Bountyhunter
Dude, It is not a transformer if it can't transform

I see, the Heroes of Cybertron and the like were just robots then. Interesting.

I like both, I think BH's is something more Hasbroish, it's like something that could come from them. I do like that other one though. Any info on it for me would be appreciated?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Gotta love it. People come to this forum for feedback, and if it's something more than "Awesome LOL r0xx0r" they go spastic mental.

Incidentally, props to fallen for one of the most prosaic post I can remember reading in the past half hour or so.
Bountyhunter
Protoform

Post by Bountyhunter »

Originally posted by Denyer
He's not trolling, although it would certainly be polite if he'd link and credit the source for that second image. If anything he's comparing the paint job on yours favourably.

Sorry I guess stress at work was getting to me and I've been You are right and I was going a little nutty there, sorry about that. I hope that no one posts pictures of my work without my permission. That other guy who did the other alpha should get credit for his work. I would like to know what he used to do the face.
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

The second one was flat out better, I could care less whether it transforms or not.

The first one looks like someone glued coloured tinfoil to it.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
Rollerdash
Protoform

Post by Rollerdash »

Originally posted by Sociopathic Autobot
The second one was flat out better, I could care less whether it transforms or not.

lol, In a way yes, but i like the colors better then the 2nd one. but the head on the 2nd one is better also
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Sociopathic Autobot
B, if you can't think of anything nice or constructive to say, hit the back button, grab a soda, or just generally f*ck off. Anything that doesn't involve spreading negativity. Ta.
Rollerdash
Protoform

Post by Rollerdash »

Originally posted by Denyer
B, if you can't think of anything nice or constructive to say, hit the back button, grab a soda, or just generally f*ck off. Anything that doesn't involve spreading negativity. Ta.

He did ask for opinions.
ravimus prime
Protoform

Post by ravimus prime »

Oh yes, very nice Bountyhunter. :)
Sades

Post by Sades »

I kinda like it. Reminds me of something one of my brothers did, years ago.

If y'ask me a base paint and a second paint layer probably would have helped the colour along/helped with definition, it's a bit thin in places. And imo grey is best when there's less of it as in this case it seems to break up the colour, but that's the sort of thing that's down to personal preference.

I don't know much about models, but I'm pretty sure there's some form of base paint you can buy for model building...?
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Bountyhunter
Protoform

Post by Bountyhunter »

I actually did two and three coats in places the photo did not come out as good as I would like. This is a figure that is hard to photo however because of the metallic paint. I will definitely look into the base coats. As an artist this was one of my first paint jobs I did on a figure I am a canvas painter, by training at least.